When to delete inactive friends...

124»

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    15 minutes. If they aren’t constantly coddling my fragile psyche…I cut them loose.

:laugh:
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    3 DAYS
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    3 months for me , 7 days would be a lurker on my FL - but I have friends who I have met off the computer I would never delete , one has returned after 3 months gone ... so yeah I give everyone a chance , but then my FL is not terribly full, its not like i have a waiting list.....

I also give nudges after a week , then check in abt every 4-5 days, so yeah , if you fall off the wagon , I'm right behind you hitting you in the back of the knees to knock you back in here .. (its a mom thing)
  • Shananigans_
    Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    If they're not supportive, never comment or if they're not eye candy.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    When they refuse to show me their butt.

Message received! Taking picture of my butt right now.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    If someone's been gone for months, sure. /shrug

7 days seems a bit extreme, but it's your FL

My thoughts exactly. Crap is bound to happen in the span of 7 days. I say 3 months is my average, that way I give people the benefit of the doubt.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    7 days if we never actually interacted at all, 14 days if there was some superficial interaction (likes, a comment or two). If I talked to them a lot before they disappeared then pretty much indefinitely.

something like this.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    It's your FL, so delete them whenever you want.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    30 days, unless we are friends in real life.
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    A month, if I even ever bother looking through my FL to check. I don't care, honestly. Some people get really riled up about this sort of thing and I'm not sure why.

^^^ This! IF I even bother to check my list and worry about it. I have a short, sweet friend list. Some of them have gone away for quite some time and then they reappear and I welcome them back. Things happen to people sometimes. You never know what they may be going through for them to "disappear" for a while. Could be something really serious, so I don't sweat it. If they come back on, great! I'll be there to say hello and glad to see that they are back.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    I would prefer that my FL is full of people who are as committed as I am, and I log in every day. I don't like the idea of seeing people coming and going, or quitting because it's too hard, generally flaking out, or posting updates like 'oops, I fell off the wagon for 2 weeks, but I'm back, congratulate me!'. So I'm pretty brutal with deleting.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    I say 7 days of inactivity unless they are on vacation or something. What do you think? ... unless you are a "dead friend" hoarder - then I don't care what you think.

If you don't care what we think, why did you ask?
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Why delete them at all? If they are inactive they are not clogging up your news feeds or anything?

this. I don't have a lot of friends on here, but I don't care if they've disappeared for a while. I've disappeared for a while here & there too.

I don't really look through my friends list that often. If they're posting & logging, great! If not, well, it doesn't affect me at all so I don't feel the need to delete them.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Why delete them at all? If they are inactive they are not clogging up your news feeds or anything?

this. I don't have a lot of friends on here, but I don't care if they've disappeared for a while. I've disappeared for a while here & there too.

I don't really look through my friends list that often. If they're posting & logging, great! If not, well, it doesn't affect me at all so I don't feel the need to delete them.

I regularly look at the friends tab on the mobile app. It lists every username with an icon and how many lbs they've lost. I find it very motivating to see how everyone is doing.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    my husband has been inactive on mfp for 8 months can i delete him???
  • Daily.
  • Guinness80
    Guinness80 Posts: 39 Member
    Happily got my first friend request today, but then I read this thread - and yikes. Hope I don't find myself friendless after this weekend since I'm making a trip to visit my family and probably won't be online for a couple days. :frown:
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    I delete people just because...

It makes me feel powerful.