30 day unbiased Shakeology review

Options

Replies

• lesliekay96
    lesliekay96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have used shakeology on and off for about 6 months, it wasn't until about 2 weeks ago that I have stuck with it on a daily basis and I have lost 6.4lbs. I agree it takes away the sweets and fast food cravings. I am have 30 lbs to go, I am trying to get more exercise in and I am sure that will help with an even better result, but I have to give cudos to shakeology for helping me start off on the right track!
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Out of my own curiosity, I want to try the new strawberry flavor. How can I try this without getting a whole month's supply? I was extremely disappointed with vanilla.

You can go on BB website and get a sample of all their flavors. I think it is $20.00. I love chocolate, but do not like chocolate Shakology. I love the strawbery.
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Since I have been consistently using Shakology, it has killed all my cravings for junk food, and sugar. I have more energy. I think it is expensive, but so worth it. Considering what I use to spend on junk food, it probably pays for itself.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I see people claim partial or complete junk food cravings when they use Shakeology. I don't see how this could work beyond a placebo effect (assuming you don't have a conflict of interest i.e. being a "coach"). I've been drinking Shakeology once a day for two weeks and my junk food cravings are still the same.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I see people claim partial or complete junk food cravings when they use Shakeology. I don't see how this could work beyond a placebo effect (assuming you don't have a conflict of interest i.e. being a "coach"). I've been drinking Shakeology once a day for two weeks and my junk food cravings are still the same.

It doesn't. You could put a slice of baloney in your shoe and get the same effect--if you believed in the baloney.

And a lot of people do.
  • Lanet27
    Lanet27 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone...

If you want to satisfy your hunger, try green smoothies. These are mix of mostly Kale and Spinach with other fruits and mixtures. I started doing whole food smoothies with recipes form the simple green smoothies website (http://simplegreensmoothies.com) and they work fine. There may be more websites out there with recipes for smoothies, or you can just make up some yourself.

I like to mix higher amounts of leafy greens with slightly less amount of fruits on the shakes I make for myself, b/c the green smoothies @ simplegreesmoothies.com website tend to have quite a bit of calories...
  • sunsheen25
    sunsheen25 Posts: 3
    Options
    I know this is an old original unbiased post but nevertheless I appreciate it.
    I just received my mixed berry and thoroughly disappointed on the taste and now I am mad.
    But maybe there is hope if I can find what I can mix with it to make it more palatable to me.
    IF anyone has suggestions please please forward-too much $$$ spent to allow it to go to waste. :-(
  • sunsheen25
    Options
    well for me...I tend to unintentionally skip meals or run out of time to prepare one. I am working on trying to prepare and freeze but need a deep freezer as current freezer space in fridge is too small :-(
    Considering I try to use "fresh" things then I have to wait for the meat to thaw or if I get produce and it stays too long it spoils before I can get to it.
    I just need a chef :-) I miss my grandmothers...I could always get a good meal at one of their houses!
  • sunsheen25
    Options
    I like to know what you recommend. I do not intend on purchasing another pack.
    Thank you!:happy:
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I love Shakeology. I am a Coach, but a new one. I tried Shakeology when it first came out and I hated it. I am not a fan of chocolate, so I assumed it wasn't for me. Now that it comes in other flavors, it is how I start my day. I buy Vanilla. Today's shake was a 1/2 cup of orange juice, 1/2 cup of water, scoop of vanilla and a clementine and it was awesome. I sometimes use Coconut water as my base for its added benefits.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

