Are Quest Bars clean?

Options

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    why have none of the die hard clean eaters come to comment on this thread?

maybe you need to start one "are quest bars paleo" just for the mental image of Homo erectus people hunting quest bars or picking them off fruit trees :laugh:

Maybe the clean eaters are not going to rise to the flame baiting!!! :smile:

aww.... you're no fun :angry: *kicks rocks*
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

maybe you need to start one "are quest bars paleo" just for the mental image of Homo erectus people hunting quest bars or picking them off fruit trees :laugh:

In not baiting. I honestly want to know what
    people think. Their current advertising campaign claims they are.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Maybe they are afraid of being kicked out of the "clean eating club" when they admit they love Quest bars.
  • jonnythan
    Options

tumblr_inline_n4kabeviNI1qhrfjw.gif

Another serious question: have you ever seen me start a troll thread?

Almost 10,000 posts and I have never started an intentionally divisive, trolling thread. Not once, ever. I don't play games on the forum.

I am curious what "clean eaters" think.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Do I think you have though - yes! do I think this one was intended to get a reaction from clean eaters - yes!

Then don't rise to the bait.
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    depends if you drop 'em on the floor or not. remember, you can always rely on the 5 second rule.
    Oh my god :laugh:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Do I think you have though - yes! do I think this one was intended to get a reaction from clean eaters - yes!

Then don't rise to the bait.

yeah_right-53108.gif
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

Almost 10,000 posts and I have never started an intentionally divisive, trolling thread. Not once, ever. I don't play games on the forum.

Your profile is locked so I cannot check.

or maybe just to find out their opinions.... yes it'll probably end in a bun fight when they do post their opinions but that doesn't mean the OP doesn't want to know what they have to say.

I'm interested, seeing as the OP said that their marketing is claiming that it's "clean" - I guess with such ill defined terms any company can claim anything is clean, but if all the clean eaters come on here and say it doesn't "count" as clean, then it shows their marketing strategy isn't going to work all that well, i.e. clean eaters still won't eat them, and people who eat protein bars but don't classify foods as "clean" or not will eat them anyway, and not care for the "clean" label
  • jonnythan
    Options

or maybe just to find out their opinions.... yes it'll probably end in a bun fight when they do post their opinions but that doesn't mean the OP doesn't want to know what they have to say.

I'm interested, seeing as the OP said that their marketing is claiming that it's "clean" - I guess with such ill defined terms any company can claim anything is clean, but if all the clean eaters come on here and say it doesn't "count" as clean, then it shows their marketing strategy isn't going to work all that well, i.e. clean eaters still won't eat them, and people who eat protein bars but don't classify foods as "clean" or not will eat them anyway, and not care for the "clean" label

Except that now, thanks to the silly GIFs and threadcrapping, I won't really get an answer to my question.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Except that now, thanks to the silly GIFs and threadcrapping, I won't really get an answer to my question.
    What? A thread hijacked with silly gifs and threadcrapping? Say it isn't so!
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

I had a look on their website and I can't see that it is openly being marketed as 'clean' - maybe I missed that advert.

I think we all know what will happen if anyone posts the response that they do believe the quest bars are clean!

We all know they are not, but are hoping that someone will have a differing view so we can point out to them that they have more than 2 ingredients and are wrapped in a non-renewable packaging source.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I had a look on their website and I can't see that it is openly being marketed as 'clean' - maybe I missed that advert.

Literally the largest text at the top of the page is:

COOKIES & CREAM
    THE ULTIMATE #CHEATCLEAN
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think they are 'clean'.

But I wonder if perhaps they are not advertising the Cookies and Cream and clean, rather saying that if you're eating clean, and you're going to have a cheat, Quest is the way to go?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    No, I don't think they are 'clean'.

But I wonder if perhaps they are not advertising the Cookies and Cream and clean, rather saying that if you're eating clean, and you're going to have a cheat, Quest is the way to go?

That's an interesting thought. Like "cheat on your clean diet by eating a Quest Bar."

I'm not sure I agree with it, but it's interesting.
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I agree with it either, just tossing it out there :)
  • MagicalWanda
    MagicalWanda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think I love you!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Serious question. Do you consider Quest Bars clean?

No. The defintion of clean I am familiar with is "natural". Quest bars don't exist in nature, so they are not "clean".
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    depends on if I pick them up off the floor or not.

lulz.

If I was a "clean eater" I would not consider them clean- no.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    I've watched the youtube clip and read the rest of the details of the product and apart from that strap line (which is ambiguous) it does not promote or even suggest the product is aimed at the clean eating community.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree with this one!
This discussion has been closed.