Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages (500 posts) we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I'm a little sad tonight, found out today that my trainer is no longer with my gym. I've been working out with him at that gym for nearly two years. I think we're going to work something out so he can continue to train me outside of the gym, but I feel out of sorts and a little uneasy. :sad:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I am also a bit down been having a short break from mfp. I thought I had gotten down to 150lbs but when my husband weighed he also came at 150 so we thought that was odd and put a 5 lb weight on it came up 150 yet again. Well it dawned on us how old it was and got a new one. Sad to say i am back up to 160. Guess i do need mfp.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I don't need a Monday check-in. I need a Monday kick-in-the-pants!

I've been starting my log each day, but not finishing it. I'm sliding back into my old habit of sitting in front of the tv and eating without recording. Not drinking enough water and binging on Easter candy. Not going to get where I want to be if I keep doing that stuff!

RobinB- Your "decision" post was just the thing I needed tonight. Going to make the decision to NOT go over calories tonight and to drink my water instead!

Going to get back on track this week...started with getting caught up on this thread. It can only go up from here! (My attitude that is. Not my weight. :wink: )

Great news this past week is that I've stuck to my 10K training plan and ran 3.57 miles without stopping on Saturday! I think if I stick to the training plan, I really will be able to run an entire 10K by June 14th! :bigsmile:
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: Hope the surgery went well, Robin! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My interview went well today. I was being interviewed for two positions the summer school program and my program. One of the higher ups who oversees my program was conducting the interview and is in charge of the summer program. There was another higher up also conducting the interviews as well. I think the interview went well they were smiling and nodding their heads a lot in agreement to things I was saying. They received more applicants than positions available so they also asked if I would be interested in subbing for the summer program if I was not given a position in a classroom. Honestly, I have zero desire to sub. I would absolutely hate walking into various classes every day and not knowing what was going on. But I figured it wouldn't hurt to get my face known around the schools. I should hear some time in May what their decision is.

I did some strength training yesterday. Today after work Brian and I went for a nice long walk. We got in 4 miles in a little over an hour. Our pace quickened again!

Laurie - Glad you enjoyed the Special Olympics!

Susan - Congrats on the no diet coke!

Katrena - Sorry to hear you are going through heartbreaking times. (((hugs)))

LittleShadow - Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed your day. Miles is such a cute name for a turtle.

BDoug - Welcome to the group. I am from NY, Long Island to be exact.

Tracy - I agree. The thread has been moving very slowly lately. I feel bad that I have not been finding time lately to get on here every day.

Aimeemarie - I am so glad things are going well with you and Aaron. That is wonderful!

Kah - So sorry about your trainer. Was it you who posted a while ago that your trainer may be leaving due to another opportunity? If so was that the reason he is leaving?
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Heidi- Great job with the walking prep this weekend. I am very impressed by your dedication to doing the ½ marathon. Hope your ankle gets better soon. Happy birthday, best wishes for the year ahead.

Doug- L2T and Kelley- gave you some very good advice and I would suggest the same thing. Have you tried swimming? I am thinking it might help to relieve the pain in your back since the water helps to reduce the strain on your joints. You start one day at a time and cook your own food. Eat fewer calories to lose weight. Keep walking and doing it in intervals is fine and will make a difference as you will burn calories and build endurance. Like Kelley said- pick one thing and stick with it for 3-4 weeks, it will become a habit. Welcome to the group, we hope you post often.

Tlh-Happy that you did not have snow again. Hopefully, Spring will stay around for a while and you can enjoy the weather. Sounds like a great program.

Aimee- Congrats on no longer being in the obese category. That is awesome and great job on the hike.

Susan- Great job on 1 week without diet coke, that is fantastic. I remember giving up soda and it was hard but you can do it.

Kelley- Sorry to hear that your trainer has left your gym. I know how difficult it is when trainers leave for whatever reason. At least, he is doing his best to continue working out without you outside of the gym. Sending you positive thoughts that you can work out a training schedule together.

Meeper-Welcome to the group.

Hansea- Here is your Kick in the Pants!!! It is time to change a habit like eating in front of the TV. I had to stop myself from eating in front of the TV and only in the kitchen. Now at night, when I watch TV and check in on MFP, then I can read and post while watching TV. This keeps my hands busy and me from eating at night.

Nettie- Great job on your walk and the faster pace. Yeah, to the interview going well and the fact that it was conducted by the higher ups is even better.

Today, was a great day and had a good session with my trainer by working on lower and upper arms today. I actually managed to do man style push ups correctly. I surprised myself with doing the 3 sets with the numbers increasing each time (8,10,15). The focus today was on forearm strength so that should help with the rock climbing and swimming. This was going to be a quiet week but it has turned busy all of sudden. So my goal is to still exercise this week.

Sunday- rest
    Monday- Trainer DONE
    Tuesday- Meeting after work (gym?)
    Wednesday- Evening meeting (Swim Team practice?)
    Thursday- Trainer morning (day off)
    Friday- Climbing
    Saturday- Swimming and water aerobics
    Sunday- 5K run and maybe a bike ride
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    I am going to do the roll over. Not sure who is on line right now and there is only 3 post left on this page. After this we are down to 2.

