24 Hours Challenge! JOIN ME!!

Options
I wanted to start a challenge that would help me stay motivated to exercise REGULARLY!

So, I thought that when I typically go to the gym, I generally do at least 1 hour of exercise. (by doing a class or treadmill work plus weights work)

So...then I thought there are 31 days in January, and then If I went at least 24 days of 31 that's pretty good, and I would give myself a few off days....

Sooo.... for those of you who need a boost....

The challenge is to Acquire 24 hours of exercise within the month of January. We can post everyday if you want to update what you did for that day and keep a running tally of your total exercise for the month! Hope that sounds good ! Join me if you like!

Replies

• bikergirl10
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea!!!

Where do we go, or track?
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Count me in, now does this include just workout or all forms of workout. I just spent an 1:15 minutes walking with my mom this morning and 20 minutes aerobics in front of the TV.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea!!!

Where do we go, or track?

Just come back here and log what you do each day! We will just keep this thread. Hope we see some great results. I'm hoping that by the end of the month I have a new exercise routine! :0)
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great challenge. I'm in as well.

Today I did 25 minutes of intense weight work.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better and encouraging each other. I know we can do it. :happy:
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    great idea!
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Count me in, now does this include just workout or all forms of workout. I just spent an 1:15 minutes walking with my mom this morning and 20 minutes aerobics in front of the TV.

Whatever you want to count! It's all individual. I'm just making an individual goal to try and do any exercises. (minus daily stuff like cleaning, walking during grocery shopping etc... )

Just whatever works for you !

It's all personal goals.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I think this is a fantastic idea for a challenge! If I wasn't signed up for so many challenges already I'd join in too. Good luck to you all, if your going to do a Feb one I'll join you then.
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    I think this is a fantastic idea for a challenge! If I wasn't signed up for so many challenges already I'd join in too. Good luck to you all, if your going to do a Feb one I'll join you then.

Thanks for the well wishes! If this one goes well then we may continue next month! :0)
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Count me in ....
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    You have motivated and supported me sooo much, I'll be glad to do this with you Posh.
  • Shel2Peru
    Shel2Peru Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    so the challenge is 24 hours for the month of Jan...........sounds doable...........I'm in and I'll grab hubby kicking and screaming....JK......he's in too!
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Great!! I'm sooo excited everyone!! PLEASE kick my BOOTY when I'm slacking!!! I'm gonna need it!!! Ok...off to get started !! !
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    you are truly inspiring me! what great creative and motivating ideas! I'm in!:flowerforyou:
  • brownsugar84
    brownsugar84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! :)
  • klwa
    klwa Posts: 61
    Options
    Fits right in with my goals. i'm in!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! :) I'm in!

Jan. 1: 121 minutes (Biggest Loser Wii workout and dancing around kitchen like an idiot) - 1369 calories burned

Total: 2.016 hours (121 out of 1440)
  • ksyrnyk
    ksyrnyk Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in...are you starting from January 1, as I did a 45 minute treadmill yesterday. I'm off to do a workout right now.
    Thanks for setting up this motivataional, great idea!
    Ksyrnyk (Kathy)
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this. I'm still recovering from a recent injury but I can still do some forms of exercise. I'm looking forward to getting back into it. I always feel better after a great workout! :)
  • ChantelleSlight
    Options
    I am in too. It sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to keep motivated. When are we starting from?? Kind Regards, Chantelle
  • lynnekscott
    Options
    I'm in- as a recent memeber to MFP and finally getting up the willpower to actually diet and try to control my weight rather than eat a box of chocolates in consolation of not being my ideal weight this sounds like just the plan I need!!:wink: