Walking Challenge: Back to the Basics

Options
I thought January would be a good time to start a walking challenge. If your just starting, or maybe your like me, and need to get back on track, walking is always a good way to start. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long.

You can make a ticker and keep it in your signature to remind you of your goal, and show everyone how well your doing. Go to this website.

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=8

Pick out your ticker pictures, set your miles, and your goal. Then copy all of the bbCode into your signature. :) It will look like this (but in your ticker...like mine) You use the url (from the bbCode) to update your ticker everyday, just remember your pin.

Example of Tracking Miles - 1 mile everyday

exercise.png

Example of tracking Minutes - 1 hour everyday

exercise.png

I'll try to keep track and put together a tally once a week, but sometimes I get busy with work. So if anyone else is up for the task, your more than welcome to take it. LOL

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge. Your also welcome to add me as a friend, or I'll probably add you. :)

Replies

• Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll give this a shot. Not sure how well I'm going to do once school starts, so I'm going to aim for a mile every other day..... so 15 miles for this month. Hope I smash that!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Ya, I decided to start small too. Last time I tried this, I tried to do to much at once...and totally messed up the whole thing. lol
  • kRpRpLgRl
    kRpRpLgRl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think this sounds great to start off the new year. I have really been slacking in exercise and this will get me moving again. I am in on this.

Kim
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I'd like to join this January challenge - jusr what i'd committed to do but now I can have some friends to journey with!! Hurray!!
    Started this morning : 25min 1.25 miles done on the treadmill!! This is exactly what i need to get back on track.
    Looking forward to getting to know you all on this journey!!

Go Us!

Janet:heart:
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Me too please!

I did 2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning!

Mandy xx
  • kRpRpLgRl
    kRpRpLgRl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Okay, this seemed to get me motivated. I did 2.95 miles at the track this afternoon. It was cold but it felt good.

Kim
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I'm definately in. I'd like to walk 50 miles this month. I've done 4 so far. Thanks!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Awesome everyone :)
  • mnmorneau
    Options
    Is it to late to join in? I am new to mfp. I joined like a week before Christmas(What Was I Thinking!!!!!!!) I have had a terrible time but am determined to get some weight off. I love to walk and would like to join your challenge. May be slow this week as my daughter is home from grad school and I spend every moment possible with her but will try to be a "good girl"and get some walking in. Marlene oops now I have to try and build a tracker
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Is it to late to join in? I am new to mfp. I joined like a week before Christmas(What Was I Thinking!!!!!!!) I have had a terrible time but am determined to get some weight off. I love to walk and would like to join your challenge. May be slow this week as my daughter is home from grad school and I spend every moment possible with her but will try to be a "good girl"and get some walking in. Marlene oops now I have to try and build a tracker

Nope, your not to late to join. Glad to see you. :)
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    I am in for sure. Seems like the Xmas season did me in - ate too much and slacked off in the exercise department. I did set a goal of walking 50 miles for Dec and I didn't make it....I only did 18 miles for the whole month.

This month I will do 60 miles. I can do this. I can walk 2 miles a day. I know I can.

Lets do this!!!!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well.
  • atampa
    atampa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Im in! but i can't walk so fast cause im currently getting physical therapy for my back but im going to give it a try!
  • Risa1955
    Options
    I would like to join in. I need to get back to walking.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Everyone! I did 4.5 miles this morning!
  • ababygrace
    Options
    I am up for the challenge. I aim at walking 30 miles in January and increasing it each month. I am excited to get my ticker moving.
  • bbgirl
    bbgirl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Its greats to see so many people joining. :) I figured miles and time would be good. Because even if you don't go very far, walking even 20 min a day is better than nothing!

Can't wait to see how we do this month.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Well I was playing 'soccer' with my dog last night, she tripped me and I landed on my knee on the hard cement. Needless to say my knee is all swollen, bruised, and very painful to walk on. No miles in yet, and I probably won't start on it for a couple days (hope my knee will feel better by then). Definately will have almost 2 miles by sunday though, thanks to my birthday party hike that I'll be doing. hehe

Everyone looks like they are rocking so far... keep it up!
  • brasslady1
    Options
    Would love to join this group.....feel like it would really motivate me to do this everyday...