Giving your body no choice but to burn fat daily

Options

Replies

• lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    In to find out how to be a fat burning machine!
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Why don't people post this crap to their own little MFP blog? Why put it in the main forum where are the noobs are reading?
    cause I'm a noob
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Also my friend who is in medical school showed me in one of his medical books that a hot tub (being that it's hot) will work the cardiovascular system

tumblr_m7qoofAwvx1rvzwqko4_250_zpscdb730d5.gif
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    It's medically proven we ingest too much protein in our diets and it has lead to some awful diseases, but at the very least it contains animal fat.

What? Okay where to even begin.

1. It has most certainly NOT been " medically proven" that EVERYONES diet is high on protein, to tell everyone in a broad sweeping statement that their protein intake is too high is completely without merit and unethical. If anything I'd say the problem with macro balance I see most often is not enough protein but of course it varies individual to individual and its ridiculous to claim that there is one macro imbalance that everyone shares and this has been "medically proven".

2. Not all protein contains animal fat. Do peanuts contain animal fat? Almonds? Soy? Broccoli? For that matter what is wrong with animal fat?

3. What "awful diseases" does protein intake lead to? Name one.

Really this is just one of many, MANY statements in this post that are just completely wrong and off the wall. I'm sorry OP but most of what you said is complete unsubstantiated or actually disproven hokum and I'm not sure where you got it from.
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    How do you even science... ?

jgff.gif
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Damn. I need to stop eating protein and get a hot tub. After all, protein shakes are basically steroids.

:laugh:
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/04/animal-protein-diets-smoking-meat-eggs-dairy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102327

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/03/04/285879644/eat-plants-and-prosper-for-longevity-go-easy-on-the-meat-study-says

Okay, maybe I misremembered the grams of protein needed (not that I have been measuring), but the point being is we need a lot less than what we have been led to believe. Not to mention the source of where you get that protein.

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.php
    So most journals of medicine and science will agree about .08 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. I think you mixed the .08 gram with 8 grams total. Understandable mistake. Now about that hot tub cardio...................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Didin't it say 0.8 not 0.08 grams per KG? of she would be close as you would have to weight 100kgs to get 8 grams of protien if you only needed .08, but 0.8 would be 80 grams.
    Sorry, I put in too many zeros. My bad. 0.8 is CORRECT.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

http://www.olympichottub.com/health/cardiovascular.html

This is a site selling hot tubs, it's stating they are safer than previously thought for people with heart problem...

OMFG... just google it your damn selves. I'm sick of proving myself to you monsters...
  • akh1981
    akh1981 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    8 grams of protein, hot tub cardio and calling everyone the r-word. Awesome post. :huh:

Excellent summary.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Also my friend who is in medical school showed me in one of his medical books that a hot tub (being that it's hot) will work the cardiovascular system
    doesnt make it cardio

i take fish oil and multivitamins that are good for my heart, is that considered cardio?
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Long story short--- With my intent to be helpful and the results was being trashed and abused, I have really lost all concern for this thread. I have heard nothing but insults instead if actual criticism. I will not make the mistake of trying to be helpful on this forum again. Thank you for this awful lesson that couldn't of been performed in a more childish way. You guys are absolutely amazing and I'm sure with the lives you lead you perform this act daily. Enjoy this amongst yourselves at the cost of someone else's well being. And thank you for being a part of the worlds problem. :)

I am going to be kind for a moment. Many of us here devote a lot of time towards furthering our understanding of nutrition and fitness. In order to seperate the crap information from the good information, we have to be skeptical. Many of the things you posted are things that have been refuted with good science so many times that it usually isnt even worth a debate, hence the sarcasm.

It is very easy to believe misinformation about nutrition when you have not spent much time learning about it.

However, I would love for you to stick around and learn. Everyone is wrong sometimes, but when you eat crow and admit you were wrong, you gain a lot of wisdom and can move forward and continue learning.

You are getting some important feedback here, along with people having a bit of fun.

You have had some good results and should be proud of them. You got the results because you are doing some things right. However, the conclusions you are drawing and posting are incorrect on a number of fronts. If others took some of your points seriously, it could hinder their own efforts. People are jumping in to correct the inaccuracies.

