Members w/out Profile Pics..

Options

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would your profile photo / avatar matter on this site? This isn't myspace, or friendster, or facebook is it?

I could care less if this was MySpace, "Friendster", or Facebook same concept would apply. If can't even know(see) who is commenting me or PMing me then its creepy to even have them as a 'friend'. I don't see why people would get on a social network and not add a picture of themselves.
    Because not everyone is here to socialize. It is THEIR choice and THEIR choice only what they choose to do on this site.
    For a lot of people this is simply a tool to better themselves and that is their personal choice and no one has the right to judge them, plain and simple.
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would your profile photo / avatar matter on this site? This isn't myspace, or friendster, or facebook is it?

I could care less if this was MySpace, "Friendster", or Facebook same concept would apply. If can't even know(see) who is commenting me or PMing me then its creepy to even have them as a 'friend'. I don't see why people would get on a social network and not add a picture of themselves.
    Because not everyone is here to socialize. It is THEIR choice and THEIR choice only what they choose to do on this site.
    For a lot of people this is simply a tool to better themselves and that is their personal choice and no one has the right to judge them, plain and simple.

If they are ADDING people then they're socializing!
  • KariOrtiz2014
    Options
    Its not wrong to have a profile picture or not to have it. I was JUST wondering if you all accept those FR's or not. ITS PLAIN & SIMPLE!
  • JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    No message + no picture = automatic decline

+1
  • Sinisterly
    Options

And the world isn't going to collapse if you hit decline. 1 second flat.
    Just adding isn't socializing. I've had plenty add me and then they don't say diddly to me.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever not accepted a friend request. I really don't care if they choose not to post a pic or include a message. All that I have deleted after adding, due to creepiness, had pics and profile was filled out. Lack of message or pic isn't a great indication creepiness will ensue.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Avatars and "some kind" of picture is not a problem!! and MOST people that have no profile pic has NO info on their page either.

I have a friend that has no avatar or pic, but they socialize and are very supportive. I could care less what they look like.
  • KariOrtiz2014
    Options

Just adding isn't socializing. I've had plenty add me and then they don't say diddly to me.

If the world isn't going to collapse then why are you getting so upset over a topic?

Adding is not an attempt to socialize? I didn't know that sending a friend request was a "tool" that MFP has for fitness!??
  • BigVeggieDream
    Options
    [If can't even know(see) who is commenting me or PMing me then its creepy to even have them as a 'friend'.

How is it creepy?
  • KariOrtiz2014
    Options
    Avatars and "some kind" of picture is not a problem!! and MOST people that have no profile pic has NO info on their page either.

I have a friend that has no avatar or pic, but they socialize and are very supportive. I could care less what they look like.

I don't care how anyone looks like either because I'm not near perfect myself but I'd like to have a face match a name!
  • KariOrtiz2014
    Options
    [If can't even know(see) who is commenting me or PMing me then its creepy to even have them as a 'friend'.

How is it creepy?

Just stated how above! Thank you :-)
  • BigVeggieDream
    Options

I don't care how anyone looks like either because I'm not near perfect myself but I'd like to have a face match a name!

Can't you understand the desire for some to have some bit of anonymity? That doesn't make them creepy.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

If the world isn't going to collapse then why are you getting so upset over a topic?

Adding is not an attempt to socialize? I didn't know that sending a friend request was a "tool" that MFP has for fitness!??
    Ah, guess you haven't spent much time online.
    What makes you think I'm upset LOLOLOL.

You funneh.
  • BigVeggieDream
    Options
    Just stated how above! Thank you :-)

I don't see where you answered it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i have very strict friend-request-acception guidelines that i completely throw out the window if the chick has a nice rack.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    No way!
  • KariOrtiz2014
    Options

:) I have a life outside of MFP too.. Some people spend too much time online!
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    If its just that mfp default one, i dont accept. I like to see at least some kind of pic.
    Makes my page prettier! :tongue:
  • Sinisterly
    Options

:) I have a life outside of MFP too.. Some people spend too much time online!
    Some people work with computers, dear ;)
    Your trolling skills need work.
  • gl0rked
    gl0rked Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I guess I will be the one to say that no pic != "tech unsavvy".

I will also say this is my first post and frankly, idgaf since I don't message any of you people anyways.

Good day.