Women... Do's n Don'ts of men approaching you!

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    hUVmhZ5.jpg

In all seriousness, you guys can't be that freaking clueless about how to talk to a woman. Be confident, be polite (truly, y'all have no idea how much you will stand out just by exhibiting proper manners), don't be a pervert (in your manner of speech or your demeanor), and don't be an *kitten* if she is not into you. Take it like a man and walk away. That pretty much covers it.
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The very best tip is to imagine a man doing to you whatever you're doing to the person you're trying to ask out.

"Would you like to go for a coffee sometime?" would probably be best. And if they say no, just shrug it off and move on.

The "no"s are mainly clear: no yelling, whispering or touching, because it's scary. Imagine a man doing to you whatever you're doing to her, that should let you know about the creepy factor.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    buy me a drink - lots of em!
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    [quote

Worst: Any variation on "Hey, girl/baby/woman." And elevator eyes. Sleazy.
    [/quote]
    This
  • smushymushy85
    Options
    For me I do not really like being approached at all .. it is rude ... you see someone on the bus headphones in .. that is not body language for " hey come talk to me " ... I dont mind being approached if im at a dog park or something and the person has something more intelligent to say than hey baby can I getcho numbahhh
    but for the most part im out clearly im busy go away
    (Unless you look like chris evans in which case please come say hi)
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    for me.. its simple , a smile and keep eye contact

a big no - cheesy chat up lines
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Worst: I'm sick of white girls. I've always wanted to try a black/mixed girl.
    (You wouldn't believe the number of times this happens. It's disturbing)

Best: Approach me like a human and not a piece of meat. "Hello, my name is ______. I wanted to introduce myself when I saw you across the room. How are you?"
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Best: make an obscure reference to a funny movie I like. Instant inside joke sort of thing. Geeky humor.

Worst: Any variation on "Hey, girl/baby/woman." And elevator eyes. Sleazy.

I totally agree. Shared interests and humor go a long way.
  • Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Me showing up to work after my morning dose of caffeine

Me showing up to work after having forgotten to purchase more coffee.....

Caffeinated- sunrise in the Tetons.
    NOT Caffeinated- that volcano in Yellowstone going off.
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options
    BEEEEEEEEEEEEP!! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!

Ima jeep?
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options
    Depends on the woman, an AK would work for me cause I have never shot one. Although, be careful... they scream 'not American made' like the AR-15 is widely accepted to be. Proper firearms safety and etiquette is hot, so make the beverage virgin!

And wear that smile, that always helps!

Clearly you didn't grow up where I did.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Making fun of/teasing a girl is the WORST way to start up a conversation. Yeah it breaks the ice, but at the cost of the dude looking like an all-out douche.

I was filling up a a gas station, and some guy approached me and the first thing out of his mouth was "Were you like, lost? Hehehe, I noticed you looked confused driving in, and you circled around once before parking. Been driving long?"

It was clear this was an attempt at being funny. After :huh:ing him, he didn't take the hint, and proceeded to ask me out, and then demanded a reason as to why I sad no!!

I was like, buddy, how much time ya got?!? Complete idiot.
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options
    Um, your misandry is disgusting. You are lumping all men together as simple minded, sex driven creatures who need to be metered.

This is what happens when you make stupid choices in men.

^That.
    I'm all for waiting until your feel comfortable before you go there, but any man worth dating has matured past the stage in which the excuse that his little head does the thinking for him is an acceptable out to him. If you ask a man in an unhealthy relationship with their partner when the first time they had sex was you'll either get the exact date, or arrogant disregard. If you ask a man in a healthy relationship you'll either get confusion or quiet sidestepping of the question. Why? Because it's not relevant.
    At least that's my experience.
  • ThinkInOregon
    ThinkInOregon Posts: 283
    Options
    Depends on the woman, an AK would work for me cause I have never shot one. Although, be careful... they scream 'not American made' like the AR-15 is widely accepted to be. Proper firearms safety and etiquette is hot, so make the beverage virgin!

Obviously not. Oregon has rather liberal gun laws, but the major preference here for long guns seems to be the AR-15, and a variety of hunting rifles. And a good shotgun. I don't know a single person with an AK, but then again... I don't know everyone in Oregon. Not opposed to one, just not buying something I have never fired.

I saw plenty of stupid *kitten* growing up with drunken idiots and firearms. They don't mix.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Don't pinch my bum!
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options

Obviously not. Oregon has rather liberal gun laws, but the major preference here for long guns seems to be the AR-15, and a variety of hunting rifles. And a good shotgun. I don't know a single person with an AK, but then again... I don't know everyone in Oregon. Not opposed to one, just not buying something I have never fired.

I saw plenty of stupid *kitten* growing up with drunken idiots and firearms. They don't mix.

You can have a drink without getting drunk- and if you can't then you have bigger problems. I got 100% on that 104 question Hunters Safety test when I was 12. I grew up in Montana, which speaks for its self. I'm not saying I throw back a 5th and go shoot *kitten*, but a beer and target practice can fix a lot of things in life.
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options
    Making fun of/teasing a girl is the WORST way to start up a conversation. Yeah it breaks the ice, but at the cost of the dude looking like an all-out douche.

I was filling up a a gas station, and some guy approached me and the first thing out of his mouth was "Were you like, lost? Hehehe, I noticed you looked confused driving in, and you circled around once before parking. Been driving long?"

It was clear this was an attempt at being funny. After :huh:ing him, he didn't take the hint, and proceeded to ask me out, and then demanded a reason as to why I sad no!!

I was like, buddy, how much time ya got?!? Complete idiot.

Nothing like being picked on by someone that's trying to impress you. Lol.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Best: Approach me like a human and not a piece of meat. "Hello, my name is ______. I wanted to introduce myself when I saw you across the room. How are you?"

^This! I get this often, and it is extremely insulting.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options

^This! I get this often, and it is extremely insulting.

It's insulting on many levels.