"H20" Seriously Sexy Seven pounds of Valentines Day Week 1

Options

Replies

• roboray
    roboray Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies and gents,
    I would love to join this challenge. I'm relatively new, have had great success in the first month, but everything has come to a grinding halt. I have started to exercise and thought this might help, but nothing has shown on the scale yet. I could really use a challenge to motivate myself and beg for your help to motivate me through this patch.

Start date 3 Jan/11
    CW 166.8
    GW 154.8

three things to change: quit smoking (it kills me to admit that, since I'm a closet smoker)
    no tv or computer in the bedroom at night (stay up really late when something good is on)
    be on time for work (I'm late everyday by 10-15mins)
    I eat breakfast everyday, (whew thank God, one less thing to remind me I need help lol)
    exercise C25K and Bob's Bootcamp on alternating days
    Meditation is gonna be hard, but I can give up an hour in the month. (i'm a single mom w/3kids, 2 of which have autism, and of the 3 I have a set of twins) crazy time in my house!!!! doing something nice for myself..................................going to starbucks once a week for a latte and a read. I would be fantastic if I could join!! thanks let the challenge begin!!
  • maytanewfie
    Options
    bump
  • kattungen
    Options
    I spent more than an hour and forty-five minutes at the gym today, both walking/jogging, doing "african dancemix"-aerobics AND a power and sculpt-class. Combined I burned more than 1000 calories! :D I am so happy!

Something that makes me "not so happy" was the thirty minutes I spent at my naprapaths. He applied pressure to all my trigger-points (I have fibromyalgia) and I'm a soft ball of goo right now. Going to bed in a minute :p

Hope y'all are having a great Tuesday! :D
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Im not allowed to exercise today and because I can't I really, really want to lol
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    @ Pinky - my family are exactly the same as yours!!! I met up with a friend on Sunday, first thing she noticed was that I had lost weight. I went straight on to meet my family, and nothing!!! They know I am working really hard at being fit and healthy and losing weight yet there's absolutely no encouragement from them at all!!

So frustrating! Gah!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I can very much relate to the family issues. I just spent over a week home, and only a few noticed... but the ones that really did see a change weren't my family. I think (in my case) my family are a big part of why I got big in the first place. So one of my challenges is to learn to not seek the approval of my family, and to be happy with my weight loss for myself. It's one of my faults. As long as I seek their approval, then I'll never feel like I've done good enough. Hang in there! We all know you're doing AWESOME, and we know how hard you've worked.

I think I may be in the same boat as you, with family being a part of the problem. I too need to work on the approval seeking.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Laziness...not kicked.

Breakfast...a few sips of coffee.

Not a stellar day so far. Need to fix this!
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I think I may be in the same boat as you, with family being a part of the problem. I too need to work on the approval seeking.

Now, I don't know the inner workings of your family, but I know one member totally approves!! And me, too!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!
  • summerblunden
    Options
    Ok, so I feel like I need a sponsor, like AA. I was doing SO WELL before the holidays. Then the Hubby and I said "F it" through the holidays, because it was just too hard...and now I can NOT get back on track. I drove through TWICE today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!! I make myself sick!!

So, yeah, I need someone I can text when I'm thinking about pulling the trigger to talk me down. PM me if you're interested. I don't want to use family, or close friends, because I don't want to hear about it from them. I want someone semi-anonymous that I can vent to....
  • the1andonlyD
    Options
    I was looking for this challenge!! Im so glad I found it.!:smile: I want to join, So how do I get started? And what day of the week do we weigh in?
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I was looking for this challenge!! Im so glad I found it.!:smile: I want to join, So how do I get started? And what day of the week do we weigh in?

Welcome!!! Aprilval will post a new thread every week, they are always named the same just the week number changes. It is usually posted on Sunday. I'm not sure if we have a direct weigh in day (and I've been here from the beginning lol) but just try to post a weight on each weekly thread, the day doesn't really matter. Every week will also have a few challenges and thoughts on the first post to help you along the way.

