Giving your body no choice but to burn fat daily

Options

Replies

• George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Long story short--- With my intent to be helpful and the results was being trashed and abused, I have really lost all concern for this thread. I have heard nothing but insults instead if actual criticism. I will not make the mistake of trying to be helpful on this forum again. Thank you for this awful lesson that couldn't of been performed in a more childish way. You guys are absolutely amazing and I'm sure with the lives you lead you perform this act daily. Enjoy this amongst yourselves at the cost of someone else's well being. And thank you for being a part of the worlds problem. :)

tumblr_inline_mssrsxeJ5N1qz4rgp.gif
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/04/animal-protein-diets-smoking-meat-eggs-dairy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102327

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/03/04/285879644/eat-plants-and-prosper-for-longevity-go-easy-on-the-meat-study-says

Okay, maybe I misremembered the grams of protein needed (not that I have been measuring), but the point being is we need a lot less than what we have been led to believe. Not to mention the source of where you get that protein.

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.php
    So most journals of medicine and science will agree about .08 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. I think you mixed the .08 gram with 8 grams total. Understandable mistake. Now about that hot tub cardio...................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Didin't it say 0.8 not 0.08 grams per KG? of she would be close as you would have to weight 100kgs to get 8 grams of protien if you only needed .08, but 0.8 would be 80 grams.
    Sorry, I put in too many zeros. My bad. 0.8 is CORRECT.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

http://www.olympichottub.com/health/cardiovascular.html

This is the thread that just keeps on giving.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Long story short--- With my intent to be helpful and the results was being trashed and abused, I have really lost all concern for this thread. I have heard nothing but insults instead if actual criticism. I will not make the mistake of trying to be helpful on this forum again. Thank you for this awful lesson that couldn't of been performed in a more childish way. You guys are absolutely amazing and I'm sure with the lives you lead you perform this act daily. Enjoy this amongst yourselves at the cost of someone else's well being. And thank you for being a part of the worlds problem. :)

I am going to be kind for a moment. Many of us here devote a lot of time towards furthering our understanding of nutrition and fitness. In order to seperate the crap information from the good information, we have to be skeptical. Many of the things you posted are things that have been refuted with good science so many times that it usually isnt even worth a debate, hence the sarcasm.

It is very easy to believe misinformation about nutrition when you have not spent much time learning about it.

However, I would love for you to stick around and learn. Everyone is wrong sometimes, but when you eat crow and admit you were wrong, you gain a lot of wisdom and can move forward and continue learning.
  • weightabllodyminute
    Options
    How is sitting in a hot tub considered cardio? :huh:

i think *kitten* is implied.

Didn't know what that meant!! But that would do something...:sick:

I made the mistake of looking up what it meant , no more hot tubs for me :happy:
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    How is sitting in a hot tub considered cardio? :huh:

i'm glad i'm not the only one who caught this.

I want to meet the person who sits in a hot tub for 60 minutes for the express purpose of burning 50 calories.

I think its safe to say that the only cardio happening in a hot tub is sex. :wink: :laugh: Now with that being said, who wants do some cardio? :drinker:

60 minutes?

:wink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    How am I seeing results, consistent results to my findings if it's all bull****?

Simple. You have consistently ate at a deficit for a given period of time.

But I feel better than ever...

Well who could argue with that kind of scientific evidence?

Why would you argue my personal experience?

Why would any of you bother to read this or post if its all hokey? Was it your goal to make me feel terrible?

you're going to take your lumps for the OP. but keep an open mind and don't take it personally. take this as an opportunity to learn. the things you're doing aren't necessarily all wrong. some of them work, but for different reasons than you think. some of them have no effect. and some things you're doing should be changed so that you can optimize your own results.

so laugh when you can. ask for clarifications. don't take it personally. don't get defensive. we all started with some misplaced notions about weight loss, nutrition, and fitness when we started. it's not a crime to be wrong. it's only a crime to refuse to change your views when presented with evidence that they are not correct.

some of the people who you might think are huge jerks right now would actually be more than happy to point you in the right direction to find peer-reviewed science that you can read for your own enlightenment and would be happy to answer any questions you still have, until you're satisfied that maybe what they're saying is correct afterall.

i don't mean this to sound patronizing either. you're new here. you posted some stuff that has been posted and debunked many times before. the response you're getting is a sort of "whack-a-mole" response to the need to keep rebutting bad information on the forums. if you understand this, it's easier to not see these as personal attacks.

Damn you.
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    There's really no proof that starvation mode exist. Most research that I've seen reveals a very small change in metabolism when following a VLCD - not saying it's a good idea, but just saying I haven't bought into starvation mode as an actual thing. I may over simplify it, but I've never seen an over weight starving person. Skinnyfat? yes, but not over weight. If your body is going to hold on to fat and calories, I think it would need more than what a VLCD contains. A lot of binge/purge eaters are over weight for this reason - their body has something to reach and hold on to, while starvation diets don't do well to provide that. That's just my opinion, and just from what I've seen.

