Are Quest Bars clean?

Options
jonnythan
jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
Serious question. Do you consider Quest Bars clean?

Replies

• 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Almost as clean as a Snickers.
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I consider them low carb, low calorie, low fat (most of them), high protein, and freaking delicious.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    depends if you drop 'em on the floor or not. remember, you can always rely on the 5 second rule.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    depends if you drop 'em on the floor or not. remember, you can always rely on the 5 second rule.

What she said.

But seriously it doesn't matter as long as you hit your macros.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm still mostly convinced that 'clean' eating is a term made up by people so they can pat themselves on the back and look down on other people without having to actually lose weight (but I am open to new information that may change my opinion). So calories in bar form are probably fine!
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Of course not
    lather, scrub, rinse, repeat
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Do not care. They keep me satiated during my commute so I don't eat stupid bus station food.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I like to eat mostly clean & I do like Quest bars (cookies & cream is my fav) but they are not what I would consider clean.
    If I am hungry at work, they are a good option to fill in between meals, & I like that they have a lot of fiber (usually 17 grams) in them, with high protein (usually 21grams) and generally low fat. They also don't have a boat load long list of chemical substances in them like a lot of other bars, and aren't too sugary (meaning taste, not actual sugar) since I'm not a fan of overly sweet stuff or massive amounts of sucralose.
    I work at a gym, and my go-to snacks are the Quest bars & Ostrim sticks. High protein, low crap, & pretty filling for the generally lower cals.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    if they're not clean when they first come out of the package then you need to report that to Environmental Health, so they can send an inspector to their factory and check that they're following all the food hygiene requirements

also send it together with the packaging in a small bag accompanied by a letter saying when and where you purchased it and explain the problem, and they'll likely send you some gift vouchers so you can buy yourself some more Quest bars - clean ones this time.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    They come out of a packet .... They've been made in a factory

I guess it's all about your definition of clean

For me : No
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    If you buy anything from a grocery store, some people will argue that your diet isn't clean. I, however, think it's all bs and life is too short to worry about weather or not a protein bar will kill your so called "clean" diet.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    If you buy anything from a grocery store, some people will argue that your diet isn't clean. I, however, think it's all bs and life is too short to worry about weather or not a protein bar will kill your so called "clean" diet.

Op didn't ask what we thought of a clean diet (that's a whole other thread), just whether the quest bar was...
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    if they're not clean when they first come out of the package then you need to report that to Environmental Health, so they can send an inspector to their factory and check that they're following all the food hygiene requirements

also send it together with the packaging in a small bag accompanied by a letter saying when and where you purchased it and explain the problem, and they'll likely send you some gift vouchers so you can buy yourself some more Quest bars - clean ones this time.

My thoughts too lol
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure they use green energy to power the lines making the bars.

I think it was rats running on top of the bars to move the line along.

For the exercising person, and made by the exercising rat.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I personally don't eat Quest Bars because they are expensive but if i wasn't so cheap... i would.....

Now, if they are clean or not... I would say NO.. but like most people i think clean is a marketing term that health nuts made up to sell tofu and sunflower seeds.... for 20 Bucks a packet...
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

:laugh:

+1
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Op didn't ask what we thought of a clean diet (that's a whole other thread), just whether the quest bar was...

Yes, which I addressed by saying it's not worth the time to worry about.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    why have none of the die hard clean eaters come to comment on this thread?

maybe you need to start one "are quest bars paleo" just for the mental image of Homo erectus people hunting quest bars or picking them off fruit trees :laugh:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Serious question. Do you consider Quest Bars clean?

Do clean eaters claim they are?
This discussion has been closed.