National Bike Challenge 2014

Options
BigDog
BigDog Posts: 272 Member
Hi all,

The third year of the "National Bike Challenge" has begun today. So if you ride a bike even just a little you should get over there and register. It's a great way to motivate and participate in a national event that promotes and encourages health for both us and the environment. Here's the link to the challenge website: https://nationalbikechallenge.org/

Just sign up which will automatically put you in your local and state sponsors. Plus... Once you are joined up be sure to join the MFP team I started on there so we can see how good we do racking up the points! Once registered you can then search for a team to join (Just search for MFP) If it doesn't show up then here is the direct link to the team: https://nationalbikechallenge.org/team/5521

Once signed up all you need to do is go to website at least once a week and log your miles... Currently you can also sync with Mapmyride, Moves, and Endomondo apps which will then automatically log miles for you.

GET ON YOUR BIKES AND RIDE! :-)

Replies

• BigDog
    Options
    Bueller?
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    How do I search for your team (name?) on the national bike challenge website?
  • MsSerious
    MsSerious Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My first bike challenge group. Im in. Just signed up. I plan to ride my stationary bike.

this is me:
    https://nationalbikechallenge.org/rider/20758
  • Savlona
    Savlona Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks, have registered. Although as I live in the UK, not sure I can truly take part, but hey ho, I cycle.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Signed up already, will look for the MFP team now! Rainy today so was on the trainer, but expect to start tomorrow!
  • BigDog
    Options
    How do I search for your team (name?) on the national bike challenge website?

You should see a magnifying glass on the page. Might be about halfway down. When you click on that make sure you then "Deselect all" and then just select teams. That should get rid of all the other stuff that will come up. Just put MFP in the search box.

You can also just follow this link to the MFP Team profile: https://nationalbikechallenge.org/team/5521

Also... As a disclaimer. This team is in not officially associated with MFP website. It's just a public team I created.
  • BigDog
    Options
    HODOR!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this - I've been doing it since early April. And I just joined the MFP team but I noticed it has no members currently. I have problems with that site. I started using Endomondo just because they don't connect to Strava yet. I log in with that profile so it syncs my miles. But I can't load a picture for my profile and I've tried everything. I think their "help desk" is absimal.. I'm riding today.
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sounds cool! I've registered :)
  • StraubreyR
    Options
    I'm doing this - I've been doing it since early April. And I just joined the MFP team but I noticed it has no members currently. I have problems with that site. I started using Endomondo just because they don't connect to Strava yet. I log in with that profile so it syncs my miles. But I can't load a picture for my profile and I've tried everything. I think their "help desk" is absimal.. I'm riding today.

I can see 6 team members, and I can see that your ride today is logged, so it's working for me, anyhow.
  • LittleMy2014
    LittleMy2014 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks, have registered. Although as I live in the UK, not sure I can truly take part, but hey ho, I cycle.

Do you go on the SkyRide? There is one in most big UK cities and the dates have just been published for this year.
  • BigDog
    Options
    Thanks for joining in everyone... So far it looks like 7 riders in there, and two of them have already given team MFP 31 miles ridden. That's 71 points so far which currently ranks us at #234 Nationally!

Anyone else want to join? The more the merrier! :-)
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I've joined today and logged my 8 miles. This will be a great incentive for me to get back out on my bike.
  • StraubreyR
    Options
    Logged 16 miles today! Go Team MFP!
  • BigDog
    Options
    Doing great!

Got 10 riders and 4 of them have already racked up 55 miles and 135 points! That puts us at #167 in the national rankings. As this is only day two of the challenge and there will be many many more people joining up and starting teams the competition is going to get more crowded, but for now we are climbing fast!

See the team page here: https://nationalbikechallenge.org/team/5521

Come on MFP'ers with bicycles... Join up and ride! :-)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I signed up as well and joined. My name is TJ. Won't have any rides today though but have a 67 miler in the morning that I will contribute. Goal is 550 for the month.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Just joined. Planning to ride tomorrow, so this will be incentive to go a bit farther.
  • chelleb1974
    chelleb1974 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just joined as well. This sounds like fun! Currently I am trying to get out to ride 3-4 times a week (waiting for new helmet mirror parts to come in). Just signed up yesterday for my first Century ride being held in September, so I definitely will be racking up the miles sooner rather than later!

My name on the site is the same as here.

~Chelle
  • BigDog
    Options
    Awesome!

13 riders so far... 113 miles ridden and 273 points. That puts the MFP team up to #96 in the rankings so far. We're off to a great start and only half the team has logged any miles so far.

Come on MF pals... Let's get more people joined up and riding. :happy:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Just added my 68 miler from this morning! :)