I have been a Coach for a week and back on Shakeology for just over a week. If that invalidates my opinion fine, but it has helped with my cravings. My birthday was this past weekend and at my dinner party there was an entire Red Velvet Cake. I had a slice, i mean it is my birthday, of course I will have cake. But the rest of the cake we brought home and I didn't eat it. My husband ate it in front of me and I didn't care. Normally I would be about to lose my mind. Granted, I am an emotional eater and I was in a good space, so no need to fill any void with food. Still Red Velvet Cake is one of my favorite things on the planet and I passed on it. That never happens.
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I really think the controlled cravings may be a result of the "green" stuff in shakeology. I started drinking Raw Meal and it has the same effects on me.
  • mochoita
    mochoita Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks a lot!!! :), I am about to get mine!:flowerforyou:
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great review. I am hoping to read all of the other posted replies later.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    this is my unbiased take on the nutritional quality of the shake, for the price that they charge they should be using a much higher quality form of vitamins, they use mostly the cheaper versions, esp B12 (Shakeology uses cyanocobalamin, the cheapest form of it, and has much poorer absorbility then other forms), also for the price and it being touted as a MRP, why they would use whey vs a blend or something like micellar casein(micellar casein and blends happen to cost more) and the anti oxidents and other stuff they threw in there see to be underdosed

I am new to this healthy lifestyle thing and I'm open to suggestions. This is the first shake I've ever tried (other than slimfast about 10 yrs ago :laugh: )
    Do you have recommendations for something better? I like what I have so far but if something works better for others I'm interested...

Just be sure whoever is suggesting other MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKES to you are suggesting just that. Protein powder is not a meal replacement shake. It basically just gives you more protein for the day. I really hate it when people compare the two as they aren't in the same category.
  • topazsag
    topazsag Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting your unbiased review I've been searching everywhere and all I can seem to find is ones that are promoted by beach body! I just bought a couple of the exercise DVDs but I still want to eat all the time. I was hoping that Shakeology would help me with that.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting your unbiased review I've been searching everywhere and all I can seem to find is ones that are promoted by beach body! I just bought a couple of the exercise DVDs but I still want to eat all the time. I was hoping that Shakeology would help me with that.

I take it you didn't read the rest of the thread then?
  • lindseyfrese
    Options
    I bought a nutri bullet and tried the whole "make your own shakes with fruits, veggies, and protein powder" thing...epic fail!! The consistency was horrible, the flavor was gross...btw...ground chia seeds are so nasty!!!

A friend of mine is a beachbody coach and sent me some samples of shakeology and I decided to join and get the turbofire/shakeology package. I started drinking the shakeology daily about 10 days ago. The first day I was seriously amazed by it. I had a vanilla shake in the morning, not my best attempt at mixing/blending, but it was still decent. Then I had a sandwich and crackers for lunch, and a small dinner. I wasn't hungry...it was great!

Prior to starting shakeology, I was having a cup of yogurt with almonds for breakfast, then a mid morning snack, then lunch, then an afternoon snack and I'm starving for supper by 5:00, and usually had dessert too. I do 1 scoop of shakeology, 1 1/3 cups milk, 1 tablespoon of powdered peanut butter and ice so it's a larger shake but now that 10 days have passed, it's not keeping me full like it was before. I go maybe 2-3 hours now before my stomach starts growling. I figured the peanut butter would have the extra protein to keep me full but not lately.

I definitely think my sweet and junk food cravings have gone WAY down. I always wanted chocolate after lunch and now I eat, pop in a piece of gum and I'm good to go. My boyfriend is a huge dessert fan and I've passed it up pretty much every night in the last 10 days, aside from an all fruit popsicle one night just to try it out.

It is expensive and I'm not sure how long I can keep purchasing it, but when I think about how much I was spending on my yogurt, almonds, protein bars for snacks, and other junk I was eating through the day, it is probably saving me money in the long run. Now I just have to buy milk and powdered peanut butter for my shakes. I haven't lost any weight with the shakeology yet, but that's my fault. I don't eat much in the way of fruits and veggies, I'm a meat/potatoes/pasta type of girl and my portions are too big, so I'm working at introducing healthier foods in my diet and get back to normal sized portions. I haven't been able to work out due to injury so when I get back on track, I hope to see some great results.
  • MaxineMaria
    Options
    This was very helpful. Thank you.
  • ahtbaker
    ahtbaker Posts: 1
    Options
    What do people have to say about just using a protein powder (I have started using Garden of Life brown rice Raw protein powder) - thinking it may work the same way~!