30 Day Shred starting Tomorrow anyone want to join?

Options

Replies

• dirtydee666
    Options
    Thank you all for for giving advice and your experience. I really thought I might have done something wrong on day 1 because day 2 kicked my butt. Glad to know that day 2 and 3 are the worst! Now I can't wait to get day 3 out of the way. Haha!

Also on food, I am not sure if you are suppose to up your calories. I am just eating what I normally do when I am watching my calorie in take.

I feel the same way about my food intake. Earlier this year I started doing juice cleanses and eating clean as much as possible and so naturally i don't have an appetite for crazy amounts of food anymore and I've never really had a sweet tooth. I consume under 1000 calories a day and work out but I'm just not hungry for more since I rarely consume anything that isn't good for my body. I went to a dietician late last year and she told me that going by the standard 1200 cal minimum isn't for everyone and to just focus on the #1 rule of weight loss: less calories in than out.

I'm staying away from alcohol until I do the 30 day shred. That's my main caloric vice. I love wine and beer!
  • lparana
    lparana Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think I'll start it up again. I did it a few years ago and then moved on to other Jillian DVDs. I have a run scheduled for today and then plans afterward, but I'll start it tomorrow.

I think my DVD skips, though. That should be fun!
  • ksv3inks
    ksv3inks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Count me in! It can't be any worse than when I broke my arm doing p90x or had a weight fall on my head with Chalean, right?!! :)
  • dirtydee666
    Options
    Day 4 of running 1 mile and 30DS done! It's about 90 out here in SoCal so I made sure to drink TONS of water throughout the morning in order to stay hydrated. 26 to go!

I feel amazing. I love my motivation!
  • JenFish1
    JenFish1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Started yesterday after falling behind because of vacation! I really do see a noticeable difference when I stick to it, looking forward to seeing that happen again over time again. I'll check back here for a kick in the butt anytime I'm thinking of skipping out!
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did 30 DS about last year and the year before that and had amazing results. Unfortuanly I discovered a hot chicken restaurant called Hattie B's and have been going there frequently and have gained a few pounds, especially in the mid-section. So I'm back on MFP officially as of today and will be starting 30 DS tomorrow.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • fitsfat
    fitsfat Posts: 2
    Options
    Im in. Started my first day with diet control and walking JM 3miles.
    :smile:
  • paulawatkins1974
    Options
    Can someone tell me how often you're supposed to do it? Is it every second day?
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    Ah the 30 day shred DVD that almost killed me last year. I'll start again tomorrow. It's a great workout. I just hate how sore I am for days after starting but I guess that just shows how out of shape I am.
  • abuendia90
    abuendia90 Posts: 63
    Options
    To those who were wondering where to purchase 30 DS, all three levels are on youtube :)
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 1st day at level 1. I take it you're supposed to do it everyday for 30 days but I know there will be a couple of days I won't be home and won't be able to get a workout in. I've had this DVD for a couple of years but today I did the workout for the first time. Are you supposed to do 30 days at each level or do you move to the next level if the one you're on becomes too easy?
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends also I will be starting today again lol I lose motivation and looking for those who really will commit or have committed to this workout I have a group we can start a new thread there feel free to join also add me

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/50118-jillian-michael-workouts
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Around new years they had the DVD near the checkout at Walgreen's, I guess for "resolution" purposes. They still might.
  • kd1575a
    kd1575a Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'd like to join! I was injured for about two weeks and will no longer be taking my body's strength for granted!
  • Spicer1
    Spicer1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

The plan is intended for every day. I find that to be a little too much, especially in the beginning, so I'm doing every other day with another form of lighter exercise on my off days.
  • paulawatkins1974
    Options

The plan is intended for every day. I find that to be a little too much, especially in the beginning, so I'm doing every other day with another form of lighter exercise on my off days.
    thanks!
  • nicolez1211
    Options
    Congrats to everyone for their desire to stick to this program! I have never done this all the way through but am really loving the results I am feeling and seeing in my body after just 8 days of workouts! For those wondering about how they should structure their workouts, I do believe it is intended for 30 days straight (10 days each level) since the workouts aren't crazy hard. But I am personally just working out Sunday-Friday so that I can have Saturday off. Just use your best judgment and try to get them in as frequently as you can so your motivation sticks. Okay, off to do day 9!
  • cizzawizza
    cizzawizza Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Please count me in, I started yesterday and have just completed day 2 level 1.

Good luck to everyone :smile: