Freelee the Banana Girl

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    was this freelee chick fat before? what is the novelty? that she eats bananas? or lets us watch her mundane life?

I think she was slightly chubby at the most, then 'skinny fat'. The novelty is its an extreme diet that totes you can eat as much as you want and not get fat, given that you only eat raw fruit (and some vege?). The cost of food alone must be horrific...

O I C. i tried to look for before and after vids but honestly got bored watching her play with her dog. i mean i get that she's hot but I've known girls like her my whole life, it does nothing for me to watch her putter around doing mundane shet.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I have been eating 80/10/10 for at least 6 months now, and recently started adding in calories. I eat about 3,000 per day; I'm a 55 year old male.
    I ride my bike about 75-100 miles (4-6 hours) per week on average.
    As Freelee says carbs don't make you fat. It's a big fallacy. Fat makes you fat. Animal products make you fat.
    A calorie is not a calorie. Fiber is essential. Also look at John McDougall's work.
    Another YouTube person to watch that will better explain is Jay at PlantbasedAthlete.

animal products make you fat.... .right....

because these hunter-gatherers are really, really, really fat, aren't they? :noway:

wokjvbtnxwdjdtuu4e92c68a162e4.jpg

They all look like they could use a good turkey sammich.

Then I think that your P.C monitor needs cleaning (or your view of a healthy body image is out of calibration!!) :-p because using mine, they look proper healthy.

Generally - Hey folks just because this poster (5iii) has a different view on diet than the majority here - there's no need to be rude. The jury is still out on a LOT of 'nutritional Science' and different ways of thinking should be encouraged not dismissed out of hand. Proper research is KING but we often gravitate to those sources that more closely align to our own current mindsets I'm as guilty of that as anyone - it's probably human nature but.... this is NOT good science , it's biased.

If 80-10-10, or Atkins, or Paleo or **** (insert your diet/lifestyle choice here) works for you GREAT - keep at it, .. Get tested .. *kitten* the LONG TERM impacts etc.. etc.. add your results to the ever growing database of research results .. BUT DON'T dismiss anyone else's 'fact's because they don't agree with your view of the world (or some herd based band wagon that you've jumped on!!).

The mind is like a parachute .... it works best when it's OPEN.

#tryinghardtolivetothismyself.......mostly
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Come on people!

Carbs don't make you fat
    Fat doesn´t make you fat
    and animal products don´t make you fat either.

What makes you fat is eating either one or all of them in an uncontrolled way. You can get fat from everything you eat out of control! If she eats like 1kg strawberries for breakfast, 4 bananas for lunch and a entire water melon for dinner she will be filled up and won't get fit because she is not overeating calorie wise....

I´m not too sure if cutting out so many things of your diet is healthy for most of us people. there are people only eating meat anymore, and people like banana girl... Maybe it´s good for their body. That doesn´t nessessarily mean that a diet like this is good for your body as well. I know it would make me feel really sick and poopy!

I personally need a lot of carbs. Otherwise my low blood pressure is going to kill me. I´d feel dizzy all day on a low carb diet. What is good for me might make you sick though. So I think you should try a diet that consists everything in regulation. Make sure that the meat you get is organic from animals that didn´t get fed that soy crap and you will be fine. Than make small changes and see how it makes you feel, Try and error....:flowerforyou:

It's good to restrict (or eliminate) cholesterol and saturated fat. That's proven science.

Ummm, no its not.

There is much, much scientific evidence to the contrary
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well I've been vegan for 2 years. Before I was high fat, about 20-25%. Around 10% has been much better for me. Much more satisfying because I no longer have to calorie restrict.

Sorry, 20/25% is not high fat. That's actually pretty low fat.
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Then I think that your P.C monitor needs cleaning (or your view of a healthy body image is out of calibration!!) :-p because using mine, they look proper healthy.

Generally - Hey folks just because this poster (5iii) has a different view on diet than the majority here - there's no need to be rude. The jury is still out on a LOT of 'nutritional Science' and different ways of thinking should be encouraged not dismissed out of hand. Proper research is KING but we often gravitate to those sources that more closely align to our own current mindsets I'm as guilty of that as anyone - it's probably human nature but.... this is NOT good science , it's biased.

If 80-10-10, or Atkins, or Paleo or **** (insert your diet/lifestyle choice here) works for you GREAT - keep at it, .. Get tested .. *kitten* the LONG TERM impacts etc.. etc.. add your results to the ever growing database of research results .. BUT DON'T dismiss anyone else's 'fact's because they don't agree with your view of the world (or some herd based band wagon that you've jumped on!!).

