What is your newest food obsession?

Options
RinnyLush
RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
Mine is unsweetened shredded coconut.

The boyfriend and I buy it in bulk and keep a jar of it on the kitchen counter for adding to yogurt, oatmeal, batter, etc. We even crust our chicken and fish with it! :love:

What is an item you have recently come to love? How do you use it?

Replies

• jmbond06
    jmbond06 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a million foods I love. But I guess my newest obsession would be sugar snap peas. I'd never had them until recently. Lightly steamed with some salt. yummy!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Has to be baked kale chips or single serving apple crisp.. Drool.....
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love with sweet potato cut in to wedges, sprayed with a few sprays of fry light, sprinkled with Nandos Piri Piri salt and roasted for about 22 mins in the actifryer. Served with grilled Turkey breast steaks and a crunchy salad. I am in work at the moment on nightshift, I will be having this later today for my evening meal, I will be having my weekly cheat night chinese take away on Sunday night yet I am more looking forward to the healthy option tonight with the sweet potatoes....go figure!!
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Reese's Crispy Crunchy Bars. OMG YUM. It's like a less hard Butterfinger with peanuts.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Mine is unsweetened shredded coconut.

The boyfriend and I buy it in bulk and keep a jar of it on the kitchen counter for adding to yogurt, oatmeal, batter, etc. We even crust our chicken and fish with it! :love:

What is an item you have recently come to love? How do you use it?

If you love that, you should try coconut powder from and Indian market. They put it in soups and curries. I love to put a tbsp of it in any tomato/broth based soups. I love it in Sambar and Rasam soup.
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Red potatoes.
  • wehave4
    wehave4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would say homemade apple chips. I haven't made any in a few weeks but they are super yummy. I need to make more. :happy:
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Homemade Macaron. Almond meringue cookies. I use Chef John's recipe from Food Wishes. And I can't stop making Farinata. I make one every week!
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Roasted red pepper hummus. I could eat it all day...
  • mandamerlot
    mandamerlot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Quest bars. The ONLY thing that satiates me between lunch and dinner.
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    almond butter or nutella...
  • PteFabulous
    PteFabulous Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash!! So easy to make, and works perfectly as a pasta replacement. I made it tonight and topped with tofurky italian sausages and garlic and onion pasta sauce. Delicious and filling!
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    - Walnut/Hazelnut Granola Bars
    - Coconut
    - Lindt Dark Orange Intense Chocolate
    - Belvita Cookies

YUM
  • Xxoxo
    Xxoxo Posts: 233
    Options
    Green tea, almond butter, oranges.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Soup.

Very filling with rice and just the right amount of spices/sauces.. Yes, sign me up for some soup!
    Chicken.. Beef.. Shrimp.. Turkey. BRING IT ON.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm having a houmous phase at the moment, eaten 3 tubs in 3 days, it's yummy!
  • brenannn
    brenannn Posts: 19
    Options
    Cottage Cheese.

I never wanted to try it when I was younger, because of the texture.
    But i relented and holy moly, it is the best.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    yogurt plain... it has come to the point i can't buy it is bulk... I have to limit myself to 4 a week...^^ and I usually eat all 4 the first day.. i buy them....^^
  • kwmarissa
    kwmarissa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Apple pie Quest Bars omg :love:
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would say homemade apple chips. I haven't made any in a few weeks but they are super yummy. I need to make more. :happy:

I am literally getting out of my chair this very moment to make some. Thanks for the idea!