To the ladies who are 5'4"....

Options

Replies

• Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    To you ladies who are 5'4", some questions :)

- what kind of build are you? (small, medium, large)
    - how much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear?
    - what is your goal weight and why?
    - how old are you (if you don't mind sharing)
    - and have you had any kids? (I know from experience that can affect your body! ;) )

I'll answer my own questions too :)
    - I am medium build
    - I am 153 and in size 12 pants
    - right now my goal weight is 140 mainly because I have no clue last time I was below 150 (my pre-babies weight) and its considered a healthy weight whereas I am considered overweight currently
    - I am 30
    - I have had 2 kids, both by c section, so have the below the belly button pooch and clothes that fit me at this weight pre kids don't fit me or don't fit the same, kids have defintely changed my body, especially in the hips/belly area

(and anyone that wants to add me as a friend, feel free to :) )

5'4 medium build
    Currently 141/comfortable size 6 and a tight size 4
    My goal weight is 130 and comfy size 4
    Turning 30 in two weeks!!
    3 toddlers- twin boys (3) and a little princess (2)
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options

I'm probably medium/large build, never could get my fingers around my wrist but can now. Wrist measurement is 6.5"

Currently I'm 161.4 and in a size 8 comfortably, as the 8's after an hour are forever being pulled up; my thighs prevent me from comfortably getting into a 6.

Goal weight is 150lbs at the moment, my physician wants to see me at 150lbs as he doesn't think with my build I should go lower without consultation. I would love to get about 140lbs.

I will be 42 soon.

- and have you had any kids? (I know from experience that can affect your body! ;) )
    Two kids, youngest graduated this past June :drinker:
  • 1tarasina
    Options
    Hello :)

- what kind of build are you? medium and curvy
    - how much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear? i currently weight 195 pounds and I'm not to sure what size I am in pants because I wear tights. I find it depressing going into the store trying to fit in jeans lol.
    - what is your goal weight and why? I would love to lose about 30 to 40 pounds my goal would be about 160 just to feel more confident in myself and become more healthy.
    - how old are you, I am 23
    - and have you had any kids? no kids yet

I just started this week using my fitness pal. I am liking it a lot, I have a question though if anyone can give me any advice how many times should i work out a week for me to reach my goal? I've been doing a aerobic video works lower and top of your body as well as a fat burn work out but I'm not sure if it's enough for me.

Also how long did it take any of you to see you lose weight?
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options

I'll answer my own questions too :)
    - I am medium build
    - I am 153 and in size 12 pants
    - right now my goal weight is 140 mainly because I have no clue last time I was below 150 (my pre-babies weight) and its considered a healthy weight whereas I am considered overweight currently
    - I am 30
    - I have had 2 kids, both by c section, so have the below the belly button pooch and clothes that fit me at this weight pre kids don't fit me or don't fit the same, kids have defintely changed my body, especially in the hips/belly area

(and anyone that wants to add me as a friend, feel free to :) )

I am Medium build now..used to be small..
    current weight 217
    my goal at the moment is to get the driver license weight which is 180
    I am 43 with 3 kids
    I have currently lost about 17lbs
    and working on more..

I would be happy at 170 but wouldn' t mind losing more.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    - what kind of build are you? Small

- how much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear? Last I checked, 130 lbs. I muffin-top into a size 4.

- what is your goal weight and why? 115-120; size 0/2. This is my pre-pregnancy size.

- how old are you? 29

- and have you had any kids? Yes, six weeks ago.
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    - what kind of build are you? medium
    - how much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear? i weigh 174 and a size 15 pants
    - what is your goal weight and why? 135-140 becuase this would be a healthy weight range for me
    - how old are you (if you don't mind sharing) - 22
    - and have you had any kids? no kids
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

- what kind of build are you? medium and curvy
    - how much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear? i currently weight 195 pounds and I'm not to sure what size I am in pants because I wear tights. I find it depressing going into the store trying to fit in jeans lol.
    - what is your goal weight and why? I would love to lose about 30 to 40 pounds my goal would be about 160 just to feel more confident in myself and become more healthy.
    - how old are you, I am 23
    - and have you had any kids? no kids yet

I just started this week using my fitness pal. I am liking it a lot, I have a question though if anyone can give me any advice how many times should i work out a week for me to reach my goal? I've been doing a aerobic video works lower and top of your body as well as a fat burn work out but I'm not sure if it's enough for me.

Also how long did it take any of you to see you lose weight?