Thanks man.
    What's interesting to me is that the people who are deriding my comments and assertions are going by what they've read or believe they've observed. I agree research is "king", but I value testing out the hypothesis myself.
    I've eaten Atkins, Paleo, SAD, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Cambridge, Medifast, Mediterranean, Vegan, and 80/10/10.
    I have blood tests from 2002 to now.
    I watched Forks Over Knives the documentary in November of 2012. I had been eating Mediterranean for about 5 months, and I was up to eating about 3 meatless days per month. FYI I was adhering to the Mayo clinic's outline of the Med diet.
    I liked the Med diet. Blood work was about the same, athletically I was performing well, mountain bike racing season was on and I raced a few races. But I digress.
    So after watching the movie, the line of reasoning seemed sound. I checked out the main doctors and researchers, and found out they are real people, not quacks, and in general there pedigree was generally better than those who claim the opposite. I mean the Cleveland Clinic, Cornell University, etc. These are top institutions in the country for research.
    So to me, I thought, I've got little to lose in trying this for 3 weeks. I can always reverse course. But in probably 10 days, I was feeling really good. Very difficult to describe. My self perception was that I was feeling great before this, but however I was feeling before, now I was feeling better than that.
    So 3 weeks turned into 6 weeks, then 6 months, till now.
    So a few months ago the change I principally made is add more fruit in the morning, and more during the day. I have been more cognizant of eating very little fat, and avoiding processed (vegan or otherwise) foods. I'm getting over the calorie restriction mentality. The beauty of that is I don't feel so compelled to eat a huge dinner, I'm not famished when I get home from work.
    And for a week or two I gained weight because of the calories. But that's come off.

Back to the bigger picture. Watch Forks Over Knives. Give it a try for yourself. Don't be afraid of it. Don't be so dogmatic in your view that you KNOW it won't work. You can't say that until you've tried it.
    The reason I am dogmatic about my view is that I've tried it. All different ways. The low fat high carb vegan diet is superior. Once in a while you hear of people who've tried it, and really tried to fine tune it, and it didn't work for them. But those are the outliers.
    The main critics, those who vehemently oppose the approach, by and large, haven't personally tried it. They're self satisfied with their approach. But really that is of little value, don't you think?

Oh and by the way, I'm not this rockbolla person or whatever. I've been using MFP for a long time. I used to be solpwr. I ate meat, and argued that a calorie is a calorie just like you. I generally don't participate on this forum, but I searched Freelee to see what people were saying, and then shared my point of view. And I've been put on the defensive from that point to the present.

Cheers.
  • Wade406
    Options
    Well I've been vegan for 2 years. Before I was high fat, about 20-25%. Around 10% has been much better for me. Much more satisfying because I no longer have to calorie restrict.

Sorry, 20/25% is not high fat. That's actually pretty low fat.

Well I guess it depends on your point of view. I should have said relatively higher fat. Forgive me.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Thanks man.
    What's interesting to me is that the people who are deriding my comments and assertions are going by what they've read or believe they've observed. I agree research is "king", but I value testing out the hypothesis myself.
    I've eaten Atkins, Paleo, SAD, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Cambridge, Medifast, Mediterranean, Vegan, and 80/10/10.
    I watched Forks Over Knives the documentary in November of 2012. I had been eating Mediterranean for about 5 months, and I was up to eating about 3 meatless days per month. FYI I was adhering to the Mayo clinic's outline of the Med diet.
    I liked the Med diet. Blood work was about the same, athletically I was performing well, mountain bike racing season was on and I raced a few races. But I digress.
    So after watching the movie, the line of reasoning seemed sound. I checked out the main doctors and researchers, and found out they are real people, not quacks, and in general there pedigree was generally better than those who claim the opposite. I mean the Cleveland Clinic, Cornell University, etc. These are top institutions in the country for research.
    So to me, I thought, I've got little to lose in trying this for 3 weeks. I can always reverse course. But in probably 10 days, I was feeling really good. Very difficult to describe. My self perception was that I was feeling great before this, but however I was feeling before, now I was feeling better than that.
    So a few months ago the change I principally made is add more fruit in the morning, and more during the day. I have been more cognizant of eating very little fat, and avoiding processed (vegan or otherwise) foods. I'm getting over the calorie restriction mentality. The beauty of that is I don't feel so compelled to eat a huge dinner, I'm not famished when I get home from work.
    And for a week or two I gained weight because of the calories. But that's come off.

Back to the bigger picture. Watch Forks Over Knives. Give it a try for yourself. Don't be afraid of it. Don't be so dogmatic in your view that you KNOW it won't work. You can't say that until you've tried it.
    The reason I am dogmatic about my view is that I've tried it. All different ways. The low fat high carb vegan diet is superior. Once in a while you hear of people who've tried it, and really tried to fine tune it, and it didn't work for them. But those are the outliers.
    The main critics, those who vehemently oppose the approach, by and large, haven't personally tried it. They're self satisfied with their approach. But really that is of little value, don't you think?

Oh and by the way, I'm not this rockbolla person or whatever. I've been using MFP for a long time. I used to be solpwr. I ate meat, and argued that a calorie is a calorie just like you. I generally don't participate on this forum, but I searched Freelee to see what people were saying, and then shared my point of view. And I've been put on the defensive from that point to the present.

Cheers.

You've been put on the defensive for making incorrect statements and hopefully not for your choices in diet.

Eat how you prefer. If it gets you closer to your goals and it's sustainable and healthy then go for it. But making statements such as "fat makes you fat" and that a calorie isn't a calorie is flat out incorrect.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I tried vegan for a bit. Too f'in hard to get protein without loading up on soy, and non-whey protein powders were nasty.

I suppose it could work out if you do a ton of cardio to pump up the intake calories high enough.
  • Shropshire1959
    Options
    Cool
  • Shropshire1959
    Options
    I tried vegan for a bit. Too f'in hard to get protein without loading up on soy, and non-whey protein powders were nasty.

I know .. herbivore mammals are so under nourished and scrawny .... how could they 'possibly' get enough protein from plants?../sarcasm :huh:
  • Wade406
    Options

Thanks man.

Cheers.

You've been put on the defensive for making incorrect statements and hopefully not for your choices in diet.

Eat how you prefer. If it gets you closer to your goals and it's sustainable and healthy then go for it. But making statements such as "fat makes you fat" and that a calorie isn't a calorie is flat out incorrect.

Dude, that's your opinion. Your opinion is that my statements are incorrect. I disagree with you. I'm stating my opinion. I believe the research that I've considered validates my point of view. You believe that the research you've considered validates that I'm wrong. So what?

The difference is that you guys often feel that a photo with abs = expert. Or that the majority opinion = the correct opinion.
    I disagree with both of those assertions.

The experts I trust are Neal Barnard, T. Colin Campbell, Caldwell Esselstyn, John McDougall. And I'm not alone. So do people like Samuel L. Jackson, Mac Danzig, Bill Clinton, Russell Brand, to name a few.

The majority opinion is not always correct. In the 50's the majority opinion was that smoking was not bad for your health.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that no one has the right to challenge your point of view. I welcome the challenge, but a simple assertion by anyone that says I'm wrong because they're right and they have abs is childish.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Thanks man.

Cheers.

Dude, that's your opinion. Your opinion is that my statements are incorrect. I disagree with you. I'm stating my opinion. I believe the research that I've considered validates my point of view. You believe that the research you've considered validates that I'm wrong. So what?

I challenge you to post one piece of research indicating that fat makes you fat independent of state of energy balance.

The difference is that you guys often feel that a photo with abs = expert. Or that the majority opinion = the correct opinion.

That's a strawman argument in it's entirety. I do not care what someone looks like as it has nothing to do with the validity of information.
  • Wade406
    Options

I challenge you to post one piece of research indicating that fat makes you fat independent of state of energy balance.

I never made that assertion as you've qualified it.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Ok, then go ahead and qualify how "fat makes you fat" (statement made by you on page 1). And post the supporting research. Or admit that it isn't fat that makes you fat but eating too much.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options

Thanks man.

Cheers.

The experts I trust are Neal Barnard, T. Colin Campbell, Caldwell Esselstyn, John McDougall. And I'm not alone. So do people like Samuel L. Jackson, Mac Danzig, Bill Clinton, Russell Brand, to name a few.

The majority opinion is not always correct. In the 50's the majority opinion was that smoking was not bad for your health.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that no one has the right to challenge your point of view. I welcome the challenge, but a simple assertion by anyone that says I'm wrong because they're right and they have abs is childish.

Well, you have to admit it's pretty difficult to argue that "fat makes you fat" when you have someone who is lean with a healthy bodyweight telling you they eat 100g a fat a day.

Here is the only statement you can present that no one will argue with: "801010 is working for me." The caveat being that you have been doing it for a short period of time, and it may or may not have a negative long term effect on you - you don't know until/if that time comes.

Half of this board, however, WILL argue with a statement like "fat makes you fat" when so many people are NOT fat living on moderate to high fat diets, or have gotten exceptionally lean eating a moderate to high fat diet. I eat ~70g of fat a day. I'm losing weight. So fat makes me fat? Oh ok.
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This is getting interesting.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options

I know .. herbivore mammals are so under nourished and scrawny .... how could they 'possibly' get enough protein from plants?../sarcasm :huh:

I bet it has nothing to do with the fact that some of them have special stomachs designed to extract nutrients from plants.
  • Wade406
    Options

But look up "Meat consumption and prospective weight change in participants of the EPIC-PANACEA study".

Results: Total meat consumption was positively associated with weight gain in men and women, in normal-weight and overweight subjects, and in smokers and nonsmokers.

"We adjusted for initial BMI, physical activity, educational level, smoking status, total energy intake, and plausible misreporting."

Did you get that? Weight gain associated with meat consumption was determined by the study EVEN AFTER CONTROLLING FOR CALORIES. That's what "total energy intake" means.

What is in meat? Protein and fat. No carbs.

I used all caps not to yell, but I don't want to take the time to mess around with bold and italics because different systems have different html code. Waste of time for me.