Women... Do's n Don'ts of men approaching you!

Options

Replies

• bigbarnold
    bigbarnold Posts: 2,554 Member
    Options
    I was always curious, if you really like someone and want more than a one night stand with them, what do you do when they try to lead you down that path of KIK and sexting? Do you ignore it and divert the conversation, or do you reply and come across as easy lol

Why should it not? Sexual attraction and intimacy are a natural part of relationships. If that is all it is, then there is an issue. But excluding it completely will make them move on most of the time.

Well I think you can flirt and have a good time to show interest to keep their level of interest. But banging or sexting on the first go round is going to get her no where long term.

I'm not saying you should wait until marriage but at least the guy needs to be emotional vested in her to want a relationship.

Thats what I mean... I am going through a divorce currently so I have been off the market for like 5 years and with him it was never like that we waited a long time. But now that I am trying to date it seems like every guy is perverse and within the first ten min of meeting me or texting me they try to get me to send pics, sext, and stuff and im like seriously wtf. is it socially acceptable now or something, that people just skip right over the hole dating stage and exciting mental 4play and go straight to the nitty gritty. I probably didnt word this correctly but hopefully you understand what i am getting at
    A lot of guys won't agree with this, but anyway.. I honestly do not want to date a girl that wants to "go to fast". I want to get to know her likes, wants, goals, and who she is as a person (which takes more than a few dates!). I want to have built strong feelings for that person and want to start a relationship before I get to the "nitty gritty". This is the difference between a man and a boy!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Should I do a men's version? LOL
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I have a sleeve on my left arm. And honestly... it's pretty friggin' outstanding. It is a major turn off when men with horrendously bad tattoos want to talk shop with me. Blech.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    I have a sleeve on my left arm. And honestly... it's pretty friggin' outstanding. It is a major turn off when men with horrendously bad tattoos want to talk shop with me. Blech.
    So, ink offends you..?
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Worst: Anything instantly regarding my *kitten* or breasts or immediately asking me if I'm single. (you'd be shocked how often that actually happens).
    Best: Opening up with humor or kindness. Extra points for sarcasm.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Worst: I'm sick of white girls. I've always wanted to try a black/mixed girl.
    (You wouldn't believe the number of times this happens. It's disturbing)

Best: Approach me like a human and not a piece of meat. "Hello, my name is ______. I wanted to introduce myself when I saw you across the room. How are you?"

^This! I get this often, and it is extremely insulting.

If I ever heard someone say that to any of my friends, I'm pretty sure I'd go to jail for punching someone... hard.

How horrible.
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    The worst was at Publix a few weeks ago...screaming at me across the parking lot.

"DANG GIRL YOU GOTTA BOYFRIEND"

"YES"

"YOU ALLOWED TO HAVE A FRIEND THOUGH RIGHT KNOW WHAT IM' SAYING"

Just avoid that.

My boyfriend went about it the right way- just talking to me and making jokes, being my friend for a while before we started being more than that. :3
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I prefer younger guys so I tend to approach them :devil:

I like this!
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Do: Be polite.
    Don't: Try too hard.
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    Just be yourself i guess... unless yourself is a pervert.
  • love_faithfulness
    Options
    Don't try to impress. It will most likely backfire and come off as pompous
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Say hi, have a normal conversation, ya know, like with a human being? Buy me a coffee if I engage well, if I like you I will say yes, if I don't I will say no.

Don't talk about how much you love my hair straight up, I have heard it a gazillion times (maybe say it later so I know you like it though lol).
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Don't say "What up ma?"...I don't have any children, I'm not your mother.

"You looking good in those pants."....yes, I know I look good in my pant, thanks for noticing, not that I care.

"Yo big booty!"....need I say more about why you should not approach a lady with this line?

Please don't try to flex your muscles, don't tell me about the car you drive or the POTENTIAL job you HOPE to have in a few weeks. Please just relax, and let it flow.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Your dress is adorable.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

Your dress is adorable.
    Says he, as he's trying to find the openings in attempts to remove it.
  • wheird
    Options

Your dress is adorable.
    Says he, as he's trying to find the openings in attempts to remove it.

1. Why open it when you can hike it up.
    2. You know me better than that.
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oh me me me I have one.... I was at the gas station pumping gas and this guy looks at me and says I don't want to scare you when I start my truck because the engine makes it really loud. (looks at his truck that probably is compensating for other things. try's to talk further. Me: I know my boyfriends truck does the same thing......
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Talk to my face, not my boobs.
  • wheird
    Options
    Again, when boobs are the best part of your personality, guys can't help it.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    be creative!

You have one shot so leave a long lasting impression ;)

We love intelligence, individualism and most of all a sense of humour ;)

:flowerforyou: