Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ls400eJKpe1r317bvo1_250.gif
  • Beautiful_Pain
    Beautiful_Pain Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Uhh glad many dont like, i dont think ill ever have them pop out, haha!

But i do have respect for the gals that have them now thats disicipline!

I think for hormonal reasons it's actually easier for women to have visible abs than men. For the same reason, it is also much easier (but not easy) for men to have striated glutes than women.
    Well for this woman its not... lol or maybe im not trying but im cool :-)
  • Beautiful_Pain
    Beautiful_Pain Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ls400eJKpe1r317bvo1_250.gif
    This gif:love::love:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Depends largely on the rest of her...especially the size of her personalities...

You gave me a girl boner with all yer sexy brains.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I am generally unconcerned.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    "Here's a novel concept: YOU get to decide what is healthy, sexy and beautiful when it comes to your own body.

And the reality is that no matter what you decide, someone will tell you you're wrong.

But, someone else will think you're perfect. When you do what YOU love, when you live the life YOU want, when you portray the image YOU want to portray, there will be someone (probably a lot of someones, actually) who are looking for those qualities in a friend, or partner.

Don't live for the people telling you you're wrong. Live for yourself, and the people who love the qualities you possess will be drawn to you."

https://www.facebook.com/gokaleo/posts/540879002663115

Also:

"Other people's opinions of me are none of my business."
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Naw, actual ab cuts are a little much. It's too masculine. I don't mind them per se but I'd MUCH rather prefer just a nice, tight, flat tummy (to lick) but that's just my personal preference.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Depends largely on the rest of her...especially the size of her personalities...

You gave me a girl boner with all yer sexy brains.

:flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

I think for hormonal reasons it's actually easier for women to have visible abs than men. For the same reason, it is also much easier (but not easy) for men to have striated glutes than women.

Generally, I take your word on things... But this is something I have a hard time swallowing and would like more information. I don't see how this is possible.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Because a woman's fitness level only has worth and merit if it can be quantified as a sexually attractive trait...

well, duh!
    In a way that's true for both sexes...
    I'm not a sexist person.. but surely part of the reason we 'tone up' is to look AND feel good...

Lets not turn this into a 'sexist' thing...

If you peruse the topics, there are roughly 500,000 posts of "do guys like this" or "which looks better on a woman". I may have seen one aimed at a man's physique and I think it was a spin-off or even a parody of a woman's post. This insecurity women have is continually perpetuated by focusing on attractiveness being the ultimate goal. Of course we want to be attractive, however it simply isn't emotionally healthy to fixate on it.
    I'm not about to argue with you...
    Health beats looks anyway... but EVERYONE has a stereotype that they prefer... it's not to say that everyone 'has' to match that stereotype (personally.. I prefer 'normal' or 'average' bodies.. ) but in the end, everyone, male or female has a preference.. perhaps males just make it more audible.. I for one would rather someone be healthy than 'good looking'..

Everyone has preferences, however women tend to feel pressured to conform to certain criteria in order to feel worth, and questions like this one only perpetuates it. Why not aim for your own goals and let other people worry about their opinions of you? You cant please everyone. There are so many different beautiful people out there, add your own version to the mix! :)
  • Junken__Diraffe
    Options
    Because a woman's fitness level only has worth and merit if it can be quantified as a sexually attractive trait...

well, duh!
    I'm not a sexist person.. but surely part of the reason we 'tone up' is to look AND feel good...

If you peruse the topics, there are roughly 500,000 posts of "do guys like this" or "which looks better on a woman". I may have seen one aimed at a man's physique and I think it was a spin-off or even a parody of a woman's post. This insecurity women have is continually perpetuated by focusing on attractiveness being the ultimate goal. Of course we want to be attractive, however it simply isn't emotionally healthy to fixate on it.
    Health beats looks anyway... but EVERYONE has a stereotype that they prefer... it's not to say that everyone 'has' to match that stereotype (personally.. I prefer 'normal' or 'average' bodies.. ) but in the end, everyone, male or female has a preference.. perhaps males just make it more audible.. I for one would rather someone be healthy than 'good looking'..

Everyone has preferences, however women tend to feel pressured to conform to certain criteria in order to feel worth, and questions like this one only perpetuates it. Why not aim for your own goals and let other people worry about their opinions of you? You cant please everyone. There are so many different beautiful people out there, add your own version to the mix! :)

I don't suppose you are a Womens studies student/teacher, are you?

I don't find very defined abs particularly attractive on men or women, though I appreciate the hard work and dedication. I much prefer a flat stomach and overall healthy fit body. For myself, I'm working on getting back there! There is part of me that was proud when I had the beginnings of visible abs, though that was mostly due to a severely restricted diet for medical reasons.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    15-percent-body-fat-female1.jpg

??

Is this kind of what you mean? One vs the other. Just asking
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options

well, duh!

I don't suppose you are a Womens studies student/teacher, are you?

I don't find very defined abs particularly attractive on men or women, though I appreciate the hard work and dedication. I much prefer a flat stomach and overall healthy fit body. For myself, I'm working on getting back there! There is part of me that was proud when I had the beginnings of visible abs, though that was mostly due to a severely restricted diet for medical reasons.

Lol Not in the slightest. Just opinionated. :wink:
    And I wish you luck with your goals. It's tough work the whole way, no matter what the final aim is, and I agree that dedication is admirable in itself.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    My opinion. I don't find them attractive if they are extremely defined.

Barely visible is great... but man like abs are not attractive in my opinion.

The only way abs would be man like is if they were on a man.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Many? What is your definition of many?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My sloshy belly is so happy in this thread. None of those pesky man abs for me, no way, nuh uh. *eatsanothernutterbutter*
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options

Generally, I take your word on things... But this is something I have a hard time swallowing and would like more information. I don't see how this is possible.

It's the general guidelines for fat distribution. Same as how post menopausal women store fat differently to younger women. It doesn't mean it's easy to get down to the BF% that is required to have visible abs but as the stubborn fat stores on "most" women are butt/thighs, fat will generally be lost around the stomach first. (Not so for most guys)

Not easy but easier for women I believe. As long as they actually do some sort of resistance training to build the muscles also. (should train abs just like any other muscle IMO)
  • wolf39us
    wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My opinion. I don't find them attractive if they are extremely defined.

Barely visible is great... but man like abs are not attractive in my opinion.

The only way abs would be man like is if they were on a man.

You're all focusing on my second sentence when my first sentence defined what I was saying when using the words "man-like".

Well defined abs on a woman are not seen in my eyes as feminine, they are seen as masculine, ergo the use of the term.
    From the looks of it I am not the only one that feels this way!

But of course someone is always offended in threads on these subjects... You know, because they can be!
  • chantellelouise03
    Options
    As long as she's still curvy its sexy but I wouldn't swap boobs for abbs when I had them my waist was more boxy too I didn't like that I'm sure most women can do muscles better than me haha.