What is your maintenance range?

Options

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Well I thought it was going to be in the 120s. Judging by the mirror and the jiggle, I'm guessing it's going to end up being in the 105-110 range. Darn my small bones and shortness! My maintenance calories will be something ridiculous like 1300 unless I figure out how to get my butt moving again.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    normally 3 to 4 pounds...
    birthdays and holidays as much as 6 pounds.

6' 0" 173 pounds
    54 y.o.
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2". My current range is between 110 to 115 lbs. Currently 113 lbs. I hope to gradually gain more muscle (don't mine if I weigh more) as I lift progressively heavier weights.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Any advice on how to maintain?

consume a maintenance level of calories for your given activity level.
    And never consider yourself "done".
  • MsPantherNPink
    MsPantherNPink Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm, 5'91/2 and big boned. I once got down to around 160 and my friends and family actually told me I looked sick. So now when I get back down to around 180-185 I will be satisfied with that.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 25" waist 36" hips and maintain at 127-129.

I've been bulking and cutting and I used to be the same size at a much lower weight.

It's weird being the same weight as before when I had a much higher body fat and a few more inches on my lower half. I try not to forget that when I weigh myself.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my goal is 105 lbs (small frame). I'm about 1/2 pound from getting to my goal (the tickers don't register partial pounds!) and my maintenance range will be 104-106.
  • MdmeYellalot
    MdmeYellalot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and have lost 3 and a half stone, maintaining for over a year at 142 + 5. Currently 146 so am at the top end and know I need to keep an eye on it.
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I got down to my goal weight of 50kg (110lbs) but since then have gained a couple lbs, I weigh in always between 50kg-55kg (110lbs-121kg) Is this an okay maintenance range? I'm 5'1 tall as well.

What is your maintenance range?

i keep skimming this and all i read was
    5'1" 121kg
    is this okay?

i was like 0.0

umm you probably should lose some weight
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Any advice on how to maintain?

consume a maintenance level of calories for your given activity level.
    And never consider yourself "done".
    This is an excellent point. In order to maintain, most people need to stay aware of how many calories they are eating. Sometimes I find maintenance more difficult than losing weight, and other times I find it easier. Just depends on the day.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have been at maintenance a little over a year now and always try to keep between 3 - 5lbs.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    My goal range is 125 - 130. I'm 5'4" and 67 years old.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    My range is between 105-110. If I go below 105, my face starts to look gaunt (the perils of being over 40). If I go over 112, I try to cut back on the noshing. I wouldn't mind if I went above 110 if I was gaining muscle. My current body fat percentage is 19-22% (according to the Tanita scale and depending on time of day/month and what I've eaten/drank). I am a little under 5'3" with a small frame.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I'm, 5'91/2 and big boned. I once got down to around 160 and my friends and family actually told me I looked sick. So now when I get back down to around 180-185 I will be satisfied with that.

I'm 53 years old and at 5' 9", the 165-170 the charts say is just too thin, The lowest I've been in the last 10 years was 182 and people thought I had been ill. My doc and I set my goal at 195 as a number I can reach and maintain. I'd to get to 192 because 30 pounds is a nice round number and will give me a little leeway. I've never actually made it to maintenance because when I was in Weight Watchers my goal was so low that I burned out before I got there. (4 times!) I have 15 lbs. to go now and the thought of maintenance both thrills and terrifies me! But this time it is for life and I will do it with the help of MFP.
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm usually maintaining at +/- 5lbs between 128-133. I'm trying maintain between 127-130 currently right now after ballooning back up to 138, from eating terribly for about ... 3 weeks. I'm 5'7
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.25" and I try to maintain between 126-129, but I've bounced from 125-131 since entering maintenance for a number of reasons.

I have a medium-sized frame so many people don't think it's a good look for me. I think it's more that my weight loss seemed to be more "severe" from the top half of my body (which looks like bones) than the bottom half (which still looks flabby and much bigger because genetically, I won some nice cankles/huge calves.)

Ah well. You can't choose where you want the weight to come off. I eat at least 2K/day and I don't work out (aside from walking) so whatever.
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my maintenance range is 130-135. I'm at 138 right now, and have been holding around 136-138 for a few weeks, so I'm buckling down to get back to my "happy place." At my lowest I was 127 and it just didn't feel right.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Male
    5'10"-5'11"
    upper small/lower medium frame
    150-160lbs is my intended maintenance range.

That might be higher if I decide to bulk up a bit after hitting my goal weight and bodyfat percentage.
  • ealaniz2
    ealaniz2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    From 130 - 137
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My maintenance range is 146lbs I'm currently 145lbs and 5'5