Giving your body no choice but to burn fat daily

Options

Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    i build muscle and iam defenately at a deficit :0 by 400-700 and loosing pounds idk much about (surplus) an amount of something left over when requirements have been met; an excess of production or supply over demand. more than what is needed or used; excess. <
  • liveonce2014
    liveonce2014 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This. OP: Take it from a relative newbie ... there is a wealth of information readily available from others on MFP ... study up and then jump in. Or just ask for help. We're all trying to get to a better place.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry you guys feel the need to turn someone's success story tips into your own troll-a-thon. Seriously, find something better to do, like working on your poor attitudes. I have just realized this community is full of disrespectful jerks and no longer would like to be a part of it. Enjoy your days and fill yourselves with pride, you have earned it... obviously.

And instead of questioning what I wrote, why don't you do a little research.

In the words of yoda "A bunch of retards you are"

Want to talk about DISRESPECTFUL!?! Have you ever even MET a mentally handicapped person!? If you did you probably wouldn't use the term Retard in a derogatory manner.

So please check yo' self before ya wreck yo' self!

Yep that word is not allowed to be used in our house...my sister is a special ed teacher and gets very offended and rightfully so when she hears someone use that word.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/04/animal-protein-diets-smoking-meat-eggs-dairy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102327

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/03/04/285879644/eat-plants-and-prosper-for-longevity-go-easy-on-the-meat-study-says

Okay, maybe I misremembered the grams of protein needed (not that I have been measuring), but the point being is we need a lot less than what we have been led to believe. Not to mention the source of where you get that protein.

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.php
    So most journals of medicine and science will agree about .08 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. I think you mixed the .08 gram with 8 grams total. Understandable mistake. Now about that hot tub cardio...................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Didin't it say 0.8 not 0.08 grams per KG? of she would be close as you would have to weight 100kgs to get 8 grams of protien if you only needed .08, but 0.8 would be 80 grams.
    Sorry, I put in too many zeros. My bad. 0.8 is CORRECT.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

http://www.olympichottub.com/health/cardiovascular.html

This is a site selling hot tubs, it's stating they are safer than previously thought for people with heart problem...

OMFG... just google it your damn selves. I'm sick of proving myself to you monsters...

imagesq=tbn:ANd9GcQS4rdLh0QwWT8ajj2CfbBcP1cW2mUBykVAwHh4awvYnGEvrwwTNw
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Ok, ok. Enough of the pile on, I think the OP gets it now.

She just posted a very informational link

of a website selling hot tubs...
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry you guys feel the need to turn someone's success story tips into your own troll-a-thon. Seriously, find something better to do, like working on your poor attitudes. I have just realized this community is full of disrespectful jerks and no longer would like to be a part of it. Enjoy your days and fill yourselves with pride, you have earned it... obviously.

And instead of questioning what I wrote, why don't you do a little research.

In the words of yoda "A bunch of retards you are"

The r word!!!! Bye bye hope the door doesn't kick you in the *kitten*
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    How is sitting in a hot tub considered cardio? :huh:

If the water isn't too hot, and you set on the jets just right....
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    *flips middle finger... tosses joint*

I'm out ****kkkkkers!

And to those select reasonable responses, thanks for trying to help me, but this days of our lives crap is just too much for me. Reminds me too much of high school.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    i build muscle and iam defenately at a deficit :0 by 400-700 and loosing pounds idk much about surplus an amount of something left over when requirements have been met; an excess of production or supply over demand. more than what is needed or used; excess. but iam not on it

Why do you believe that you are building muscle despite losing weight?
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have an issue with the inaccuracy of this post if it wasn't presented in such a matter-of-fact way. People who aren't actually educated on nutrition and fitness yet will take this as solid info-- which it is not.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Also my friend who is in medical school showed me in one of his medical books that a hot tub (being that it's hot) will work the cardiovascular system

This will completely change how I train for my next marathon.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Also my friend who is in medical school showed me in one of his medical books that a hot tub (being that it's hot) will work the cardiovascular system
    It may increase blood flow and slightly raise the heart rate, but that's a far cry from calling it cardio exercise.

