Women... Do's n Don'ts of men approaching you!

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I'm actually the worst at approaching women. I'm really polite but I'm awful at making conversation. The best I have is a polite "Hello, how are you doing today?" and then it is awkward silence from there.
    That's when you should play the stare game. If you can get a giggle out of her, you're in.

I'm not nearly charming and good looking enough to pull that off. I'd end up maced or a stranger would intervene on her behalf.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I'm actually the worst at approaching women. I'm really polite but I'm awful at making conversation. The best I have is a polite "Hello, how are you doing today?" and then it is awkward silence from there.
    That's when you should play the stare game. If you can get a giggle out of her, you're in.

I'm not nearly charming and good looking enough to pull that off. I'd end up maced or a stranger would intervene on her behalf.
    :huh:
  • melsayshello
    melsayshello Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    LOVE: I am a big nerd! So as long as you have a nerdy pickup line.. youve already swept me off my feet lmao.
    Worst : when they say DAYUMM or any deuche like things (idk if i spelled tht right lol)
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Best: make eye contact but not creepy, starey eyes
    Worst: have a conversation with my breasts

Unless he's hot...then he can talk to them all he wants...wait, wat?

But what if your boobs are the most interesting part of your personality?

They're not. Take my.word for it ;)
  • vasairiah
    vasairiah Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    Worst: honking a car horn or yelling "hey!" from afar. :noway:
    Agreed. Not only is it rude, but very irritating.

Had a guy pick me up for a date one time at my house and he honked the horn to try to get me to come outside, instead of walking to the door.
    Also rude
    Should have made his *kitten* wait!! >.< lol

Agree, 100%. If someone is too lazy to walk to the damn door it's showing disrespect on so many levels. To you, it's saying your not worth the ten seconds it would take.. to your neighbors it's saying that there is an *kitten* parked outside. I wouldn't have come out and probably wouldn't have answered the door when they eventually came a'knockin
    Hahaha and that's exactly why I said to make him wait. Someone did that to my mother on a date, she asked me "is that him out there?" I told her "nah, just some *kitten*". Sure enough, he came knocking.

It's very rude, regardless of gender imho.
    If a woman does it to a man and she's picking him up, I still feel it would be rude to just honk.
    Take your time to be polite, unless you've both agreed beforehand (and are pressed for time) that x event is going to happen at x time down the timeline.

Hilarious. Actually I did make him wait. It took about 5 mins for him to realize that I wasn't coming outside to a Beep Beep. Date was very quick and I never returned his calls.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

seriously, does this ever work?
    Why, you going to go try it? :laugh:
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Agreed. Not only is it rude, but very irritating.

Had a guy pick me up for a date one time at my house and he honked the horn to try to get me to come outside, instead of walking to the door.
    Also rude
    Should have made his *kitten* wait!! >.< lol

Agree, 100%. If someone is too lazy to walk to the damn door it's showing disrespect on so many levels. To you, it's saying your not worth the ten seconds it would take.. to your neighbors it's saying that there is an *kitten* parked outside. I wouldn't have come out and probably wouldn't have answered the door when they eventually came a'knockin
    Hahaha and that's exactly why I said to make him wait. Someone did that to my mother on a date, she asked me "is that him out there?" I told her "nah, just some *kitten*". Sure enough, he came knocking.

It's very rude, regardless of gender imho.
    If a woman does it to a man and she's picking him up, I still feel it would be rude to just honk.
    Take your time to be polite, unless you've both agreed beforehand (and are pressed for time) that x event is going to happen at x time down the timeline.

Hilarious. Actually I did make him wait. It took about 5 mins for him to realize that I wasn't coming outside to a Beep Beep. Date was very quick and I never returned his calls.
    Good!! Totally not worth your time, that one! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Do..Be courteous to ladies

Don't..use profanity on me or I cuss back like a man.
    Don't..Get on my bad side,if want to be safe..because I can kick a§§

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • wheird
    Options
    LOVE: I am a big nerd! So as long as you have a nerdy pickup line.. youve already swept me off my feet lmao.
    Worst : when they say DAYUMM or any deuche like things (idk if i spelled tht right lol)

Hey girl, you just Wingardium Leviosa'd me off my feet and Lumos'd my life. My Patronus is you.
  • wheird
    Options

I cannot take the word of a girl on her knees.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

Hey girl, you just Wingardium Leviosa'd me off my feet and Lumos'd my life. My Patronus is you.
    Rofl...
    Expelliarmus out of here!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • wheird
    Options

Rofl...

Yours made no sense. It would be Depulso out of here. :angry:
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options

If men said to me "Hey! Big-chest lady", I will definitely walk to him, grab his shirt and throw him to the floor

Please show respect :bigsmile:
  • Sinisterly
    Options

Rofl...

Not if you just got disarmed :angry:
  • wheird
    Options

Rofl...

What on earth are you disarming?! I wasn't approaching her with a wand!
  • Sinisterly
    Options

Rofl...

Oh, guess you weren't very happy to see her. :grumble:
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    Taking so many notes from this thread. So apparently running a girl down with my car while she's jogging at night, honking repeatedly while shouting "What's up SugarPants?" is NOT the way to go about things. Who knew?
  • wheird
    Options

Rofl...

Excuse me while I Obliviate your faux pas from my memory.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

Rofl...

Excuse me while I Obliviate your faux pas from my memory.
    So much for no wand.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Rofl...

Engorgio!