My start weight was the same as yours. I lost 15lbs in 6 weeks by walking daily, cutting down my calories and working out 3-5x a week. nothing major, just 30 mins on the exercise bike and walking for 40-60mins a day.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i am 5'4" as well.
    -not sure of my build, i would guess small or medium
    -my current weight fluctuates between 106 and 108. not sure what size i pants i wear, i wear anything from a 3 to a 5 just because those are what i own and i haven't bought new clothes in so long
    -my goal weight is where i am at right now, maybe a couple pounds less even. i am most comfortable at this size or smaller
    -i am 24
    -i have not had any kids, i went through an ectopic pregnancy a few months back. i wasn't trying for kids, eventually one day i probably would like to have kids though, if not then adopt an older child.
    feel free to add me
  • letlethugo
    letlethugo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    - I am large
    - I am 172lbs and in size 13-14 pants
    - right now my goal weight is 160
    - I am 34
    -Diabetic Type 2. need to lose weight for my health
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options

- what kind of build are you? (small, medium, large) - I think I am a small build :)

- how much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear? I was at 110 today and wear a 00 to 0/1

- what is your goal weight and why? - I am maintaining :)

- and have you had any kids? (I know from experience that can affect your body! ;) ) - I have one child :)
  • hannahbenson32
    Options
    -I think im a small/medium
    -I weigh about 145lbs and i wear anywhere from a 5 to a 9
    -my goal is 125lbs. Why? I want to have a tighter tummy and a thigh gap (all though i am kinda on the fit side)
    -I'm 13 years young. Lol
    -nooo i do not have kids
  • cmoncmonshake
    cmoncmonshake Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3", but...

small/medium, i'm in between.

currently 128, size depends mostly on the clothing brand, but i can squeeze into a 4, and 6 has become loose on me. i normally wear small-medium in dress size.

my initial goal weight was 125, which would mean i will have lost around 25lbs. at the time, i thought my build was more of a medium - turns out i'm much more of a small. so i still have quite a bit of a tummy and arm flab, and will most likely be updating my goal weight to 115lbs.

nope, not just yet! :)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5"

No idea. . I'm a bananaaaa.
    116 lbs, size 0-2.
    Don't have one because my goals are more body composition and strength gains in lifting.
    - and have you had any kids?
    Two kids. First was 8 lbs 6 oz and other was 9 lbs 4 oz at birth.
  • bitterpeaches
    Options
    Medium (broad shoulders, big hands, big head, thick collarbone.. definitely not as delicate as I would like. Haha.)
    125.4 (weighed myself this morning), 3-5. Depending on the brand, I can squeeze into a 1 too.
    110 lbs (it's a WIP. I'm sure I don't want to be LOWER than 110, but I definitely want to be under 120.)
    Nope. Nope.. Nope. Haha.
  • Jori5280
    Jori5280 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    --What kind of build are you?

Medium (smaller hips, but larger chest, and horrible upper body strength :-/ )

--How much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear?

I'm about 145 lbs and wear size 8 pants.

--What is your goal weight and why?

I started this lifestyle change four years ago and was unhealthy and 193 lbs. I didn't set a specific number and just wanted to be more healthy and confident. I'd still like to lose more belly fat and fat around my thighs, but I want to also improve my upper body strength.

--How old are you (if you don't mind sharing)?

--And have you had any kids?

No
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    - I'm 5'4.5'' ish
    - Medium build?
    - Currently 134 lbs and wear a size 6-8.
    - Goal weight: 120-125 lbs. Mostly vanity weight at this point. ;-)
    - Age 29, no kids
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 1/2". Medium to large build, I have a large bone structure, and a big head.:) I weigh 160, and I wear size 14 pants. I am a quite conservative person, and I like to be modest. I could fit into a size 12, but it would be to tight for my comfort. My current goal weight is 140. I'm not 20 yet, and don't have any biological children.
  • mscob
    mscob Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi all!
    Some of these stump me a bit... Bare with me here! :-)
    - I'd have to say I have a small upper build (freakishly small wrists and a small ribcage/ waist but D-cup boobs), medium bottom (thighs and hips have always been large).... More of an hourglass shape
    - Currently I weigh 165. I'm trying to go off of measurements more so bust (39), waist (32), hips (42), thighs (22)
    - I wear anywhere between an 8 and 12. Currently pushing a 12 in a lot of brands but have a few Ann Taylor 8s that still fit.
    - My weight has never really changed much since junior high. Always between 150 and 170. Right now I'm on the higher end and not feeling so great so want to bring it down.... I really want to see my measurements better. My waist used to be 27 and hips 39. This has all been in about the past 2 years my measurements have really started creeping up. I have a small dress form and I have busted out of it's largest setting. I want to make clothes again. :-(
    - I'm 31
    - No kids yet but trying for a long time on that front. So no excuse.
  • Egon9123
    Egon9123 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what build I am..I am going to assume Large.

I weight 175 lbs and I am in-between a 10-12..

My goal weight is 140. I think it is a realistic goal weight and at that weight I still look healthy.

I am 22, turning 23 years old in a few days.

I have no children but my metabolism has slowed down dramatically.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

-medium build, wide rib cage, wide pelvis but without much dip in the waist (ruler shape)
    -6-8 depending on brand (I did giggle like a little girl when I found a "4" that fit but I'm not really that size.) It's my thighs that have to find the fit, the waist is usually a bit loose despite my mostly ruler shape and I will get pants taken in at the waist.
    -135 and it's what I weigh at the moment. I'm just continuing with body recomp through strength training after losing 25 lbs
    -no kids