Options

Replies

• Flossycat100
    Options
    Another...this time from the cranberryfoods.co.uk website:

Turkey meatballs in passatta sauce

Serves 4
    Preparation Time: 12-15 minutes
    Cooking Time: 26-30 minutes (includes pasta cooking time)
    Calories Per Portion: 335
    Fat Per Portion: 8.1g

Ingredients:
    350g/12oz fresh turkey mince
    4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
    2 tbsp freshly chopped mixed herbs or 2 tsp. dried mixed herbs
    25g/1oz fresh breadcrumbs
    3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1 medium egg, beaten
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 large onion, peeled and chopped
    3 stalks of celery, trimmed and finely chopped
    350ml/12 fl oz passatta
    350g/12oz tagliatelle or similar pasta
    1 tbsp roughly shredded basil
    Freshly shaved or grated Parmesan cheese, optional

Method:
    1. Mix the turkey mince with half the crushed garlic, mixed herbs, breadcrumbs, Parmesan and seasoning. Add the egg and mix well until the mixture comes together. Form the mixture into small balls about the size of a cherry tomato.
    2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and seal the turkey balls all over. Remove from the pan and reserve. Add the onion, remaining crushed garlic with the celery and saute gently for about 8 minutes or until the onion is soft but not browned.
    3. Add the passatta to the pan and bring to the boil then reduce the heat. Return the turkey balls to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes or until the turkey is thoroughly cooked.
    4. Meanwhile cook the pasta in plenty of lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, or according to packet directions. Drain reserving 2 tbsp of the cooking liquor. Return to the pan with the cooking liquor. Add the passatta sauce and turkey balls to the pasta, stir lightly then serve immediately sprinkled with the shredded basil. If liked serve with some freshly shaved or grated Parmesan cheese.
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    And another from the same website-

Ten minute turkey with peas and leeks

Serve in bowls with crusty bread or rice to mop up all the sauce. I am also guessing the double cream can be substituted with low fat creme fraiche or similar, to lower the fat and calorie content...

Serves: 4
    Preparation time: 10 minutes
    Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
    Per serving: 387 kcals, 12g fat

Ingredients:
    300ml turkey or chicken stock
    4 skinless British turkey breast escalopes, cut into 1-2cm strips
    1 large leek, rinsed and finely chopped
    300ml double cream
    1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
    1 tbsp parsley, chopped
    225g frozen peas, cooked
    salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method:
    1. Pour the stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the turkey strips, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
    2. Lift out the turkey pieces and keep warm, then bring the stock back to a rapid boil until reduced by two thirds.
    3. Meanwhile, cook the leek in a pan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well and keep warm.
    4. Add the cream, mustard, parsley and peas to the reduced stock. Then stir in the cooked turkey and leeks and heat gently to warm through.
    5. Season well with salt and pepper and serve straight away in bowls, with boiled potatoes.
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    I'm not going to copy and paste all their recipes but also have a look at http://www.philadelphia.co.uk and click 'recipes'. There are a stack of chicken recipes in which you could substitute turkey instead- and a lot of them look really lush. No doubt if you stick to low fat versions of the Philly you can save even more cals :)
  • lovechoc11
    Options
    Thanks Flossy I love the philly site!xx
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Oooh these aren't turkey recipes at all but they're good!

Check out http://www.co-operative.coop/magazine/foodanddrink/allrecipes/

and have a look at the healthy options section- 10 nice-looking recipes! There are also low-cal options in some of the other sections so there's a heap of inspiration if you need it. I'm definitely going to try the Jambalaya......nom!
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    ...and while I'm on a roll....!