IE. Watching a suspenseful or scary movie can easily raise someone's heart rate. That doesn't mean they are burning the equivalent of someone running at the same heart rate.

IDEA Fitness member
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

AH! i see now where the disconnect has happened. Cardiovascular system is NOT cardio.

Hydrotherapy is wonderful for the vascular part of the system. it does increase blood flow, but it does so by relaxing muscles and expanding your veins a bit - hot expands, cold contracts works on our veins too.

cardio is when you get your heart rate to target range with physical activity. and that's what burns calories.

so yes, hot tubs are used for hydrotherapy, which IS good for your circulatory system and will increase blood flow. but it will NOT increase your heart rate. you will be sitting and thus at your Resting Heart Rate

i hope that clears that up for you.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I'm out ****kkkkkers!

And to those select reasonable responses, thanks for trying to help me, but this days of our lives crap is just too much for me. Reminds me too much of high school.

You are being incredibly juvenile.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/04/animal-protein-diets-smoking-meat-eggs-dairy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102327

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/03/04/285879644/eat-plants-and-prosper-for-longevity-go-easy-on-the-meat-study-says

Okay, maybe I misremembered the grams of protein needed (not that I have been measuring), but the point being is we need a lot less than what we have been led to believe. Not to mention the source of where you get that protein.

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.php
    So most journals of medicine and science will agree about .08 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. I think you mixed the .08 gram with 8 grams total. Understandable mistake. Now about that hot tub cardio...................

IDEA Fitness member

Didin't it say 0.8 not 0.08 grams per KG? of she would be close as you would have to weight 100kgs to get 8 grams of protien if you only needed .08, but 0.8 would be 80 grams.
    Sorry, I put in too many zeros. My bad. 0.8 is CORRECT.

IDEA Fitness member

http://www.olympichottub.com/health/cardiovascular.html

This is a site selling hot tubs, it's stating they are safer than previously thought for people with heart problem...

OMFG... just google it your damn selves. I'm sick of proving myself to you monsters...

But we're not the ones rolling into a public forum making outlandish claims and calling people names when called on it. So, no, I am not going to look for evidence to support your claims.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    i build muscle and iam defenately at a deficit :0 by 400-700 and loosing pounds idk much about surplus an amount of something left over when requirements have been met; an excess of production or supply over demand. more than what is needed or used; excess. but iam not on it

You can't build something out of nothing. Your body is currently using the protein you eat as fuel. This is good, because it means it can spare your muscles while you are in a deficit. Otherwise it would be breaking them down as well.
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

You made the claim; the onus to provide proof is on you.

(Also, please stop with the name calling.)
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options

I'm out ****kkkkkers!

Your profile says you're 32. I have a hard time believing that.

Also, didn't you say you were going to leave this thread alone?
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    *forehead slap* It's proven we only need 8 grams of protein a day which is in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. But I'm not arguing with ignorance... it only proves to be mind numbingly annoying.

Say WHAT?! I'ma need to see where it says that.
    Recommended Dietary Allowance for Protein
    Grams of protein
    needed each day
    Children ages 1 – 3 13
    Children ages 4 – 8 19
    Children ages 9 – 13 34
    Girls ages 14 – 18 46
    Boys ages 14 – 18 52
    Women ages 19 – 70+ 46
    Men ages 19 – 70+ 56

from http://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/everyone/basics/protein.html

Now, I have seen it said often that active people need MORE than that. But hey, maybe the OP is 3? <shrug>
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    How is sitting in a hot tub considered cardio? :huh:

i'm glad i'm not the only one who caught this.

I want to meet the person who sits in a hot tub for 60 minutes for the express purpose of burning 50 calories.

Not to mention that if you ever actually read the warnings most of them state not to sit in a hot tub for more than 15 mins as it could raise your core temperature and cause damage to your organs. Not that many people actually listen (including myself I'll admit).
This discussion has been closed.