Why in the world would a guy wear jeans at the gym???

Options

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that usually he forgets his shorts. Better to show up in jeans than not to show up at all I suppose.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Oops; picture now made to work.
    You keep working hard and you might be able to trade in those army boots for Marine boots someday.
    First set of proper army boots were a hand-me-down from a friend in the Navy, though air-tech, rather than marine, to be fair.

Don't mind being shouted at these days, but didn't fancy being expected to shoot at people based on incredibly shaky moral grounds - so I'll just stick to the footwear, ta :).
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    On the weekend, my hubby and I climbed a mountain. On the way down, there was a guy coming up with jeans on.. wtf??

In August 2002 I climbed the highest peak east of the Rockies and west of the Alps in jeans.

I'm not aware of anyone making a thread about it.

In August of 2002 I saw a guy who climbed the highest peak east of the Rockies and west of the Alps. He was in jeans.

I made a thread about it, but it got reported and was deleted.

Divisive thread was divisive. :grumble:
  • mortalkowgirl
    mortalkowgirl Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking this thread for the next time someone tells us no one is judging us when we are at the gym.

*Like*
  • AD0413
    AD0413 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Did you ever think maybe that is all he has is Jeans... My live-in doesn't have work out clothes nor do we have the money to buy them, The only work out clothes I have, have been given to me my a friend of mine. Not everyone can afford the extra clothes..
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Oops; picture now made to work.
    You keep working hard and you might be able to trade in those army boots for Marine boots someday.
    First set of proper army boots were a hand-me-down from a friend in the Navy, though air-tech, rather than marine, to be fair.

Don't mind being shouted at these days, but didn't fancy being expected to shoot at people based on incredibly shaky moral grounds - so I'll just stick to the footwear, ta :).
    What the hell was a navy guy doing with army boots?
  • sjohnny
    Options
    On the weekend, my hubby and I climbed a mountain. On the way down, there was a guy coming up with jeans on.. wtf??

In August 2002 I climbed the highest peak east of the Rockies and west of the Alps in jeans.

I'm not aware of anyone making a thread about it.

In August of 2002 I saw a guy who climbed the highest peak east of the Rockies and west of the Alps. He was in jeans.

I made a thread about it, but it got reported and was deleted.

Divisive thread was divisive. :grumble:

Solid modding on that one.
  • YoungGma29
    YoungGma29 Posts: 32
    Options
    Why are you paying attention to what other people wear? It's reasons like this that keep some of us from going to the gym. Aren't you there to do your own workout? Does it help your workout to critique others? Give the guy credit for being there and doing something and then worry about yourself.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    How tall is he? My son is 6' 4" and i have never been able to find jogging pants or sleep pants that have an inseam long enough for him.

Or maybe he just likes his jeans and how comfortable they are. :indifferent:
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking this thread for the next time someone tells us no one is judging us when we are at the gym.

*Like*

While I don't think the OP was judging - I do feel more and more self conscious the more I read the forums here. When I go to the gym at 5am I don't brush my hair - i put it in a ponytail and wind it up however it will fit on my head. I probably sometimes have the previous day's make up on. I have two pink tanks I wear and always wonder if people think i always wear pink if I wear it to the gym once or twice a week - for some reason I'm really worried about this one?

I know nobody cares. And i don't care if they care.... or at least I didn't until I realized how much everyone pays attention.

FWIW I do think it would be terribly uncomfortable to work out in jeans.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Did you ever think maybe that is all he has is Jeans... My live-in doesn't have work out clothes nor do we have the money to buy them, The only work out clothes I have, have been given to me my a friend of mine. Not everyone can afford the extra clothes..

Then they should save the gym fees until they have enough money for proper gym attire. Then and only then should they darken the door of that most sacred of facilities.

I mean for the love of all that's holy do these *kitten* go to church in Daisy Dukes and flip flops? What the hell is wrong with kids these days? And why are they on my damned lawn!!?!?!?!?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    One advantage to doing ring training / having your own private setup for it is that you can work out in the nude.

Hypothetically.

GAH!

brain_bleach2_4427.jpg

Inverted pullups. Inverted pullups. Inverted pullups. Naked inverted pullups.

don't open yer mouth

l.jpg
  • sjohnny
    Options

*Like*

While I don't think the OP was judging - I do feel more and more self conscious the more I read the forums here. When I go to the gym at 5am I don't brush my hair - i put it in a ponytail and wind it up however it will fit on my head. I probably sometimes have the previous day's make up on. I have two pink tanks I wear and always wonder if people think i always wear pink if I wear it to the gym once or twice a week - for some reason I'm really worried about this one?

I know nobody cares. And i don't care if they care.... or at least I didn't until I realized how much everyone pays attention.

It's okay. No one is paying attention to what anyone else is doing in the gym.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

*Like*

except when they are
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options

*Like*

except when they are

which is all the time. Except for the time they take off to write a thread about it.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Maybe he forgot his workout clothes at home but is dedicated enough to make do with whatever he had on at the time, just to get in his workout.

This was my first thought because I've done this before. I got strange looks from folks but I got my workout in all the same.

This^^^^^^, one of the branches of the gym I belong to is right across the street from a plane manufacturing plant that employs hundreds of people, whenever I am at that branch I always see people in everyday attire working out.....I just figured they are there on a lunch break or after work and it was either a last minute decision or they forgot thier gym clothes.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's all he has? There's a guy at my gym that works out in jeans...doing the elliptical...and I've never seen him there in sweats or anything. Come to think of it...I don't think he wears tennis shoes or running shoes...I think he wears dock shoes or something casual like that. Now I'm going to have to look next time.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong or judgmental about being curious about the world and wondering why people would do something that seems unusual or a little out of place. By asking the question, one might learn something that allows them to broaden their outlook and consider other points of view they hadn't thought of. It's this attitude that allows some people to become more open, accepting, and understanding and not less so.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options

*Like*

except when they are

which is all the time. Except for the time they take off to write a thread about it.

Well I think tomorrow morning I'll have to take a picture of myself in the gym looking like a disaster so I can get the judging out of my system. Thanks in advance for the judging, MFP :)
  • lshere
    lshere Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    and this is why I don't go to the gym