Official "Get Friends" Thread

Options

Replies

• Boxing987
    Boxing987 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    hey all I am looking to get in boxing shape and thought I would check this site out to give ideas....best of luck to all of you trying to meet your goals
  • Boxing987
    Boxing987 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    anyone else training for boxing?
  • fiferjim
    fiferjim Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Scotland based calorie logger, log in daily and comment and like copiously ...
  • any_chiwawa
    any_chiwawa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello.

My name is Anaja and I'm new here. I'm on my diet for 18 days now and i feel great. I'm looking for new friends:D I hope that we will encourage each other and of course drop the kg we want to drop :wink: . By this day i lost 2 kg...i want to loose 10kg till my bitrhday(17.6.)...I hope i'll make it, because i want to wear my dress and look perfect in it :D I also decided that i won't eat any sugary things or bread, rice, potatoes,... till than. So it has to work:D My plan is -20kg till october...anyways...this is my way of life now, and i'll do this for the rest of my life. :D i'm old enaugh to do smart decisions with food finnaly :mrgreen:

Sooooo...how you're doin?:)
  • Tic150
    Tic150 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello! ^_^
    I'm looking to get fit, lose about 10 pounds (5 kg).
    Add me. :)
  • Army_Of_One
    Army_Of_One Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends in all the wrong places . . . hmmm . . . or I want friends in low places where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues away and I'll be okay . . . Or just some friends would be nice . . .

They say that having more friends here helps take the weight off. Would care to to help me test that theory?
  • superdeluxxx
    Options
    Hi! I'm based in the UK, log in daily and I'm trying to improve my strength and fitness and lose a bit of weight at the same time. I've been struggling slightly having just been diagnosed with hypothyroidism but I'm getting there.

Feel free to add me!
  • GrahamHorganOnline
    GrahamHorganOnline Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi from Ireland. :)

I`m new here and need some friends that logs on regularly and help motivate each other. :)

Please add me if you`re up for reaching our goals together. :)
  • boomkattack
    boomkattack Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi I'm Dee! I'm 28 and just joined MFP. I'm a college student majoring in nutrition (yay!).
    I'm trying to clean up my diet and incorporate more exercise in my day. Looking to lose 8 lbs or so
    and to maintain it. :)
  • sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Options
    I am at about 210 pounds and my goal weight is 150 pounds. Feel free to add me
  • CurcuitRunner
    Options
    I'm recovering from a running injury , anyone can add me thanks :-)
  • TheIrish1981
    TheIrish1981 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Would sincerely appreciate anyone that will add me and support me in my journey to FIT! ... In turn I will always offer my support to you =)

I log in daily
  • scottiebgood
    Options
    I'm Scott,yes I wear my Kilt on occasion...any takers on a Kilt wearing friend? I just returned after a long break.
    I live in Longview,Washington
  • Batesey35
    Batesey35 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm UK based and looking to lose 30lb or so, I'm just going to work through this post and randomly add lots of you lovely people for support xx

Any new or experienced runners would be very welcome friends (but not a prerequisite!) :flowerforyou:
  • BMub
    BMub Posts: 5
    Options
    i'm up for some more friends,
  • Dylllie
    Dylllie Posts: 72
    Options
    Hiya! Add me (:
  • Jordyn296
    Jordyn296 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for new friends and it would be nice to have some who can relate to losing weight without them having making you feel bad for having so much to lose I have about 50 more pounds to lose feel free to add me or message me :-)
  • Hi All

I've been really active on MFP and have lost 12lbs over the past few months. Fell off the wagon the past few weeks.

I actually found that making a new account and fresh start may get me back into it...

But I would like to add friends for mutual peer support - but if possible people who are in it for similar reasons to me...

I am aiming to lose weight, yes, but most importantly... it's about improving my relationship with food. as you'll see from my username I'm an emotional eater. I have problems with my mental health, and I turn to food too easily.

So my reason for being here is not primarily about how much I weight / gain or lose, but about my relationship with food.

I'll be honest, on my last account, I was often frustrated as I felt like those who commented on my statuses often had very different aims to me and their comments reflected this... I am not just focused on numbers, but on having a healthy lifestyle and improving my relationship with food... if you are in it for similar reasons, please do feel free to add me :)
  • thelastcenturion
    thelastcenturion Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Aaron and I've actually been on MFP for a while now. I'm fairly active on here chiming in from time to time or giving "likes." Having more friends to motivate you would be great! Only about half my MFP friends are actually active right now so it'd be great to fill up my dashboard with more activity :D Feel free to add me!!
  • TriMom1
    TriMom1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just came back on-line! I think it's been 14 months or so since I've logged in. How do I add a friend? Thanks!