Why in the world would a guy wear jeans at the gym???

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    On the weekend, my hubby and I climbed a mountain. On the way down, there was a guy coming up with jeans on.. wtf??

In August 2002 I climbed the highest peak east of the Rockies and west of the Alps in jeans.

I'm not aware of anyone making a thread about it.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    So I skipped page 2 to page 5, basically who's more in the wrong the people who posted about "why would someone wear jeans" or the people who have so little to do in their life that they have the time to hit reply and then type some random stupid crap?

Look someone asked a question and received some intelligent replies, if nothing else there may had been a few jokes. To the people who have nothing better to do ..f' off...
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Because they can if they want, why the hell should you care.

Also, this:

139963_mfk6.jpg
  • sjohnny
    Options
    So I skipped page 2 to page 5, basically who's more in the wrong the people who posted about "why would someone wear jeans" or the people who have so little to do in their life that they have the time to hit reply and then type some random stupid crap?

Look someone asked a question and received some intelligent replies, if nothing else there may had been a few jokes. To the people who have nothing better to do ..f' off...

NO! You "f' off!"
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    There are two guys that do that at my gym, one of them even wears work boots while working out.

I asked one of them one time, and the response I got was it was too much trouble to pack a gym bag, and if he had to he would never make it. He just stops by for a work out on his way home from work, and he is going to shower when he gets home. I can only assume that he is comfortable, so more power to him. Though I know some gyms, like P/F supposedly outlaw jeans.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Also, this:

139963_mfk6.jpg

Obviously photoshopped. It's unpossible to squat in jeans. Also, it's obvious by the distortion of the bar. REAL bars are straight.

Except for gay bars.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    One advantage to doing ring training / having your own private setup for it is that you can work out in the nude.

Hypothetically.

GAH!

brain_bleach2_4427.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Pot..meet kettle.
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Also, this:

139963_mfk6.jpg

Obviously photoshopped. It's unpossible to squat in jeans. Also, it's obvious by the distortion of the bar. REAL bars are straight.

Except for gay bars.

I'm just digging on the butts and bulges.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    One advantage to doing ring training / having your own private setup for it is that you can work out in the nude.

Hypothetically.

GAH!

brain_bleach2_4427.jpg

I dunno. I think we'd need to see pics first
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and have done it on occasion. Sometimes you are pressed for time to change and have to fit a work out into your schedule be it work or play.

I work in jeans all day, when it summer and 90+ outside and 110 inside where I work I have sweated in jeans. I've even ran in jeans just because of circumstances.

The people that are serious about gym time don't give two rats about what others think about their apparel.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    On the weekend, my hubby and I climbed a mountain. On the way down, there was a guy coming up with jeans on.. wtf??

In August 2002 I climbed the highest peak east of the Rockies and west of the Alps in jeans.

OH- THEY DID> you just weren't here yet to see it. DYESearch?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Uh, I might have, but we weren't friends yet. Sorry. Won't find it in the search though, I posted pics and it got deleted. You might want to invest in a belt next time. :flowerforyou:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    This is my descending the highest mountain in hundreds of miles.
    652_113951330688_2160294_n.jpg
    Just to be clear in the picture, I am wearing:
    Army boots.
    Shorts
    A builders safety helmet.
    A t-shirt with a long sleeved button-up shirt over the top.
    Washing up style gloves (I'd insist they were actually 'builders gloves', which seems more manly!)

I did get some odd looks from the very few people ascending as we were going down.

We HAD been planning to take the cable car.
    Unfortunately the cable car wasn't running because of really high winds.

My friend wanted to walk up anyway, so I agreed, despite only having shorts and a t-shirt on - I didn't realise that as we got near the top, it would be cold enough that there was still patches of ice and snow in the shade!
    My friend gave me the long sleeved short and I, ah, 'found' the head and hand protection at the top.

Wearing the extra gear.... made a few people amused at me.
    Caused me amusement that said people were amused at me.
    I wish I'd worn jeans.
    Gone up plenty of mountains in the UK in jeans and laughed at the people that feel the need to spend hundreds just to go for a walk ;).

I question one's ability to make basic life decisions when one wears jeans to the gym.
    Which factor did you feel that he'd failed at?
    The only thing I can see is "fitting in with the arbitrary fashion choices".
    Sure, that a 'fit' girl at a gym might think I'm weird is one of the reasons NOT to wear jeans to the gym, but if I was happily attached (Maybe there's a reason why somewhere in here? :P), it'd be another matter.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it would chaff! Jeans aren't flexible enough for my workouts.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness- as someone with a pretty physical job who wears a pair of redwings 40+ hours a week....my boots are effing comfortable. i wouldn't run a race in them, no. But walk? Elliptical? Psssh. Taking candy from a baby.

Imma guess most men who show up in jeans and or boots work in that ish everyday. it IS workout wear to them.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    This is my descending the highest mountain in hundreds of miles.
    Just to be clear in the picture, I am wearing:
    Army boots.
    Shorts
    A builders safety helmet.
    A t-shirt with a long sleeved button-up shirt over the top.
    Washing up style gloves (I'd insist they were actually 'builders gloves', which seems more manly!)

I did get some odd looks from the very few people ascending as we were going down.

We HAD been planning to take the cable car.
    Unfortunately the cable car wasn't running because of really high winds.

My friend wanted to walk up anyway, so I agreed, despite only having shorts and a t-shirt on - I didn't realise that as we got near the top, it would be cold enough that there was still patches of ice and snow in the shade!
    My friend gave me the long sleeved short and I, ah, 'found' the head and hand protection at the top.

Wearing the extra gear.... made a few people amused at me.
    Caused me amusement that said people were amused at me.
    I wish I'd worn jeans.
    Gone up plenty of mountains in the UK in jeans and laughed at the people that feel the need to spend hundreds just to go for a walk ;).

I question one's ability to make basic life decisions when one wears jeans to the gym.
    Which factor did you feel that he'd failed at?
    The only thing I can see is "fitting in with the arbitrary fashion choices".
    Sure, that a 'fit' girl at a gym might think I'm weird is one of the reasons NOT to wear jeans to the gym, but if I was happily attached (Maybe there's a reason why somewhere in here? :P), it'd be another matter.

You keep working hard and you might be able to trade in those army boots for Marine boots someday.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    marilyn-monroe-lifting-weights.jpg
  • sjohnny
    Options

Uh, I might have, but we weren't friends yet. Sorry. Won't find it in the search though, I posted pics and it got deleted. You might want to invest in a belt next time. :flowerforyou:

:grumble:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Because that's all the have? Or... maybe they ride a bike and they don't have room for a change of clothes and they are there on their lunch break? Who knows.... why does it matter? Did they make fun of what you were wearing and you want to get back at them?