When you got very defensive and insulting, you brought on a lot of extra criticism. Take a moment to step back and perhaps learn something from this, rather than going off in a huff.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/04/animal-protein-diets-smoking-meat-eggs-dairy

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/03/04/285879644/eat-plants-and-prosper-for-longevity-go-easy-on-the-meat-study-says

Okay, maybe I misremembered the grams of protein needed (not that I have been measuring), but the point being is we need a lot less than what we have been led to believe. Not to mention the source of where you get that protein.

So most journals of medicine and science will agree about .08 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. I think you mixed the .08 gram with 8 grams total. Understandable mistake. Now about that hot tub cardio...................

IDEA Fitness member

Didin't it say 0.8 not 0.08 grams per KG? of she would be close as you would have to weight 100kgs to get 8 grams of protien if you only needed .08, but 0.8 would be 80 grams.

IDEA Fitness member

Sorry, but there's no PEER REVIEWED clinical study that shows sitting in the hot tub is cardiovascular exercise. An article from a seller is just selling fodder especially when there's no proof to back it up.

IDEA Fitness member
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing this "medically proven" and "scientifically proven" statement but where's the science?

It's scientifically proven that MFP needs a sex cardio option.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Long story short--- With my intent to be helpful and the results was being trashed and abused, I have really lost all concern for this thread. I have heard nothing but insults instead if actual criticism. I will not make the mistake of trying to be helpful on this forum again. Thank you for this awful lesson that couldn't of been performed in a more childish way. You guys are absolutely amazing and I'm sure with the lives you lead you perform this act daily. Enjoy this amongst yourselves at the cost of someone else's well being. And thank you for being a part of the worlds problem. :)

Being ignorant and arrogant is the worst combination of traits.

You got called out for posting really silly nonsensical information. Instead of taking a big slice of humble pie and realizing that your knowledge is poor, you went on to name-call others.

This is on you. Time to grow up now.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Ok, ok. Enough of the pile on, I think the OP gets it now.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Okay now you are just trolling.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    There's really no proof that starvation mode exist. Most research that I've seen reveals a very small change in metabolism when following a VLCD - not saying it's a good idea, but just saying I haven't bought into starvation mode as an actual thing. I may over simplify it, but I've never seen an over weight starving person. Skinnyfat? yes, but not over weight. If your body is going to hold on to fat and calories, I think it would need more than what a VLCD contains. A lot of binge/purge eaters are over weight for this reason - their body has something to reach and hold on to, while starvation diets don't do well to provide that. That's just my opinion, and just from what I've seen.

When someone isn't losing and they are told to eat more I see two things happening; 1) they give up, because of the initial gain 2) or they being to lose, but it seems that with increased cals, comes increased activity, because folks just try harder when their not doing well, some do anyway.

That doesn't go to say that lower carb, high protein diets are bad or that you can't eat more on them - your body just reacts differently, which comes to the point that not all calories are the same.

You're right, there are a lot of peeps here or are troll masters!
    It's the worst support community on any site I've seen - I just stick to my personal friends on here for advice and discussion.

You know, I didn't start losing very consistently until I starting listening to some of these "trolls" on here and reading and taking their advice supported by science.
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    *forehead slap* It's proven we only need 8 grams of protein a day which is in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. But I'm not arguing with ignorance... it only proves to be mind numbingly annoying.

Weird, almost all of the math I can find says I need 8 grams of protein an hour.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Why would you argue my personal experience?

Why would any of you bother to read this or post if its all hokey? Was it your goal to make me feel terrible?

Because posting "hokey" as you put it is just as harmful as all those fad diets out there promoted by Dr. Oz. Newbies that start today might read your post and actually believe you. Posting that you only need need 8g of protein a day (2 tbsp of peanut butter) is HARMFUL.

Then trying to backpedal and say that this is all stuff you've researched, then failing to provide such research, then finally posting research that is opposite of what you state. We can't help ourselves when you serve it up so nicely.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing this "medically proven" and "scientifically proven" statement but where's the science?

It's scientifically proven that MFP needs a sex cardio option.

OP did, in fact, post a link to some actual science earlier. Unfortunately, it pretty much directly contradicted what she said.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

This is a site selling hot tubs, it's stating they are safer than previously thought for people with heart problem...

OMFG... just google it your damn selves. I'm sick of proving myself to you monsters...

We are now:

R-words
    As*holes
    and now monsters!

I'm actually disappointed. Monsters is really underwhelming considering what you started with.
This discussion has been closed.