Can you LOSE 50+ pounds by July 1st? CHALLENGE!!!

Options

Replies

• heatherlynn9008
    Options
    This group sounds just like me. I want to lose 50 lbs so bad and maybe this group will help; it doesnt hurt to try. Thanks

Screen Name: heatherlynn9008
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 186 lbs
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): i really want to lose 50 lbs and be at the healthy weight for my height
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: This is the heaviest ive ever been, gained weight after high school and have been gaining ever since. I want to feel better about my appearance and have better self esteem
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: work out 4 times a week and using the mobile diary to eat healthier
  • cchesvick
    Options
    Screen Name: cchesvick
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 209.1 lbs
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 50 lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I had lost 150 lbs with gastric bypass and have gained back 30 lbs, I can't go back to 333 lbs again.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1200 calories, Kung Fu and Tai Chi

Thank you for this challenge. Good Luck to all of us!!!
  • Neoneko
    Neoneko Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Group count me in

Screen Name: Neoneko

Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 189Lbs

Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for):50Lbs (139Lbs)

Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: Get back in shape and lead a healthy lifestyle again (Ive been putting it off for far too long)

What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Regular balanced meals and following a structured training regime.

Good luck everyone ^_^
  • buie03
    buie03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in...

Screen Name: buie03
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): **I'll have to weigh in on Jan. 2 as it's half-way through the day and I've already eaten twice**
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 60 lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: more energy, feel better about myself, set a good example for my children
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1230 calories/day and exercise at least 45 minutes/day - five days a week
  • kdpamd
    kdpamd Posts: 38
    Options
    Okay. I am ready to do this. My official weigh in for the first day of 2011.

Screen Name: kdpamd
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 184.5
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 50lbs.
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To be healthy and feel better about myself.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1200 cal/day, 45min cardio 3 times a week, and lots of chicken and veggies.
  • karittu
    Options
    Count me in!!!! This was exactly my goal when I updated my profile this morning. I love the challenges and group support!

Screen Name: karittu
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 227.6
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 175
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To be healthy and happy about the way I look before I turn 30 this year!! :)
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Low carb, low sodium, lots of fruits and vegetables for my diet. Jazzercise and elliptical workouts for exercise!
  • stephyholl
    Options
    Screen Name: stephyholl
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 102kgs 16 stone 3 lbs 226 lbs
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 150lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: i want to feel better about myself and enjoy sports and activities with my boys,
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: i plan to attend 2 classes a week and swim at least 4 times a week
  • mrsmacg2b
    Options
    Better late than never......

Screen Name: Mrsmacg2b
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 208lbs
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 60lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: Want to be fit and healthy for a change. To fit into my beautiful wedding dress (on May 14th) and look fab on my honeymoon on July 1st!!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Eat within my 1410 food cals per day, walking LOTS and exercising on bike and having fun on the Wii
  • carlamorris
    carlamorris Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i am so in !

Screen Name: carlamorris
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 222
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 60 or more
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: to be able to feel my age
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: i am eating about 1,200 cals a day. as for the work out i try and make it to the gym atleast 3 times a week . when im at the gym i spend no less then an hour and half there
  • aborders7423
    Options
    Im in also,very excited about this.

Screen Name: aborders7423
    Starting Weight(On January 1st 2011): 304.4
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for):60 or more
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?:Health reasons and so that I can look good for myself and my fiance when we get married.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I am eating about 1,600 calories a day.I workout on the elliptical machine 5 days a week for 30 minutes a day. Lift weights for another 30-45 minutes and play basketball for an hour.Use my Kinect with the different exercise games I have.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Haha, this would be perfect as I want to lose about 50lbs! :D

Screen Name: Sigra
    Starting Weight(On January 1st 2011): 190
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for):140
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To look good and be able to fit into old clothes :) I want to be able to run without getting out of breath!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I am eating 1300cal a day, working out on the elliptical and taking brisk 15min walks on my breaks (2x day) at work! I also recently bought an ab roller machine which will make good for doing sit ups while listening to my iPod
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Screen Name: TattooedMommy427
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 188 Saturday is my weigh-in day so this is perfect!
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): My original goal is 56lbs, I've already lost 13 but hey, I'll shoot for 50 more. :)
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: Currently I'm obese-3lbs to go to be overweight!- I want to be healthy and a trohpy wife. :p
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I eat 1200 calories a day give or take with my exercise, and I'm currently doing Turbo Jam. About to start week 2 yay!!
  • mzkitie
    Options
    mzkitie, currently 191, goal is 140, want to feel healthier, was down to 170 and recently started to gain. Going to use Lindora program.
  • ixsaraxi
    Options
    I'm in the January one and I'll join this one as well!

Screen Name: ixsaraxi
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 174
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 54 lbs goal weight of 120 :)
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: to be healthier and active
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1200 healthy calories a day, elliptical 7 days a week, alternating zumba and 30 day shred every day.
  • jaskelley
    jaskelley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in!

Screen Name: jaskelley
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 250 lbs
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 200 lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I'd like to look good at least once in my life. Plus, I'm getting older and my family has a history of health problems, so I'd like to avoid those if I can.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Approx 1600 cals/day coupled with weight training 4x per week.

Good luck everyone. :)
  • jkc2222
    jkc2222 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: jkc2222
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 197
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 147
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to be healthy and look good in my sister's wedding.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I plan to cut calories, quit eating out, & go to the gym 3-4 times a week.

I am excited to start this challenge and start losing weight.
  • loulouBell72
    loulouBell72 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Heres mine :)
    Screen name: louloubell72
    Starting weight: 210lb
    Goal by July 1st 2011: 160lb
    Want to loose the weight so i can feel healthy, be around for my daughter in the future and to be able to feel good about myself.
    Eating plans are the calories given on this site for loosing the weight needed and also exercising 3 times a week with dvd's and treadmill, cycling out doors when the weather is better.

Looking forward to the challenge as i will be doing a fun run for cancer in June so really want to run it this time and not walk.

Louise
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    Can we still join this?
    50lbs is my goal weight
    I want to loose it for nod June for my holiday
    Do we think it's still possible?
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    Screen name - xweerachceex
    Starting weight - 182 pounds (depressing)
    Weight to loose - 50 pounds
    Reason for loosing weight - I started in august lost 9+ pounds and now vie put it all back on again I'm going on holiday with my partner at the end of June and would love to wear a bikini and feel good wearing it
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I want in too!

screen name: tginnett
    starting weight is 245 (yesterday!)
    goal is 195 so 50 lbs exactly
    I want to lose so I can keep up with my son and I'm sick of the fat jokes.
    My strategy is to stick to my calorie goal, mainly by keeping the carbs reasonable and getting lots of exercise (swimming, cross-country skiing wile the snow is here, and weights).
    Thanks for doing this!