Options

Replies

• iteachag
    Options
    Goal weight by april 250
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I am interested in the whole body workout that takes 30 minutes. Thanks :happy:

Me too please.

I have dug out some old video's - yes video's and will give them a go too. Your challenges sound quite difficult for a couch potato like me, but I'll give them a go and do as many as I can as often as I can - it can only do me some good right?? :bigsmile:

Good Luck everyone !

Viv - No 7 :smile:
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    I'd love to join!

1. Name: Alyssa
    2. Starting Weight: 165 lbs
    3. Goal Weight at the end of 90Days: 135 lbs
    4. Type of Work outs you do: I'm just starting out, but so far I've started 30 day shred, bike riding, and wii boxing. I also plan on starting couch to 5k tomorrow and hitting up the ellipticals when I get back to my gym (Jan. 10).
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week.
    8 sets of 15 Push ups 4 out of 7 days this week

Most of them sound great. The only thing I saw was these two - VERY tough if you haven't done these much. I'd suggest maybe 1) reduce the number of sets (4 each?) and/or 2) change '25/15' to something like 75%(?) of 'exhaustion' amount (max amount you can do in one set). For example, if most push-ups I can do without stopping is 8, then challenge would be to do 4/8 sets of 6 (75% of max) push-ups each. Just a suggestion :) Thanks for all of your work on these challenges!!!

I look at the challenge as just that a challenge. We are not required to do them at all. Since we are all at different levels and we know what we can and can not do I say leave the challenges as they are and we can adjust them to fit our personal fitness levels. For example I only did 33 minutes of the 45 min challenge for this week on one of my days. I do however think that is an awesome way for you to adjust that challenge to fit your needs! Keep up the good work! Just my two cents worth!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week.
    8 sets of 15 Push ups 4 out of 7 days this week

Most of them sound great. The only thing I saw was these two - VERY tough if you haven't done these much. I'd suggest maybe 1) reduce the number of sets (4 each?) and/or 2) change '25/15' to something like 75%(?) of 'exhaustion' amount (max amount you can do in one set). For example, if most push-ups I can do without stopping is 8, then challenge would be to do 4/8 sets of 6 (75% of max) push-ups each. Just a suggestion :) Thanks for all of your work on these challenges!!!

I look at the challenge as just that a challenge. We are not required to do them at all. Since we are all at different levels and we know what we can and can not do I say leave the challenges as they are and we can adjust them to fit our personal fitness levels. For example I only did 33 minutes of the 45 min challenge for this week on one of my days. I do however think that is an awesome way for you to adjust that challenge to fit your needs! Keep up the good work! Just my two cents worth!

I think that's a good way to look at it. Personally, I can't do push-ups at all. Not because they're too hard or anything (though they are quite difficult!), but because I can't do anything that bends my wrists at that angle, and I'm not strong enough to do them on my toes and I can't get down on my knees either because I have knee problems. I would have to substitute something else for push-ups, or just plain fail that week!!
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Would love to join!

1- Nicole
    2- SW 260
    3- Goal by April 1st is 230
    4- When I go to the gym I usually just do cardio.... treadmil and eliptical. At home I do 30 Day Shred, Wii Fit and go for walks.

Happy New Year everyone!!!
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sarah, pushups off the wall are actually pretty effective for beginners. Since you cannot bend your wrists you can do them from a closed fist (knuckles), which will keep your wrists straight. :flowerforyou:
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    1. LaToya
    2. 213.4 lbs
    3. 199.0
    4. Online dance and aerobics videos

Very Excited. Good luck everyone.
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Sarah, pushups off the wall are actually pretty effective for beginners. Since you cannot bend your wrists you can do them from a closed fist (knuckles), which will keep your wrists straight. :flowerforyou:

I never thought of that, I might have to try it! Thanks!! Usually if I'm doing a dvd and there are push ups I just sit that part out, I guess doing them against a wall like that would be a better choice!
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    hey allison, wasnt sure if we are suppost to message you our "challenge 1" progress or just log it on the forum..

Anyway I did a typical hour of cardio at the gym today(elliptical, stairs, bike), then walked my dog for the additional 45minutes of cardio!
    Challenge 1 is 1/3 of the way complete for me! yay!

how's everyone else doing? :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Did 45 minutes of cardio at the gym today. It's usually my off day, but I went anyways. 401 calories. :smile:
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    This actually would have been a rest day for me, but I completed a 40 minute aerobics/step dvd, and followed that up with playing Kinect sports with my kids for about 20 minutes or so. So I would say that week 1 day 1 is complete for me too!

I was wondering also if we were supposed to post progress here or message it at the end of the week.
  • aeleton
    aeleton Posts: 171
    Options
    Yes these challenges are just that... a challenge..... its ok if you dont complete it, but its worth giving it a shot you know. This is just a push over from your other workouts and for some this could be the only work out they do. i am excited for all of you that chose to do this challenge on your off day and bite the bullet and go ahead and do it. That is awesome. But if for some reason, you cannot do the challenge bc of an injury or what not, please let me know, and i will issue you a different challenge in its place.

You can post your challenge accomplishments here that is fine. I read this board from the last message I SEND so that i make sure i miss noones post. also, when i get all the weigh ins and challenge accomplishments, if for some reason i am missing some one, i will post on here, as well as a private message to get the info.
  • aeleton
    Options
    Welcome Alyssa, Nicole and Latoya!!! Good Luck, your reference numbers are:

Alyssa----56
    Nicole---57
    Latoya----58
  • FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? If not, here's my info :)

Name: Sara
    Starting weight: 141.6lbs
    Goal weight for 4/1/2011: 113lbs
    Exercises: Running, 30 day shred and p90x classic

I did 30 day shred already today but will make sure to do my extra 45 mins of cardio before going to bed! Super excited!
  • aeleton
    Options
    Welcome Sara!!! You are in. Good Luck. Your reference number is 59.

**Only 2 Hours left to join the 90 Day Challenge. This weeks challenge is to Ger 45 Minutes of Cardio at least 3 out of 7 days this week. If you are already in a workout plan, make sure this is an additional workout. If you need a workout, please let me know. I have a 30 min workout setup. No weights or machines Needed!!
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    Day 1: Started Couch to 5k
    increased my daily work out time from 30 mins to 90 mins!

My workout plan is to get in at least 30 mins 5 days a week, so at first I was intimidated by more than doubling my workout for 3 out of those 5 days, but then I realized that it wouldn't be a challenge if my only plan was to keep up with my original workout goals! I decided to stop thinking negatively and realize that I CAN do it! I'm really looking forward to the rest of this challenge! :)
  • dvanrose
    dvanrose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in - the last challenge I did was very motivating for me!

Starting weight - 180
    Current weight - 152
    Goal weight - 135 by April 1

Workouts - running, free weights, Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred dvd, other fitness dvds
  • dvanrose
    dvanrose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    And my first name is Deanne - sorry I forgot to introduce myself on the last post.
  • aeleton
    Options
    Welcome Deanne!!! Good Luck. Your reference Number is 60.

When Logging Weight and Challenge Accomplishments, please include your reference number so that its easy for me to go straight to your name. We now have 60 challengers!!! WTG!!!!! Good Luck to ALL!!!!