Do you get hit on?

Replies

• CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    No that often, ladies arent as forthcoming in Aussie as other parts of the world.
    :ohwell:

I don't have to flirt. I will seduce you with my American awkwardness.

mmm I like the sound of that.

Ya know I only live across the ditch :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    I sense a cry for attention somewhere here..
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member

I sense a guy that doesn't know women somewhere here.
  • arcana7609
    arcana7609 Posts: 212 Member
    Maybe you don't go to the right sort of places to get hit on. When I am going about my daily routine no one ever bothers me. I don't go to bars, but I was my niece's maid of honor and at her bachelorette party I was groped by a stranger at the strip bar we went to and on the street this man followed us and asked me for my phone number and advised me that he had a job and a car. I advised him I had a man and he sadly walked away.

The same night we also went to a bar and some guy looked at me and said ERGGMERRRG FATTIES LET'S GET OUT OF HERE.
    There is no predicting who is going to find you attractive and who isn't.

Just remember your worth as a human being isn't measured by how much other people find you attractive.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    :love:
  • I sense a cry for attention somewhere here..

I sense a guy that doesn't know women somewhere here.

Haha
  • Apple31415
    Apple31415 Posts: 98 Member
    Never get hit on either. Years of teaching and coaching girls basketball i give off a harmless and non threatening vibe. Chicks dig the bad boys and that's definitely not me. Besides my wife is a stunner and pretty intimidating i guess.
  • Never. :(
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Almost never. But I don't care 'cause I'm not lookin' anyway.
  • This content has been removed.
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    that's a easy answer... nope. never. lmao
  • Nuccia2012
    Nuccia2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Honestly, most of the time, I'm completely oblivious. Which is a shame, because I like to think I'm pretty approachable, and I love to chat up new people. =)
  • Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    No that often, ladies arent as forthcoming in Aussie as other parts of the world.
    :ohwell:

I don't have to flirt. I will seduce you with my American awkwardness.

mmm I like the sound of that.

**cue awkward silence and huge, cheesy grin**
    Hiiiiiiiii.

Oh God I wish I was kidding. Lol.
  • Never once.
  • Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member

Perhaps an echo of your own?
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Ihatecoldsoup Posts: 186
    I think I do...I am not sure, honestly. My friends tell me I get looks, but I don't notice.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    I don't get hit on....EVER. At least not in the last two decades. I guess the "hitability" factor has a shelf life and mine has expired.
  • My kids and my friends tell me I do but I don't see it.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    I'm sure there are women who don't even know they are being hit upon. There are also women who, if a guy says hello, THINK he is hitting on them. I quit talking to women I don't know a long time ago to avoid the confusion.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    I don't get hit on....EVER. At least not in the last two decades. I guess the "hitability" factor has a shelf life and mine has expired.

Id say the same, but the male barista who gave me free stuff at Starbucks. I think he liked me. :blushing:
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    No. And that includes women, men and certain other mammalians.
  • jvnewberry
    jvnewberry Posts: 81 Member
    Yes. It's very flattering for a man of my years.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    I get hit on sometimes. I guess around 4 or 5 times a year. I don't think that's bad considering I never go out without my partner.
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Just had this conversation with a friend...
    I can't seem to tell the difference between a guy being friendly, and a guy being flirty. Unless it's blatant (like the guy that holla'd at me from across the Panera parking lot...).
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Sometimes I blatantly see it, other times, my son tells me I'm getting hit on by whomever and I'm like: naaahhhhh and he's like: um Yes you are mom! then I grin and maybe flirt back to have some fun... depending on the guy I might just say: ewwwwww..... LOL!!!

one time we were out with his friend, his friend's dad (visiting from another state) happened to join us and we were chatting. when my son and I were alone after, I asked him: was Anthony's dad flirting with me? and my son was like: well DUH wasn't it obvious?!?!? I wasn't totally sure but maybe thought so.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    Oh yes, my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ011kOGb9mj0_iWJuI1ai6bAbVMNaDoqMPt3bTFpagRlWq3kdxIg

Edited to add this tasty gem ^
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    All the time, at least once/week! And it sucks... because I have been married 20 years. (They were never around when I was single)
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    I'm sure there are women who don't even know they are being hit upon. There are also women who, if a guy says hello, THINK he is hitting on them. I quit talking to women I don't know a long time ago to avoid the confusion.

This. Totally true. I never notice if I get looks or whatever but I'm told I do once in a while. I agree there are people that ALWAYS think they are being hit on and in reality...they are probably only right a small portion of the time. Most girls that wear fake engagement rings I would put in this category.
  • lmmathis86
    lmmathis86 Posts: 223 Member
    I dont anymore but i also dont go out...But I think its because when you reach a certian age group people dont walk up to you and try to pick you up. It's not that your not being found attractive it's that people do grow up and act like aldults at some point in time! If i'am at the store I dont expect to have some guy approch me and try to pick me up, if i'm at a club I dont expect it...but I could see where it would be more likely to be given a smile...or asked to dance. Idk I could be wrong on this too.
  • Chloe0602
    Chloe0602 Posts: 93 Member
    I don't think I do, honestly. I have social anxiety, so I steer clear of people anyways, lol.