Do you get hit on?

Options

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Define "get hit on".

I get the occasional glance and some of the girls I meet are very friendly, but it's been a fairly long time since the last time a girl clearly and unambiguously came on to me. Feels bad.

A gay dude tried to pick me up on the street once. Was weird.
    Yes. I tend to ignore/snap on them.
    I must have an approachable face... But I'm a total beyotch if they try harder. See just approachable I am THEN.
    Oh heavenly blessed beauty whose inner beauty is simply diving and everlasting...

I get hit on by gay dudes regularly because of the areas I live and work. Smile. Take it as a compliment. Move on. Hell, laugh, tell them that you're flattered but that's not your thing. I think some ladies could learn something from that too, but class isn't common
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Apparently I do get hit on, but don't realize it. Friends will tell me after the fact that some guy was hitting on me and I'm just mystified. I'm clueless when it's actually going on. I always think they're just being friendly or polite.
  • Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    No. 55 year old grandpas aren't exactly high on anyones "hit on" list.

I found (and still yet find) myself quite attracted to a 50-something year old man as of late. He's got a passion and a fire to him, and he exuded a really sexy energy. In other words; I saw something I hadn't seen before. I saw a confident, beautiful, happy man with energy and fire- and he wore his generous heart on his sleeve.
    The southern accent and manners were a plus, as well.

Men my age lack the incredible magnetic pull that this man had. Don't count yourself out because of your age, this guy won me without even trying. I'm a 26 year old.
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options
    Apparently I do get hit on, but don't realize it. Friends will tell me after the fact that some guy was hitting on me and I'm just mystified. I'm clueless when it's actually going on. I always think they're just being friendly or polite.

^That! My Mother calls me oblivious.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Define "get hit on".

I get the occasional glance and some of the girls I meet are very friendly, but it's been a fairly long time since the last time a girl clearly and unambiguously came on to me. Feels bad.

A gay dude tried to pick me up on the street once. Was weird.
    Yes. I tend to ignore/snap on them.
    I must have an approachable face... But I'm a total beyotch if they try harder. See just approachable I am THEN.
    Oh heavenly blessed beauty whose inner beauty is simply diving and everlasting...

I get hit on by gay dudes regularly because of the areas I live and work. Smile. Take it as a compliment. Move on. Hell, laugh, tell them that you're flattered but that's not your thing. I think some ladies could learn something from that too, but class isn't common

I say thank you and that I am flattered, but that I am married. I still feel bad because some guys seem really uncomfortable when that happens.

Except sometimes when guys shout out at me, and I ignore them because I don't think they are talking to me, then they yell an insult at me.
  • ThinkInOregon
    ThinkInOregon Posts: 283
    Options
    What you feel, people feel.

Then everyone here has DOMS! Sucks to be you guys.

DOMS??
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

DOMS??

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness from lifting weights. (I feel silly if this wasn't a serious question)
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I never get hit on. :(
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Yeah Right =-P
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

DOMS??

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness from lifting weights. (I feel silly if this wasn't a serious question)

Dirty Old Man Syndrome?
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options
    javascript:add_smiley('devil','post_body')
    This is interesting. There are so many pretty girls on here and yall arent getting hit on by the opposite sex? Im Not as pretty as a lot of the women on here but even though i am married i still get hit on quite a bit.

Its probably about attitude. The way you present yourself. I try to preset myself in a positive and clean fashion.

making mental note to shower more

Lucky for you I just cleaned MY shower! :wink:
    I really did clean my shower... but I like men... so. :ohwell:
  • ThinkInOregon
    ThinkInOregon Posts: 283
    Options

DOMS??

Thank you, yes serious. All I could think of was the 'other' type of DOM's :bigsmile:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Everyone hits on me. It's kind of embarrassing how they throw themselves at me, really.

0.jpg
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Nope, not ever. Perhaps my Resting B*tch Face keeps them away.

I have heard of this. I have been told a time or two that I look like the "don't F with me" type. :laugh:

Unfortunately, I have the opposite problem. Somehow my look, demeanor, or whatever gives off the message of "Please come F with me and ramble on about things I don't care about. The crazier you are, the better." I am not happy about this. I need to start frowning more or something. lol.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options

Me either.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    okay now that we've all got all our funnies out, i'm a little concerned that OP even thinks about this? is it normal to need male validation this much? enough to bring it up to husband and compare oneself to friends. once already in a secure marriage? just wondering, not trying to be mean.

Lighten up. She isn't saying she wants to stray from her marriage. It is flattering to be admired. And just because a person is in a committed relationship, it doesn't mean it's no longer flattering.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know what to do if someone started hitting on me
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options
    Everyone hits on me. It's kind of embarrassing how they throw themselves at me, really.

0.jpg

Hey... I just cleaned my shower... :blushing:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    You're from South Carolina and you don't dress like a country girl all the time? No wonder you don't get hit on. Country boys don't want no city girl. Pull yourself together.
    Please.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

DOMS??

Thank you, yes serious. All I could think of was the 'other' type of DOM's :bigsmile:

Yeah, I suspected that was what you were thinking.