Weird phobias.

Options
I used to be afraid of driving over train tracks because of a bad experience. It was weird because I thought about it every time I drove my car. I either made a conscious effort to drive over them or to avoid them. When I was starting to feel ok about trains I had a bad experience merging on the freeway because a big truck that looked like a train was headed towards me. I didn't merge for two years. Thank goodness I can now and it's all over. It really helped me to empathize with people who have phobias though.

Does anyone else have weird phobias?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Tiny rooms packed with tons of people. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Seeing a ship sink makes me vomit. Can't explain it, but any movie/doco/video of a ship going down makes me puke.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Tiny rooms packed with tons of people. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

That's not weird, I got that too and I am perfectly normal :bigsmile: Lot's of people in large rooms too :indifferent:
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Those huge wind turbines on the side of the highway
  • Sinisterly
    Options

That's not weird, I got that too and I am perfectly normal :bigsmile: Lot's of people in large rooms too :indifferent:
    Well, I'm fine with the large rooms and tons of people.. Even concerts.. It's the tiny rooms with lots of people where I hyperventilate and just want to scream out of the door, shrieking to the top of my lungs lol.
  • azlifah95
    azlifah95 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    1. double decker buses. (the feeling like the bus is going to topple over)

2. Cats, dogs, birds. Surprisingly, I'm okay with insects and stuff. They don't bother me except freaking butterflies and moths man. They suck. I like animals BUT from afar. This ridiculous phobia of mine is getting better since there are stray cats and birds everywhere where I live and I hope one day I might actually pick up a cat.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I really don't like seeing things with pores. It grosses me out and makes me squirm lol
  • Xxoxo
    Xxoxo Posts: 233
    Options
    Falling….

a huge diesel truck hitting me and making me fly off of an on-ramp

…. O.O….. also being stabbed or cut, or getting a limb caught in something *shivers*.
  • skowalska1
    skowalska1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Styrofoam. hate when that stuff squeak. uggggh!
  • infinitevast
    infinitevast Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    War
  • AeonAi
    AeonAi Posts: 60
    Options
    Balloons terrify me. Inflated or deflated doesn't matter. They are rubbery and gross.
  • WolfChylde
    WolfChylde Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mascots....
    like the characters at disney world, or sporting events, but especially the easter bunny. I run the other way.
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of bridges that go over water...I don't even know why
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    covered bridges

dead snakes (live ones too but that's pretty normal). I logically know a dead squished snake can do no harm, yet I run and look behind me anyway. If I drive over, even a dead one, my feet come off the floor of the car.

using the shower at work after a workout in the fitness center; what if the fire alarm goes off while I'm in there??
  • Sinisterly
    Options

using the shower at work after a workout in the fitness center; what if the fire alarm goes off while I'm in there??
    Plan ahead and bring a bathrobe with you.
  • NH_Norma
    Options

Plan ahead and bring a bathrobe with you.

Your logic has no place in my phobia :laugh:
    ETA: it is a manufacturing facility, with hundreds of people. A bathrobe isn't enough of a barrier!
  • ritan7471
    ritan7471 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    foam rubber, the kind they used to make couch cushions out of (or maybe still do). I cannot touch foam rubber of any kind but especially the bare kind that looks kind of like a sponge. Or even some kinds of sponges *shiver*. My mom never knew that and she thinks it's hilarious - my dad made me a bed, and we didn't have a proper mattress, so he cut one out of a big rectangle of foam rubber: then I had to change my own sheets on it. I never said anything about it because I knew my parents wouldn't get it and would think I was trying to get out of chores.

Still traumatized.

Also, shopping in any huge, crowded place.
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    That creepy little dude from Lord of the Rings. Can't watch the movies because of him. That voice. Gives me the chills and I run away screaming.
  • NH_Norma
    Options
    foam rubber, the kind they used to make couch cushions out of (or maybe still do). I cannot touch foam rubber of any kind but especially the bare kind that looks kind of like a sponge.

Ewwww....you poor thing!! Yes, that stuff feels gross! spongy, rubbery, sticky...blech!!!
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of walking past gas stations. I always think they are going to blow up as I'm walking by.