Some more healthy options at the following, many with calorie and nutrition counts-

http://www.the-gi-diet.org/recipes/

Mou this might be an option if you are looking at your carbs- Low-gi is all about the 'right' carbs :)
  • haileemou
    Options
    Thanks Flossy will check those out :)
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hey :) Only just found this :D

Im finallyabride2be on YAYW, am 9 pounds down since joining this site which came off very quick but not doing too good since !
    i had a terrific weight loss a few years back and pretty much 2 years ago weighed my lowest of 8 and a half stone , im now 11.3 ( since losing 9 pounds ) and gutted how much i have put back on ! :( 8 and a half stone was stupiddly skinny as im just over 5ft 10 but would love to be a toned 10 stone. I was really into the gym last time which i need to get into again, i lost my 11 year old brother suddenly and kinda housebound myself for a good 6 months ( and ate a hell of a lot ! ) and this is when the wate piled back on. i feel unhappy with how i look now know ing how good i felt when i lost the weight last time, and last night tried to put on a pair of reiver island size 10 trousers that i wore less tahn 2 years ago and couldnt even get them a bit over my thighs ! :o
    Heres to us all reaching our goals and helping each other on the way ! :D X
  • lizzie2190
    Options
    bump for anymore yayw brides to be xxx
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Anyone else having a TERRIBLE time this month? I've only worked out 5 times in the past 21 days and have been sneaking a holiday goodie here and there, going over my calorie goal by about 200 each day. GRR!! I'm frustrated with myself and it won't get any easier since we'll be visiting relatives over the holiday, who will have all kinds of naughty foods and no chance for exercising without appearing antisocial.:-P

Shannon
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    bump - no posts in a while!
  • mk2984
    mk2984 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hey Girls!

Can I join yous on here? I'm MrsSweeney2011 on YAYW! 208 days and counting!!! :-D
  • lizzie2190
    Options
    welcome ! :) Hows everyones planning going ? x
  • Webby1000
    Webby1000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies.
    Planning is going ok for me, the only thing that isn't at the mo, is the saving money and weight loss. Christmas costs so much, it just spirals! So we might have to forego having a honeymoon :( Fingers crossed for a lotto win!
    How's everyone else doing?
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    I want to be a smoking hot bride! A newbie on this site, and fairly recently engaged! My goal is to go dress shopping this summer and be able to pick the dress and not have the dress pick me!
  • sourapple99
    sourapple99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i'm tying the knot this September and am so excited...just joined MFP 2 days ago and i'm looking forward to all the lovely tips everyone is sharing............the count down has begun............15 pounds to go:drinker:
  • clareygb
    clareygb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for that smoking hot bride title too!! Wedding is in June 2012...starting early! Would welcome any friend additions from fellow brides/b2bs!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies...a good day today!

Only a 2.5lb gain over christmas :noway: Couldn't believe it!!!

Welcome to all the engaged newbies on this thread :flowerforyou:

Extremely low on cals today but my flu has seriously knocked my appetite :ohwell:

Thinking of starting the 30Day Shred again if anyone is interested? Only when my chest clears up though.

I know it's late, but I hope everyone has had a successful day! :flowerforyou:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    Good job, Natalie! I'm not sure how much I gained over the holiday season. I tried to eat well, but did have a few days worth of splurging in there and getting to the gym was a real challenge. I'm hoping to meet with my trainer later this week for a weight and measurement assessment.

New smoking hot Brides to Be, feel free to add me as a friend, if you wish!

Any interested wedding planning developments, ladies?

Shannon
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hiya Sweet Princess...I had the flu for a good 2 weeks (still trying to shift the chesty cough and lack of energy) so I think this must have curbed my eating!

Good Luck for your weight and measurement assessment, and no matter what...if you have put any on...you KNOW you can get it back off just as easily.

I lost a bridesmaid yesterday...she has just announced she is pregnant and has decided to step down from her role, bless her. Will still keep her involved though somehow.

We have also booked our honeymoon! :happy:

I'm currently in the process of finding out how wide our aisle is...I'm looking to buy an aisle runner soon...just waiting for our wedding co-ordinator to get back to us.

I managed an hour long walk today with the dog...hopefully I can get back to jogging next week...no use exercising with a bad chest!!

Keep going ladies..:flowerforyou: