food you ate and regretted after

Options
Yesterday I went to BGR (The Burger Joint). I hadn't eaten any breakfast, other than coffee, because I had a dentist appointment in the morning. I went to BGR in the afternoon and took my burger and fries to go. I went home and after eating my burger I immediately regretted it. The calories were exorbitant: 576 for my burger and over 450 calories for the fries (not much fries). I went for a walk to help add more calories left for dinner (lentil soup and one boneless/skinless chicken drum).

The one thing that makes me "fall off the wagon" in regards to dieting is the fact that I end up eating foods that I regret immediately afterwards. So, instead of doing better, I would normally just give up. I try not to do this, but having no regrets means having to plan ahead.

What food(s) have you eaten that has caused you anxiety/regret after entering in the calories?

Replies

• Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Ugh Mexican food. But, with that said, this is the 3rd time I've been using this site. Before I would stress about the food that went into my diary and more times than not I ended up not logging. This time though I have a different mindset (not really sure what changed, it just did) and now I log everything whether I go over or not. What makes me feel better is logging it all and knowing that I did it. I'm in this for life and there are going to be times when I overindulge or just flat out don't care (happened last night although it wasn't too terrible). I don't stress about it. I log it and start new the next day.

Just remember one meal isn't going to ruin your progress unless you make it a habit.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    That one thing I had that time that gave me food poisoning. Ugh, I regret eating that.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    milk chocolate.

every time I eat it I hate myself- it's disgusting.

I shouldn't waste the calories- I'd rather eat dark chocolate or ice cream.

Italian food- I am always feeling like meh after I eat it. I'm not sick- but I just feel very disappointed with it when I eat it- I'm still hungry and just never satisfied.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    4b4.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I still remember this even though it was last summer...but a plate of shrimp tacos from Chili's. I make similar spicy shrimp tacos at home for around 500-600 calories for the entire huge meal, and it wouldn't even be that high if I kept it to one flour tortilla instead of 2-3. So I ordered that and ate just one of the 3 tortillas...still like 940 calories I think...something crazy like that, and it wasn't even as good as my homemade tacos.

Also a slice of frozen Dutch apple pie my mom served at dinner one time - 400 calories or so, and it was not even that good! I could have had so many yummier things...ice cream, macarons, even a maple bar from the donut shop. WHY did I eat that!? I'll tell you why, because I assumed it was around like 275-300 calories and wanted to be nice. I learned my lesson there.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    4b4.jpg

Haha this, usually.

I only regret eating things that didn't taste good. Like if I got all excited about eating a piece of cake, and it was dry or otherwise awful, and eat it anyway to be polite. I'd regret that.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    4b4.jpg

Haha this, usually.

I only regret eating things that didn't taste good. Like if I got all excited about eating a piece of cake, and it was dry or otherwise awful, and eat it anyway to be polite. I'd regret that.

UGH that is seriously the worst!! Happened to me before at a wedding. They had cupcakes and they looked huge and ridiculously delicious, but turned out being dry and lacking on frosting :cry: I spent a large portion of my night at the bar sulking and contemplating the "what if's" after that.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Everything sweet for the last week. I'm so happy! I don't know if it's the intermittent fasting or trying to get all my vitamins and minerals every day or some combination of both, but I hope it lasts. In fact, I hope I get to the point where I can't even look at sweets without wanting to barf. I'm stubborn, though. I bought some more junk last night. Ate it. Didn't like it. Ate it this morning. Didn't like it. I think I'm finally starting to realize something is changing, though. Not wasting anymore money. If it isn't even going to taste good, why bother?
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Those shirataki noodles. It was like a big plate of worms. :sick:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    diets4.jpg

Just the other night ....... fried chicken and waffles (with hot sauce AND maple syrup)

So good, but so bad :laugh:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    typically things from resturants...very few resturants cook as good as I do...(I know I know no modesty here)

But really if I can make it better at home and order it in a resturant...and it's eh...I regret spending the money and the extra calories.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

O.M.G.

Just opening the bag killed me ..... hope to never be that desperately hungry :laugh:
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Hahaha! This is exactly what my sister said when I let her try some of mine. I think I'm one of the few people who really likes these. To the point where I got those big blocks of konnyaku to chop up into my salads.

Yea I'm weird.

:embarassed:
  • melissajane83
    melissajane83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I stopped at our favorite local fast food place after her gym. I had a bean burrito. I felt bad afterwards. I have not ate bad all week. :( eh oh well. At least it was only one :smile:
  • Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to BGR (The Burger Joint). I hadn't eaten any breakfast, other than coffee, because I had a dentist appointment in the morning. I went to BGR in the afternoon and took my burger and fries to go. I went home and after eating my burger I immediately regretted it. The calories were exorbitant: 576 for my burger and over 450 calories for the fries (not much fries). I went for a walk to help add more calories left for dinner (lentil soup and one boneless/skinless chicken drum).

The one thing that makes me "fall off the wagon" in regards to dieting is the fact that I end up eating foods that I regret immediately afterwards. So, instead of doing better, I would normally just give up. I try not to do this, but having no regrets means having to plan ahead.

What food(s) have you eaten that has caused you anxiety/regret after entering in the calories?

I'm choosy about my fast food/takeout, ect., and I usually don't regret anything I eat because I (99% of the time) know the calorie count of what I'm eating. The only time in recent memory that I can recall eating something and being bummed about it later was this Chinese food that I got from a place that everyone in my family raved about. I could taste the ketchup in the sweet & sour sauce, blech!
    I really can't remember the last time I had caloric sticker shock. :/
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts. "roast them with olive oil and garlic" they said. "They're delicious" they said. "They don't taste anything like the brussels sprouts your grandma made you eat as a kid" they said.

LIES. HORRIBLE LIES! They taste just like they look - little green buttholes.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Kale....

lbcc1.gif

I can stomach almost anything and actually like most things...but that's some ****ing regret right there...
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Kale....

lbcc1.gif

I can stomach almost anything and actually like most things...but that's some ****ing regret right there...

Irrelevant. The title of the thread is "food you ate". Kale is not food. It is a garnish.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts. "roast them with olive oil and garlic" they said. "They're delicious" they said. "They don't taste anything like the brussels sprouts your grandma made you eat as a kid" they said.

LIES. HORRIBLE LIES! They taste just like they look - little green buttholes.

snort.

I.

omg.

dying

so glad my office is empty- that was effing hysterical.

so true. snicker.

(same with kale- cant' stand it- don't regret it- I tried it didn't like it- and moved on- but dear god just no)
  • Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    4b4.jpg

Haha this, usually.

That.