Freelee the Banana Girl

Options

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Any science for the claims? Or just opinions from youtube gurus?
    <
    Eats animal products daily makes one jacked and strong, science be damned!

I don't take advice from 20-30 year old guys who have abs. I was you 20 years ago dude. I'm more interested in thriving for another 30 years.

I listen to the 70-80 year old guys: T. Colin Campbell, Caldwell Esselstyn, John McDougall, Ellsworth Wareham. At least they are Doctors who've authored research papers.

If you want to be strong and healthy into old age, the last thing you want to be doing is cutting your protein intake down to 10%. Seriously. Anything you can do that slows the loss of lean body mass will help protect you against numerous age-related health problems including osteoporosis. Lifting weights and eating protein is the best way to protect your lean mass.
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    <

I don't take advice from 20-30 year old guys who have abs. I was you 20 years ago dude. I'm more interested in thriving for another 30 years.

I listen to the 70-80 year old guys: T. Colin Campbell, Caldwell Esselstyn, John McDougall, Ellsworth Wareham. At least they are Doctors who've authored research papers.
    If you saw what that diet did to a friend of mines wife.........you would think twice. I won't be suprised if that diet doesn't kill someone. Oh and my grandparents all lived to be well over 90 eating fatty meats, pasta, cooking in lard etc.

I eat a ton of pasta marinara.

I have 2 grandparents who ate well and lived to 99 and 96. The other 2 died of heart disease. None of them ate much meat before the mid 1950's. People couldn't afford it back then.

Read Dr. Esselstyn's book Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease and get back to me. My dad had his first heart bypass when he was 54. He was a butcher. We ate red meat every day. I had atherosclerosis just like you do now. I choose to live.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I have been eating 80/10/10 for at least 6 months now, and recently started adding in calories. I eat about 3,000 per day; I'm a 55 year old male.
    I ride my bike about 75-100 miles (4-6 hours) per week on average.
    As Freelee says carbs don't make you fat. It's a big fallacy. Fat makes you fat. Animal products make you fat.
    A calorie is not a calorie. Fiber is essential. Also look at John McDougall's work.
    Another YouTube person to watch that will better explain is Jay at PlantbasedAthlete.

Six months? Post again when you've been doing it a year or two years.

There are many stories of people feeling fantastic when they start 801010, and then a year or so later feeling worse than before they started.

Also lol @ fat makes you fat.

Well I've been vegan for 2 years. Before I was high fat, about 20-25%. Around 10% has been much better for me. Much more satisfying because I no longer have to calorie restrict.

But you are restricting. Whole categories of foods.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    <

If you saw what that diet did to a friend of mines wife.........you would think twice. I won't be suprised if that diet doesn't kill someone. Oh and my grandparents all lived to be well over 90 eating fatty meats, pasta, cooking in lard etc.

I eat a ton of pasta marinara.

I have 2 grandparents who ate well and lived to 99 and 96. The other 2 died of heart disease. None of them ate much meat before the mid 1950's. People couldn't afford it back then.

Read Dr. Esselstyn's book Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease and get back to me. My dad had his first heart bypass when he was 54. He was a butcher. We ate red meat every day. I had atherosclerosis just like you do now. I choose to live.
    Sounds like a genetic problems that runs in your family. I am also close to 40 and my last check up the doctor said "whatever your doing, keep on doing it"
    As for my friends wife she did the diet for 15 months. She went from lean and fit to a total 180 on body compostion. She became skinny-fat. At the beginning of the diet she was always running and active, toward the end she couldn't even complete a hike with her husband without getting extremely short of breath. Sounds like a great existence.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I dunno about you guys, but I'd watch videos of her cleaning lint out of drier screens.
  • Wade406
    Options

If you want to be strong and healthy into old age, the last thing you want to be doing is cutting your protein intake down to 10%. Seriously. Anything you can do that slows the loss of lean body mass will help protect you against numerous age-related health problems including osteoporosis. Lifting weights and eating protein is the best way to protect your lean mass.