When someone isn't losing and they are told to eat more I see two things happening; 1) they give up, because of the initial gain 2) or they being to lose, but it seems that with increased cals, comes increased activity, because folks just try harder when their not doing well, some do anyway.

That doesn't go to say that lower carb, high protein diets are bad or that you can't eat more on them - your body just reacts differently, which comes to the point that not all calories are the same.

You're right, there are a lot of peeps here or are troll masters!
    It's the worst support community on any site I've seen - I just stick to my personal friends on here for advice and discussion.
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Also my friend who is in medical school showed me in one of his medical books that a hot tub (being that it's hot) will work the cardiovascular system
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options

You called us "retards." Not sure where you are from, but in almost every place, it's just not cool. Posting inaccurate information is not helping or trying to help. It actually does the opposite. We all jumped into this thread because we knew what it would contain just from reading the title. We can't have newer members reading bad information and then following what you outlined. What if someone read this and actually only consumed 8 grams of protein a day? That would be very detrimental to their health. Threads should be written only if you have question or have sources to back up your statements. "Hey it worked for me" is not a valid source.

Also, I sniff flowers every hour and am in a calorie deficit. But WAIT it must be the flowers that are causing me to lose weight. That pretty much sums up your thread.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/04/animal-protein-diets-smoking-meat-eggs-dairy

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/03/04/285879644/eat-plants-and-prosper-for-longevity-go-easy-on-the-meat-study-says

Okay, maybe I misremembered the grams of protein needed (not that I have been measuring), but the point being is we need a lot less than what we have been led to believe. Not to mention the source of where you get that protein.

So most journals of medicine and science will agree about .08 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. I think you mixed the .08 gram with 8 grams total. Understandable mistake. Now about that hot tub cardio...................

IDEA Fitness member

Didin't it say 0.8 not 0.08 grams per KG? of she would be close as you would have to weight 100kgs to get 8 grams of protien if you only needed .08, but 0.8 would be 80 grams.

IDEA Fitness member

Its a hot tub company and they sold you hook, line and sinker.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    This is what I have done to turn myself into a fat burning machine: eat fat.

Me too
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Why don't people post this crap to their own little MFP blog? Why put it in the main forum where are the noobs are reading?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Intent is fine, just make sure that information is correct. Anecdotes aren't evidence or else every "event" that someone states happened to them would be considered truth.
    You're just taking it personally. Smile and chalk it up to learning something new. Hell even I've been wrong on here a few times and glad I was corrected.

IDEA Fitness member
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

it's getting really hard to hide my laughter at work.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

4. Cardio

I hate cardio more than anything! but no one can deny it's fat burning abilities. Adding some cardio a few times a week will also promote extra fat burning, but will not burn fat daily unless performed daily. It is not needed to see results, but will add to the results. If you have a hot tub, try at least sitting in that as often as possible for some light cardio.
    This just passed the mini-trampoline as my favoritest MFP miracle exercise EVAH!!!
    Bro... Do you even tub?

Emma-Stones-Hysterical-Laugh-Gif.gif

That thread was forum gold.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    popcorn2.gif I'm just tagging so I can read the rest of this later.
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There's really no proof that starvation mode exist. Most research that I've seen reveals a very small change in metabolism when following a VLCD - not saying it's a good idea, but just saying I haven't bought into starvation mode as an actual thing. I may over simplify it, but I've never seen an over weight starving person. Skinnyfat? yes, but not over weight. If your body is going to hold on to fat and calories, I think it would need more than what a VLCD contains. A lot of binge/purge eaters are over weight for this reason - their body has something to reach and hold on to, while starvation diets don't do well to provide that. That's just my opinion, and just from what I've seen.

When someone isn't losing and they are told to eat more I see two things happening; 1) they give up, because of the initial gain 2) or they being to lose, but it seems that with increased cals, comes increased activity, because folks just try harder when their not doing well, some do anyway.

That doesn't go to say that lower carb, high protein diets are bad or that you can't eat more on them - your body just reacts differently, which comes to the point that not all calories are the same.

You're right, there are a lot of peeps here or are troll masters!
    It's the worst support community on any site I've seen - I just stick to my personal friends on here for advice and discussion.

Thank you for your real response... I will look into that
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I KNOW THAT YOU MEANT WELL, OP.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

This is a site selling hot tubs, it's stating they are safer than previously thought for people with heart problem...
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later, so I'll have some entertainment after I eat my.....8 grams of protein:huh: for lunch :wink:
This discussion has been closed.