Options
    Wow.
    it could be worse...

her-first-time-outside-the-kitchen.jpg

:sad: :sad: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriend would make stupid comment's like that... And that's why he's an ex. :wink:
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    women
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ahhh...it's stuff like this that makes me glad I'm single. Sorry OP.

Yep yep yep!
  • staceylynn08
    staceylynn08 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My ex-fiancé was very insecure and loved the fact I had gained lots of weight and let myself go! He didn't want me to be attractive, that would encourage other men to look at me! He was very possessive and controlling, all because he was afraid of losing me.

I'm happily single now, though I wish I had a significant other who was interested in a healthy lifestyle change that includes going to the gym.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just because one guy thinks this, does not mean all men are like that of course. My husband would never think that. Even when men are paying attention to me he just jokes with me about it. He has feelings about it, but he also understands why men are paying attention to me, and he knows it probably must feel good to me to get compliments. So, he jokes about it and we have a good laugh.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Not all men are insecure little douchecanoes. Don't lump them all in the same boat.

I know plenty of very supportive encouraging men.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    My ex was like this. This is why he is an ex. My current loves me and trusts me. Don't paint all men with such a broad brush.
  • chloematilds
    chloematilds Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    invite him to the gym and encourage him to be.... "hot" topless
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Yeah, just because one guy thinks this, does not mean all men are like that of course. My husband would never think that. Even when men are paying attention to me he just jokes with me about it. He has feelings about it, but he also understands why men are paying attention to me, and he knows it probably must feel good to me to get compliments. So, he jokes about it and we have a good laugh.

Your husband sounds like one smart guy!

Controlling jealous guys SUCK!
  • chloematilds
    chloematilds Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Because they read stupid articles on the interwebz which never lies.

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/dating_top_ten_60/65b_dating_list.html

Jesus...I thought men were visual creatures? How come some dont want a "hot wife"?

TBH, I dont want a husband who is obese and slobby.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Just an observation here....on one of your recent posts you replied to "Bang, Date, Marry or Pass! GO!!! "....your reply ?....."bang"

Hmmmm.......

Awesome,.... anxiously awaiting OP's response!
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Just an observation here....on one of your recent posts you replied to "Bang, Date, Marry or Pass! GO!!! "....your reply ?....."bang"

Hmmmm.......

And a little bit of truth peeks out from behind the OP's curtain.
    23683-Ashton-Kutcher-burn-gif-95QB.gif
  • IPAkiller
    Options

Hmmmm.......

And a little bit of truth peeks out from behind the OP's curtain.
    23683-Ashton-Kutcher-burn-gif-95QB.gif
    So wait, if the OP actually is an untrustworty spouce, does that make Hubby just as insecure as you all paint him as?
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    why do u guys think if ur woman wants to lose weight and start going to the gym again ur mind goes straight to cheating? not only was my husbands mind thinking that but his friends think that too? cant i do something for myself? i am looking forward to wearing a bathing suit in public and not hide under a t shirt... sorry a little vent

So my husband did the same thing to me. I had a fight with him almost every time I went to the gym. (even though I would ask him to go)
    Every time I tried something new there was anger about it. He told me I was going through a mid-life crisis, and I was working out for all the wrong reasons (Never mind that I voiced my worry about diabetes, and finding out about our sons high cholesterol. Wanting to set good examples, and encourage our children to be healthy)
    I tried to get counseling with him. I tried telling him I was just putting myself back on my priority list after so many years of being all about him (he had some health issues too), and our children.
    He just did not understand no matter how much I explained, and he could see how happy it made me, and how much better my anxiety got.
    I was very patient with him b/c I knew it was really his underlying self esteem issues, but ultimately it is costing me my marriage. It got to a point where it turned into a kind of verbal abuse that I could no longer tolerate. I had to ask him to leave our home of 12 years.

Please talk to him about it now before it turns into something bigger. Invite him to join you. I hope it turns out better for you then it did for me. :flowerforyou:

But you have to be happy with you above ALL else.........life is too short to not!
  • IPAkiller
    Options
    OP explain your recent post replies please.....is that acceptable behaviour ? I think not. How would he feel knowing what things you put on here ? and more to the point how you would you feel if you found out your man acted in this way ??
    She can't reply anymore today. She's more than likely left work aready (MFP Safe) and is on her way home (not MFP safe). Check back tomorrow morning.
  • Sourdiesel79
    Sourdiesel79 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bit harsh... Sounds like they have some stuff they need to sort out but if he as controlling as made out can you blame her?