Is MFP used as a dating site?

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Isn't that what we are all here for?

You are late to that party.
    Sorry, I was busy doing important stuff until now, like eating bacon.

Not taking nudez to send me?
    No, I have those professionally taken.

In real life, I am professional photographer. :drinker:

What size lense do you prefer, and how big is your aperture? :smokin:

50mm, 1.2

Trust me....her aperture is second to none!

Shhh, I am married, my husband might find out about my PM wh*ring.

And I am not even a SAHM,

Oops. Sorry!

I mean....her aperture sucks!

*whispers* IS THAT WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TA SAY?

I'll PM you so we're discreet, I wouldn't want people to get wind of our steamy love affair and write about wedding photographers throwing themselves at fathers-to-be.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

50mm, 1.2

Come here often? You look hot enough to cook a pizza on.
  • NikkiRaeLucas
    NikkiRaeLucas Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for a few years. It was never my intention for it to be a "dating site" and yet a year ago I sent a friend request and ended up meeting my soon to be husband! So yea it can happen :)
    ^ This
    <~~ met him here two years ago. Love of my life. :heart:
    I have on my profile that I am married and it seems a lot of people don't care. So yeah, I think that some people use it as a dating site.
    ^ Also this

Both of our profiles specifically state that we are in a relationship with each other yet people do not respect it. Even people that are/were friends with both of us. :noway:

You never know what "fate" has in store! :smile:
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

50mm, 1.2

Oops. Sorry!

I'll PM you so we're discreet, I wouldn't want people to get wind of our steamy love affair and write about wedding photographers throwing themselves at fathers-to-be.

*breaks character to abandon thread and go write the Rom/Com that was just born in that post....
  • NikkiRaeLucas
    NikkiRaeLucas Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for a few years. It was never my intention for it to be a "dating site" and yet a year ago I sent a friend request and ended up meeting my soon to be husband! So yea it can happen :)
    WOW....good for you...Congratulations! I'm sure most people are just here for fitness/weight loss support, but you just never know where you'll meet someone :heart: (I met mine in a tire store waiting room :ohwell:).

LOL! Fate is great!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

50mm, 1.2

Come here often? You look hot enough to cook a pizza on.

Careful, my husband and one of my MFP boyfriends are in this thread.
  • _AlabamaSlamma_
    Options

50mm, 1.2

Oops. Sorry!

Too late. That's tomorrow's thread geared at bashing wedding photographers as well as the nasty little SAHM hussies.
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    But you do feel the need to make broad, sweeping generalization about topic of which, you presumably have no direct knowledge?

Ok right.

You are clearly completely reading it exactly how you want to interpret it and picking... I am speaking from personal experience AS I STATED, so your presumptions are completely false... nothing that I said at all was sweeping... never ever did I say ALL and I caveated my statements with "from my personal experience" or "from my perspective," so you have no grounds nor any argument to alter what I have IN FACT experienced or seen. So I have no desire to validate you, as it seems you are begging for, be specifically explaining those experiences :-)...
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Hmm - seems like it lately
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it is. Just about any site with a messaging system will have that happen.
    I say, if people meet up, that's great. If people can exchange compliments and boost self-esteems, awesome.
    Most (if not all) of us are here because we want to feel good about ourselves.

yep, this here. she said it well.
  • bcoop911
    Options
    She didn't quote you, so it is POSSIBLE that she wasn't directing her comments to you specifically.

And from your initial targeted comment... that was the lead your abrasiveness. She didn't quote, but DID confirm it was a response to my message. You just are the type you digs for conflict. I wonder how home life is... Probably the type that explodes over shoes left out just for the sheer sake of fighting haha... or the fight over a clearly misinterpreted statement... Husband: "Hey have you looked at the cupboard lately?" You: "what are you saying that I should be making food and always be in the kitchen?" Husband: "no, it is just crooked... :-/" You: "Oh so now you think I broke it so it is crooked by slamming the door?" Husband: "no, I was just asking if you noticed it" You: "so now you are saying woman aren't observant and don't notice things??" etc.... you love to read between the lines and things that are already clear...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    But you do feel the need to make broad, sweeping generalization about topic of which, you presumably have no direct knowledge?

Ok right.

You are clearly completely reading it exactly how you want to interpret it and picking... I am speaking from personal experience AS I STATED, so your presumptions are completely false... nothing that I said at all was sweeping... never ever did I say ALL and I caveated my statements with "from my personal experience" or "from my perspective," so you have no grounds nor any argument to alter what I have IN FACT experienced or seen. So I have no desire to validate you, as it seems you are begging for, be specifically explaining those experiences :-)...

In lieu of trying to make sense of that...

tumblr_lld266WouQ1qjc1a7o1_500.gif
  • rachelc677
    rachelc677 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've met 2 different people on here who have met their husband/wife on MFP and who are now married!
  • Sourdiesel79
    Sourdiesel79 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    oh my oh my oh my!!! i wish i could see some of these pms....i think they might make me blush :blushing:

Careful what you wish for....!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    She didn't quote you, so it is POSSIBLE that she wasn't directing her comments to you specifically.

And from your initial targeted comment... that was the lead your abrasiveness. She didn't quote, but DID confirm it was a response to my message. You just are the type you digs for conflict. I wonder how home life is... Probably the type that explodes over shoes left out just for the sheer sake of fighting haha...

tumblr_lvc4jcRtsl1r317bvo1_500.gif
  • bcoop911
    Options

And from your initial targeted comment... that was the lead your abrasiveness. She didn't quote, but DID confirm it was a response to my message. You just are the type you digs for conflict. I wonder how home life is... Probably the type that explodes over shoes left out just for the sheer sake of fighting haha...

X

I can't even see what you posted so the affect is not there...

But I am sure it would have been "funny" if I could see it, but it probably is petty...
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options

tumblr_lvc4jcRtsl1r317bvo1_500.gif

because you is smart, you is kind, you is important
  • bcoop911
    Options

And from your initial targeted comment... that was the lead your abrasiveness. She didn't quote, but DID confirm it was a response to my message. You just are the type you digs for conflict. I wonder how home life is... Probably the type that explodes over shoes left out just for the sheer sake of fighting haha... or the fight over a clearly misinterpreted statement... Husband: "Hey have you looked at the cupboard lately?" You: "what are you saying that I should be making food and always be in the kitchen?" Husband: "no, it is just crooked... :-/" You: "Oh so now you think I broke it so it is crooked by slamming the door?" Husband: "no, I was just asking if you noticed it" You: "so now you are saying woman aren't observant and don't notice things??" etc.... you love to read between the lines and things that are already clear...

Courtesy repost; considering you had already replied prior to me editing it...
  • josiedahling
    Options
    ha ha I just went to Find members, searched for Males between x and y age, within 25 miles of my zip code and VOILA! it doesn't have their marital status or sexual preferences though. Most guys didn't have a pic up either. But I suppose you could use it as dating site if you want to! :heart:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Courtesy repost; considering you had already replied prior to me editing it...

tumblr_mcnu20ej181rjpp5no1_500.gif