Follow the link at the bottom of the last post in blue that says continued at this topic.
  • Lauriek70
    Options

For all our friends in the path of severe weather please stay safe.

499 Now down to 1 left.

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages (500 posts) we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

• Lauriek70
    Options

For all our friends in the path of severe weather please stay safe.

500 Now down to 0 left. See you after the roll over. Have a great week everyone.:heart::drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

• Lauriek70
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: Newbies, Welcome to our Thread! You can join us just by posting to this thread..... :happy: :happy: :happy: :laugh:

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

May Challenge- Will be an exercise based challenge. Details to be posted soon.
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Speaking of the May challenge: What guidelines do we want to set for the May challenge?

Would you be willing to add the info to spread sheet found on Google and kept private or would you prefer to post on here and I will record it on a spread sheet?

We can record all distances from any type of exercises. Google has sites that convert into KM or miles.

The goal of this challenge is to keep us all moving and doing our own virtual event.

Ideas, Suggestions please post.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,136 Member
    Options
    Bumping to stay on the thread....! I hope everyone is safe. :heart:

Lin in Central Iowa
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Monday: goal complete did zombies! Run felt great
    Tuesday: work and weights
    Wensday: zombies, run! Maybe go swimming or biking too
    Thursday: weights and work
    Friday: zombies, run and work
    Saturday: biking or hiking and work
    Sunday: walk and yoga with friends

This is my first day back after i broke my arm. I took two months off, and after my last doctor visit got the thumbs up to do weights again as long as I start very light. I don't want to get hurt! I feel much happier after i worked out :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Thanks for rolling us over Laurie. I'm open to either google docs or posting here. I don't have a lot of experience with google docs, but I have an account where students share assignments with me, so I'm sure I could figure it out.

Hi Everyone! :flowerforyou: Sorry I have been sort of MIA the past few days. I've been reading, or at least skimming through everyone's posts, but I apologize if I missed anything.

I would love to go back and reply to everyone, but I'm still swamped with grading, so I will just start fresh from here.:flowerforyou:

Monday Check-in:
    Well after a really great start to April and our re-commitment challenge, I kind of fell apart over the past few days. Easter holiday put me over for the month, and though I started to cut back on that overage early in the week, by Friday I was 1200 calories over for the month. I then neglected to even log this past weekend b/c I was away from my computer and food scale with my friend in Lake Geneva. We didn't eat or drink a lot, but then I also had a party yesterday evening. Logging as best guesses and from memory, I am currently at 1360 calories over for the month. I will do my best over the next two days to bring that down, but I think I will end up over for the month. I figure even if I'm 1000 calories over, that's still only the equivalent of eating 2 days at maintenance for the entire month of April since I'm at a 500 calorie/day deficit right now.

I plan to start fresh on Thursday. Will clean the slate and start at zero again with the goal of doing better next month.

I mentioned work has been drama-laden, I won't go into the boring details, but one of our building reps (union) has been a real pain in the butt. Just doing/saying stupid stuff and rubbing all of the rest of us the wrong way. :angry: Elections for next year's reps are this Wed, so I'm hopeful she won't get re-elected--or if she does, that I don't get re-elected. :tongue:

Grading Goals:
    1. 67/70 AP essays
    2. 18/52 satirical cartoons
    3. x/52 Hemingway short story annotations/questions

(I have a lot more grading, but this is my goal by friday)

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + Glo Run 5k
    Sun--walk gunner + gym
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in. My calorie balance looked better this weekend and I continue to get good walks. Yesterday I didn't make 4 miles, but after Saturday it felt like enough. Today I got over 5 miles, but it was broken into 2 sessions.
    Here's to a great week. I don't have a lot of experience with some things on the computer, but I'm sure I can figure out the May challenge however you do it.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Sitting in the doctor's office waiting on DH. Finally got him to have a long overdue screening colonoscopy. He was bragging this morning that he lost 6.5 pounds overnight due to the cleansing process you go through prior to the procedure. I had to laugh at that since I'm sure most, if not all, of it will be back tomorrow. At least I could also report a loss. Down to 190.8 this morning!!!

April Renaissance/Fighting Complacency

At or under Calorie goal: 28/30

Exercise Goals:

Saturday - 3 hours yard work DONE
    Sunday - 3 miles walking DONE
    Monday- Cardio/Weights/Stretch DONE
    Tuesday - Rest Day
    Wednesday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch
    Thursday - Pilates
    Friday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Gotta love a fresh thread!

Thanks for the sweet birthday wishes! My birthday was pretty much a bust. At least I got serenaded at work by my 57 sweet kiddos. I admit, I've been off the wagon for the last couple of days... giving myself today to do whatever I want, and then hitting it hardcore tomorrow. Time to get the scale moving in the right direction again.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Bump :) I have heard of the geocaching. Ill haveto see if he is into that or not.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Bump.