Ladies, when did you see strength training results?

Options
12346»

Replies

• lausmit4477
    lausmit4477 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    2 to 3 months for muscle definition, but a lot of that contributes to fat loss. Strength gains were pretty rapid.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Really? Because your picture looks pretty bulky :\

I dont think you know what that word means.

I think her picture looks fab! If that's bulky, sign me up!

As to the OP, I noticed my muscles harden after 3 weeks. I was obsessed with touching my quads because I loved how they felt! I've only been lifting for about 9 weeks and visually, I started seeing changes around week 5. This week I've noticed my shoulders feel a lot harder and I can see them ripple when I get dressed in the mornings. I <3 lifting!
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Upper body strength started to improve within a week. About 3 weeks for muscles to start to feel harder. I need to lose the fat now so I can show them off
  • eurochick64
    eurochick64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    BUMP..... This is a very interesting post!
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bump
  • miniimuscles
    miniimuscles Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My strength increases were pretty quick, as in going up in weight and endurance. As for changes in my body, it took a couple months of consistent training at least 3 times a week. If you think about it, your muscles aren't getting bigger, it takes a calorie suprlus for that, you have to burn the fat on top of the muscle to see it's definition and tone.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It took me a couple of months, maybe even three, but now 7 months later I am so proud of my changes. I'm doing body recomp though so it's a lot slower.
  • eurochick64
    eurochick64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started heavy lifting at the end of March, I love it, I wish I would of started this year's ago!
    But hey better late than never!
    I have lost inches more than lbs......I just upped my calories in , so hoping to see weight loss, I really don't think I've been eating enough!
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for 2 months and haven't seen much changes however I don't consume enough protein. Could that be what's slowing down my process?
  • MissMegannLee
    MissMegannLee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've started and it's only been about 2 weeks and I'm already seeing some results and feeling some results.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've only been strength training for 2 months now and I think I noticed visible results after about a month and a half. I've gotten firmer and also stronger during this time.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    First visible changes after a month. Rounded butt, thinner waist and thighs, back muscles, visibly melted CELULLITE! Weight went up and centimeters down.
  • jardimgirl
    Options
    I've been lifting for 2 months and haven't seen much changes however I don't consume enough protein. Could that be what's slowing down my process?
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    That's what I keep reading in posts in some of the other threads. I just upped my protein, and I'm hoping to see some more results. It's hard for me to get in that much protein. 3-4 ounces at a meal is about my limit.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Observable changes took about a month for me - got noticeable biceps and my calves changed a bit in shape and got very hard. And so did my ample bum. And I'm only a month and a half in. Weight hasn't changed much, but I'm firmer than I was even when I was thin. So that's awesome.
  • jardimgirl
    Options
    That's what I keep reading in posts in some of the other threads. I just upped my protein, and I'm hoping to see some more results. It's hard for me to get in that much protein. 3-4 ounces at a meal is about my limit.

Same with me
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I started seeing strength results quickly. My biceps popped a bit within a few months, and I got delt definition after about six months. I am a pear shape, as someone else mentioned, upper body develops way faster for me than lower. Lower body i have more strength gains, less definition. Didn't start seeing the progress I was looking for there until I was on a cut for a solid three months. (and still not quite where I want to be. ;) )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!