Enjoy the "H20" group, we've been around since well before Halloween and are very supportive and fun!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Look at all these new people who have joined the H20 group.. Soo excited to see new and old faces.. :) Im happy to see the new profile pictures of the older faces.. Youve all done soooooo well.. You should be very proud.. Im still a little bit under whether but not as bad as I was. Thank goodness. My plan is to get more meds to kill this so that I can get back in the saddles.. Im hoping ot kill the 7 pounds this time,. Remove all the distractions and go full force..
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    SW: 299
    GW: 290 (going just a little past the goal)

My Three Faults:
    Self-Esteem
    How I care about what others think and say
    Stop making excuses as to why I am NOT losing weight

My Mini Pamper: Take a nice bath and get my shaving, and nail trimming, pedicure all done.. Take time to actually apply lotion instead of just getting dressed after hoping out of the shower.. Take time to do my hair in makeup instead of throwing my hair in a pony tail..

My Bad Habit to kick:
    Stop picking up the candy that they have for us at work, or when I go thru the checkout I do not need that candybar.. Say NO!

Been trying to eat Breakfast religiously.. Its been difficult but ive been trying. With this cold I havent felt like eating much.

Im gonna try to do the 30 day shred, for the course of this Valentines Challenge.. OR Im gonna do my Zumba game for wii.. Very intense.. In the beginning atleast..

Meditation isnt going to well.. Gonna try to get that into my nightly routine before bed.. :)

I would like to thank everyone for there patients and there help while Ive been sick.. I appreciate all of you for all that you do.. Im happy to see that the "H20" group is gonna survive another Weight loss Challenge.. So happy to see where its going to go this time..
  • summerblunden
    Options
    Ok, so I weighed this morning and I am down 1.2 from where I was on Sunday. That makes me feel a WHOLE lot more motivated. First loss I've seen in awhile, I think it is what I needed to get back on track!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I only go out every so often for dinner..it used to be 3x a week( and Arbys, White Castle, whatever, never the healthier choices either), but after changing my life and losing my job, it actually worked out great because I didn't have the option to go out but maybe once a month, and that was only IF we skipped a bill (so it didn't happen). For Christmas we got a gift certificate to a local place we've never been to (and no online menu) and plan on using it tonight. I won't say I'm going to be completely guilt free (because I know better), but I am eating a little throughout the day instead of 3 large meals and I'll just have to wing it on putting my dinner into my diary.

Anyway, I managed 12 glasses Mon and 16 yesterday, I was able to walk outside 2x Mon and once yesterday and
    I 'Just Dance'd 15min ago. The weather looks nice out, sun is big and bright, but that wind is crazy cold! I may not go out today, don't wanna get sick before this Saturday! I think 30DS or Leslie Sansone may be in order later today. Hope everyone is doing great this week! About 10days ago, I decided to stop tracking my sodium because I was more worried about that than ANYTHING else and the stress was driving myself and my hubby crazy. I did peek at it yesterday for all of last week, and sure I was over a day or two, but I wasn't worried the slightest. Hopefully I'll conitune making low sodium choices without obsessing over it. Take care all!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I just danced 2, erm tooo :D

I did an hour but logged it at 40mins, so happy to have the stupid heart monitor off and be able to exercise again.
  • aprildauer
    Options
    Ive gotten in both days of Insanity this week. I almost skipped last night cause my daughter kept waking up but I didn't. I went ahead and did my workout and didn't get done until midnight. So today I don't have much energy and hoping I get my workout done and everything before midnight tonight. Tonight is Cardio Power and Resistance.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Finally got the battery in my scale replaced. My SW for the challenge is 175.4, which unfortunately is 2 pounds up from my Christmas challenge end weight. :sick:

SW - 175.4
    GW - 168.4
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options

Now, I don't know the inner workings of your family, but I know one member totally approves!! And me, too!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!
    :blushing:
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am off the road now, and could use my scale again...

SW: 182.4 (up 2-ish lbs over Christmas but that ain't bad at all!)