What is your newest food obsession?

Replies

• LouLoulost
    LouLoulost Posts: 181 Member
    Asparagus - it went on sale and we bought LOADS and couldn't stop eating it! Plain steamed, nothing else! Now it's not on sale and I'm craving it :(
    ok I too am in LOVE with asparagus , but not steamed get this , roasted in a sheet pan with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper
    roast asparagus at 350 for like 30-40 min. until it's caramelized lightly browned !!! love love love
  • LouLoulost
    LouLoulost Posts: 181 Member
    Shirataki Noodles!!! I like to sautee veggies and then throw them in. I get my noodle fix without a carb overload.
    pleas explain "shirataki noodles " I never heard of these, why are they low in carbs?
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Shirataki Noodles!!! I like to sautee veggies and then throw them in. I get my noodle fix without a carb overload.
    pleas explain "shirataki noodles " I never heard of these, why are they low in carbs?

Not too sure. They are found in the tofu section and the package on the link says tofu on them but they aren't tofu. Only down side is that they come in water and taste/feel weird if you dont rinse/dry/sautee. With sauce and enough veggies I wouldn't know.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/products/p/shiratakinoodle.htm
  • JakeNJ95
    JakeNJ95 Posts: 54
    the Met-rx protein bars and meal replacement bars, I love to eat them after workouts.
  • Ryvita crackerbread! I am truly obsessed with it right now! :)
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    spinach lol
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    "burnt" tofu
    slice hard tofu- drizzle with hosein sauce , and sprinkle with Sesame
    cover in a glass pan , and microwave for 10-12 minutes, the edges get chewy and its omg so yummy.. the salt kills you but, thats my weakness right now

oh and eggs and ANYTHING
    obsessed with eggs like 5-6 weeks
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Too many :)

Puffed wheat cereal
    ThinkThin chocolate peanut butter bars
    Peaches
    PANCAKES!
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Love Daikon Radish...super crunchyYum

Love Shirataki Noodles too...

Love to make veggie 'noodles' with my mandolin.....zucchini, daikon, cucumber...so good!
  • Farawyn
    Farawyn Posts: 4
    Steel cut oats. It's sweeter than regular oatmeal. Add blueberries, cinnamon and 1% milk.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Food! ... Seriously, food!

I have never been so obsessed with food in general in my entire life as I have been this past few months. I am really praying that this goes away after baby is born.
  • helen6056
    helen6056 Posts: 17
    Chobani low-fat lemon greek yoghurt (Australia) Tastes a bit like cheesecake, without the crust of course! I am actually looking for a lowcal cheesecake recipe using greek yoghurt so I can use this product in it. Any suggestions?
  • britkneemeyer
    britkneemeyer Posts: 54 Member
    pineapple!
    strawberries
    guacamole
    kale
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    0% Fage Greek Yoghurt with raspberries and sliced strawberries plus a tiny bit of honey - is my indulgent new favourite dessert
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Wawa has this yogurt with granola and apple or mango diced... at 320 cals, its a meal, but so filling and tasty...
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Green chickpeas in the pod! Sprinkle with some salt water and stick in the oven. It's like shelling seeds, but they're not seeds, they're green but not exactly what you expect green to taste like, it's a chickpea.. but it tastes like a weird cross between something you can't define and.. well something else you can't define. For 125 calories per 100 g (About 2 cups in shell unpacked), 8 fiber an 7 protein. HEAVEN ON EARTH!
  • Togi11
    Togi11 Posts: 20
    Kippers in hot sauce and sardines in hot peppers. Real baby carrots *not the clorinated ones in bags* with roasted garlic hummous, sugar snap peas (the crack of plant based snacks).
  • Farawyn
    Farawyn Posts: 4
    The unsweetened shredded coconut...Where do you get this?
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Overnight oats, made with low fat greek Chobani yogurt, flaxseed chia seed, sunflower seed, and added berries, delicious and nutritious, I have it for breakfast and morning snack.
    Coffee made with half my protein shake, like a thick and creamy mochacino.
    Previous favourite thing was sweet potato baked in microwave and sprinkled with cinnamon, that was when I was trying to gain weight and needed more calories.
    Then there was the peanut butter phase, mixed with ice cream, or plain yogurt.
    Before that I was hooked on cottage cheese with savoury dishes, or with chopped fruit. Only stopped buying it because I eat so much dairy, and the cottage cheese is quite high in salt.
  • brookemart81
    brookemart81 Posts: 62 Member
    I just bought a new ice cream maker, so... ice cream, gelato, frozen yogurt, sorbet, etc. is my current obsession! I made a vegan chocolate hazelnut gelato this morning and I'm planning a batch of lemon blueberry greek frozen yogurt as soon as the bowl is frozen again.