I appreciate your concern. YouTube search Dr. Ellsworth Waretham. He's 98 years young. It's worth listening to, seriously.
    But about the 10% protein. The beauty of it is I'm not cutting down on protein. Eating 3,000 calories per day, I get about 80 grams of protein per day. The same amount when I was calorie restricting on a 1,600 calorie diet.
  • Wade406
    Options
    I dunno about you guys, but I'd watch videos of her cleaning lint out of drier screens.

She is quite the looker, that's for sure.
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Your profile pic makes me think about orcas.

I'm obsessed with crazy people on the internet.
  • Wade406
    Options

But you are restricting. Whole categories of foods.

Definitely. Thank you.

Just not calorie restricting. Like I said.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Come on people!

Carbs don't make you fat
    Fat doesn´t make you fat
    and animal products don´t make you fat either.

What makes you fat is eating either one or all of them in an uncontrolled way. You can get fat from everything you eat out of control! If she eats like 1kg strawberries for breakfast, 4 bananas for lunch and a entire water melon for dinner she will be filled up and won't get fit because she is not overeating calorie wise....

I´m not too sure if cutting out so many things of your diet is healthy for most of us people. there are people only eating meat anymore, and people like banana girl... Maybe it´s good for their body. That doesn´t nessessarily mean that a diet like this is good for your body as well. I know it would make me feel really sick and poopy!

I personally need a lot of carbs. Otherwise my low blood pressure is going to kill me. I´d feel dizzy all day on a low carb diet. What is good for me might make you sick though. So I think you should try a diet that consists everything in regulation. Make sure that the meat you get is organic from animals that didn´t get fed that soy crap and you will be fine. Than make small changes and see how it makes you feel, Try and error....:flowerforyou:
  • Wade406
    Options

Haha that's funny! Now that you mention it, me too.

It's Deadmau5.
  • Wade406
    Options
    Come on people!

Carbs don't make you fat
    Fat doesn´t make you fat

What makes you fat is eating either one or all of them in an uncontrolled way. You can get fat from everything you eat out of control! If she eats like 1kg strawberries for breakfast, 4 bananas for lunch and a entire water melon for dinner she will be filled up and won't get fit because she is not overeating calorie wise....

I´m not too sure if cutting out so many things of your diet is healthy for most of us people. there are people only eating meat anymore, and people like banana girl... Maybe it´s good for their body. That doesn´t nessessarily mean that a diet like this is good for your body as well. I know it would make me feel really sick and poopy!

I personally need a lot of carbs. Otherwise my low blood pressure is going to kill me. I´d feel dizzy all day on a low carb diet. What is good for me might make you sick though. So I think you should try a diet that consists everything in regulation. Make sure that the meat you get is organic from animals that didn´t get fed that soy crap and you will be fine. Than make small changes and see how it makes you feel, Try and error....:flowerforyou:

It's good to restrict (or eliminate) cholesterol and saturated fat. That's proven science.
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Come on people!

Carbs don't make you fat
    Fat doesn´t make you fat

I often wonder about how accurate her estimations on calories are. On her 'what I eat wednesdays' videos she seems to overestimate what she is consuming.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

It's Deadmau5.

Someone your age likes Deadmau5? I call troll.
  • Wade406
    Options
    Sounds like a genetic problems that runs in your family. I am also close to 40 and my last check up the doctor said "whatever your doing, keep on doing it"

That's cool. That's the same thing my Doctor said to me last month. My total Chol was 129, LDL was 53, HDL was 54.
    50% of all Americans die of heart disease. When plant eating cultures begin eating the SAD diet, they have the same problems. We don't have to be victims of genetics.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Come on people!

Carbs don't make you fat
    Fat doesn´t make you fat

It's good to restrict (or eliminate) cholesterol and saturated fat. That's proven science.
    I'll just leave this here:
    The Questionable Link Between Saturated Fat and Heart Disease. Newer science, not from some random youtube guru
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303678404579533760760481486
  • Wade406
    Options

It's Deadmau5.

Someone your age likes Deadmau5?

Crazy right?!?
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options