Herbalife? Anyone try this to aid weight loss?

Options

Replies

• bethy_2407
    bethy_2407 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I did a 3 day trial and lost 4lbs!! I am going to start doing it again, I find it easy to take shakes as meals because in the past few months I started to make my own green smoothies! So I shall be starting herbalife again soon, as it provides more protein in my diet :) I shall keep posting about it when I start
  • Elyssa_38
    Elyssa_38 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello I currently am using herbalife. I do the shake and protein juice only though. In the morning unfortunately i just don't have time to eat a full on breakfast i travel 1.5+ hrs to work so easy shake it is and it keeps me full for a good amount of time. For lunch i eat a normal meal (healthy ) i try of course. and i drink the protein juice before workouts or during lol i don't follow it strictly but as other have said on here protein shakes can be found for cheaper :)
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tina1737
    Tina1737 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Why, oh why do we keep doing this? <sobs>
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did a 3 day trial and lost 4lbs!! I am going to start doing it again, I find it easy to take shakes as meals because in the past few months I started to make my own green smoothies! So I shall be starting herbalife again soon, as it provides more protein in my diet :) I shall keep posting about it when I start

strong...STRONG first post. And the thread you found was from April...of last year.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    herbalife founder dies at age 44 of drug and alcohol overdose.

Hughes died after a 4-day drinking binge, apparently from an overdose of alcohol and the antidepressant drug doxepin.
    His blood alcohol level was 0.21% (more than double the "drunk driving" level).
    He was being treated by a psychiatrist for a drinking problem.
    Hughes said many times that he had been inspired to start his company after his mother (Jo Ann Hartman) died from taking diet pills. However, Hartman's autopsy found that she died of an overdose of Darvon, a narcotic painkiller. At the time of her death she was 5-foot-6-inches tall but weighed only 105 pounds.

I swear I will post this to EVERY Herbalife tread.
  • katagrah
    katagrah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this two shake a day and a whole bunch of random pills. I've lost 11 lbs so far in 3 weeks
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this two shake a day and a whole bunch of random pills. I've lost 11 lbs so far in 3 weeks

:noway:
  • bfray08
    bfray08 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey all,
    I am a college student who has gained a lot of pounds my first two years. I just ordered Herballife. I will let you guys know how it goes!
  • drelaine1
    drelaine1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I represent a company that has the best protein on the planet. Very clean and pure.

Elaine
    Lifejoy9@aol.com
  • dumparump
    dumparump Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My mother did herbalife long time ago, lost a lot of weight. Had she kept up with the good eating habits she might have kept it off (though to each their own struggles, her journey was certainly not mine.) At the moment, I'm supplementing with homemade Kefir. It's a probiotic super food that keeps me full for many hours while cleansing my system of some 500 candida yeasts. It's not for everyone, but if you're willing to try it you can find it at a whole food store (like sprouts, or trader joe's depending where you live).
  • akkimberly
    akkimberly Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love them. I am addicted to the Reeses shake. I also love a lot of there supplements. But that's just me, I've lost 22 pounds now and have about 10 more to go :-)
  • littlemisslou18
    Options
    I have read that it contains soy... Soy is incredibly bad for your endocrine system. I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS and I'm avoiding all soy products like the plague. So I would hate for anyone else to get messed up with this kinda stuff too. I just try to eat Clean foods, nothing highly processed. I'm all for organic! I would highly recommend seeing a dietitian. They will do a complete list of what you should eat, but when they do it they are doing it from what you need to have on a daily basis. I would start there and perhaps get their opinion on herbalife :)
  • akkimberly
    akkimberly Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the negativity towards Herbalife being expensive or a 'pyramid scheme'... some writers wrote $200/month and that for two shakes a day, (or two meals a day). $200 divided by 60 (two meals a day for a month) = $3.33/meal, which I'm sure that includes vitamins and enhancers as well. And you don't have to limit yourself to shakes, you could use the powder to make pancakes, pie, cookies, etc. I guarantee everyone that has complained about Herblaife being "expensive" spends more than $3 per meal, and doesn't get half the nutrients and vitamins. As for 'pyramid scheme,' one could say a 'normal' 9-5 job is a pyramid. All the employees at the bottom, the supervisors one step higher, managers above that, district managers above that, directors above them, all the way up to the one single owner. Hmm, that sure sounds like a pyramid to me. The only difference between MLM and your 9-5 is that MLM pays on hard work and actually earning pay versus getting a guaranteed $10/hour. So one could easily say that every company is a pyramid. Herbalife is publicly traded on the NYSE and is over 30 years old.

As for the products, the products work and the results are real, you just have to stick with your program.
    Gosh, all these negative Nancy's on here. Smile folks, it's the only thing that's FREE.
    Agreed :)
  • mollybuck
    mollybuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't spend your hard earned money on gimmicks. Eat real food. My mantra with this go around in the weight loss world is"what do thin people eat? How do they function in this real world?" They don't drink their meals. All of those shakes are highly processed. How do you know what's really in them? What's on the label? Are they telling the real truth?
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you are against Herbalife that's fine but enough putting down people who do like it. Worry about your own diet! I was skeptical about Herbalife too until a couple friends recently lost 38 and 19 lbs so I gave it a try. This is the first protein shake that has actually kept me full for several hours. I have one in the morning , for lunch I have a regular meal and while at work I drink the protein beverage mix with a protein bar and when I get home I make my other shake. I am a retail supervisor and most nights don't get to have a lunch break so this helps. I'm meeting my protein requirements everyday where before it was a struggle. As for it being expensive: I'm buying less groceries since I'm only eating one meal a day so it all evens out.

If you don't like Herbalife don't use it but stop putting down what might be working for others.
  • emitinpink
    emitinpink Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Herbalife for almost 2 months now. I started on January 15th 2014 and I'm in LOVE with it!! I started with 200lbs, I'm currently at 183lbs meaning I've lost 17lbs in total. Before i started Herbalife i didn't have any energy at all, i was lazy all the time, lost of headaches, stress, it was just HORRIBLE. After using Herbalife, all that has changed. I'm super active, do different workouts through out the week like Zumba, Workouts at parks & bootcamps as well, no more stress, I'm the most energetic person EVER! My goal is 130lbs, i know ill be there before the lovely summer gets here.
    44530577.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wanna know something cool?

I did the same thing just with real foods & hard work.

Enjoy feeding your bank account to the mouths of the rich who could care less about their customers.
    Your comment was really mean and discouraging, what happened to encouraging people on and keeping each other on track instead of being rude and disrespectful. Not everything works everyone. We are all here because were all trying to lose weight.
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Herbalife for almost 2 months now. I started on January 15th 2014 and I'm in LOVE with it!! I started with 200lbs, I'm currently at 183lbs meaning I've lost 17lbs in total. Before i started Herbalife i didn't have any energy at all, i was lazy all the time, lost of headaches, stress, it was just HORRIBLE. After using Herbalife, all that has changed. I'm super active, do different workouts through out the week like Zumba, Workouts at parks & bootcamps as well, no more stress, I'm the most energetic person EVER! My goal is 130lbs, i know ill be there before the lovely summer gets here.
    44530577.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wanna know something cool?

I did the same thing just with real foods & hard work.

Enjoy feeding your bank account to the mouths of the rich who could care less about their customers.
    Your comment was really mean and discouraging, what happened to encouraging people on and keeping each other on track instead of being rude and disrespectful. Not everything works everyone. We are all here because were all trying to lose weight.

Here here! these people I swear do a search for Herbalife just so they can go trolling.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Looking for more herbalife buddies add me so we can support each other and swap reciepes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!