Cousinly Love

Options
123457»

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Oh look, another Zombie thread bumped by Pensfan.

Haven't seen that 40 times today.

26805e14bee99a94139ad2151dd955bec4f20daf8ceb0d02fbc62ac973fe9320.jpg

love this.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgI6wBX2vPqXblP2xDRVgRUe3uKZDu-umOayix0Gxr69UcVNmV
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I am very close with my two male cousins and refer to them more as my brothers as we were raised pretty much as siblings more than cousins, even to the point their kids call me Aunt Laurie which I love and never will want that to change. I think she could learn in time to respect your time with your boyfriend, maybe ask her privately to just text or call first or, get her number and text her saying how much you appreciate their relationship that being said your wanting a night alone if she could honor your wishes. But be polite because if they are close you could end up on the out in this case.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

not-funny.gif?w=640
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! So I'm looking for some opinions, sorry if this is kind of long.

My boyfriend and his female cousin are very close. They are close in age, she is only two years older than he is. But I'm starting to feel like they are a little too close, if that's possible? They talk on the phone pretty often, they have sleepovers (she sleeps on the floor), she wears his sweatshirts and stuff, she's always stopping by his house unannounced, even when me and him are spending time together, and she usually stays for a couple of hours. He gives her multiple hugs whenever he sees her, and I feel like he ignores me whenever she is there. When I try to talk to him about it, he gets mad and short-tempered. I guess I'll get to the point. It really bugs me. Is it possible that they are TOO close? (I dont have any close cousins so I'm not sure)

Any opinions/advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Are they kissin' cousins? Making-out in the back seat of his Dodge Chrysler? Having sex on the kitchen table?

I actually read the whole OP and can't figure out the issue here. Do you not like her for some reason?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It sounds like they are just best buds

ditto.

+1

Your cousins are generally the first friends that you make in life. I think it's great for cousins who can stay close friends as adults. Life usually gets in the way.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! So I'm looking for some opinions, sorry if this is kind of long.

My boyfriend and his female cousin are very close. They are close in age, she is only two years older than he is. But I'm starting to feel like they are a little too close, if that's possible? They talk on the phone pretty often, they have sleepovers (she sleeps on the floor), she wears his sweatshirts and stuff, she's always stopping by his house unannounced, even when me and him are spending time together, and she usually stays for a couple of hours. He gives her multiple hugs whenever he sees her, and I feel like he ignores me whenever she is there. When I try to talk to him about it, he gets mad and short-tempered. I guess I'll get to the point. It really bugs me. Is it possible that they are TOO close? (I dont have any close cousins so I'm not sure)

Any opinions/advice would be appreciated, thanks!

People who aren't close with family often don't get family who are really close. I have noticed this before. I personally think you haven't got anything to worry about.

That makes sense. My family and I are the opposite of close, and when I see other parents say they love their kids and hug them and help them out it really creeps me the heck out.
  • srl32000
    srl32000 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think its weird.... if she is hot - its even more weird.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options

not-funny.gif?w=640

normal.jpg
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    This is creepy...but not as creepy as MFP...