You people are sooooo mean!

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Joined in too late on this one, now the first thread is gone =[. What was she wrong about to begin with?

Well it isn't just about her thread its about any thread like that.

One of her claims off the top of my head though was that it had been "medically proven" that everyone eats to much protein intake is resonsible for lots of diseases and really everyone just needs 8 grams of protein a day. 8.

When begged to provide a citation she finally eventually provided one (after spending a lot of time calling people r*tarded, condescending a**holes and monsters, and provided a link to a study that said the exact opposite of what she had been saying.

Nice twist of words and very inaccurate.

Now girl. I suggest you choose your words carefully because Google Cache never forgets the stuff we said. Never.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Stop. It's not really funny anymore. I get it, you don't agree with what she said. It's enough.
    dead-horse_zps4367c781.gif
    I disagreed with her first post. I'm disgusted and offended by the rest.

You should be, you are one of my targets. Not to mention the confusion I feel over YOU being offended and disgusted.

I have just been observing all of this, but seriously, what on Earth is wrong with you?

What do you mean? What does he have to be disgusted over? and what offended him? His misinterpretations? If you bully someone you should be ashamed. There is something wrong with me for thinking that?

There's nothing wrong with you thinking that. You should be ashamed of calling people *kitten* and using the r-word. Any time you are ready to apologize to the community for your behavior, we're ready to hear it.
    I (a she, not a he) is disgusted and offended that someone would compare what occurred here today to domestic violence.
    High five!

Oh but according to her we twisted her words on her comparing what happened to domestic violence.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    RobsGirl_lds Posts: 211
    Options
    lens1858413_1284918930toilet-paper-roll-debate_.jpg
    A or GTFO!
    SO>>>>>>>>you are left handed???
    Nope, a rightie. The husband is a leftie and prefers B. A however is LOGICALLY the better choice because it allows one to pull and tear the necessary amount single-handed, while position B frequently requires the use of two hands or results in the accidental removal of too many sheets.
    If you have children or pets the answer is under!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Stop. It's not really funny anymore. I get it, you don't agree with what she said. It's enough.

You should be, you are one of my targets. Not to mention the confusion I feel over YOU being offended and disgusted.

I have just been observing all of this, but seriously, what on Earth is wrong with you?

What do you mean? What does he have to be disgusted over? and what offended him? His misinterpretations? If you bully someone you should be ashamed. There is something wrong with me for thinking that?

There's nothing wrong with you thinking that. You should be ashamed of calling people *kitten* and using the r-word. Any time you are ready to apologize to the community for your behavior, we're ready to hear it.
    I (a she, not a he) is disgusted and offended that someone would compare what occurred here today to domestic violence.

I'm not disagreeing with you, merely encouraging her to take ownership for her actions today and practice what she preaches. I'm personally disgusted by her behavior on several levels.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    A or GTFO!
    Nope, a rightie. The husband is a leftie and prefers B. A however is LOGICALLY the better choice because it allows one to pull and tear the necessary amount single-handed, while position B frequently requires the use of two hands or results in the accidental removal of too many sheets.
    But B is more aesthetically pleasing. Therefore, B.

I will have to second B.

A all the way!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    This looks like I missed a thread-and-a-half of hilarity and madness.
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Joined in too late on this one, now the first thread is gone =[. What was she wrong about to begin with?

One of her claims off the top of my head though was that it had been "medically proven" that everyone eats to much protein intake is resonsible for lots of diseases and really everyone just needs 8 grams of protein a day. 8.

When begged to provide a citation she finally eventually provided one (after spending a lot of time calling people r*tarded, condescending a**holes and monsters, and provided a link to a study that said the exact opposite of what she had been saying.

What part was innaccurate? I will correct it if I was wrong in the way I stated it.

The R*tard statement was made as a joke as in comic relief: In the words of yoda: r*tarded you are. seems to be a group with little sensitivity training but cares if I misuse a word.

I called you as$holes because quite a few of you were acting like one. And given that some even told me to kill myself I would have to say my monster statement wasn't too far off either. And none of it was in response to your link but the [in proper term] cyber bullying I was the target of.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm not disagreeing with you, merely encouraging her to take ownership for her actions today and practice what she preaches. I'm personally disgusted by her behavior on several levels.

Yeah I was being lazy. Quoting you wasn't actually necessary for my response. lol

I was clarifying since Jenni seems confused.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Fire-balloon.gif?

winner 8 gram dinner....oops!
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options

High five!

Oh but according to her we twisted her words on her comparing what happened to domestic violence.

I was comparing them blaming me for their attacks to that of a wife beater blaming his wife for his attacks. Its not my fault they couldn't understand the point I was making. *sigh* I'm trying to be nice.
  • rml_16
    Options
    The R*tard statement was made as a joke as in comic relief:

You need to work on your comic delivery. You simply aren't funny.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    A or GTFO!
    If you have children or pets the answer is under!
    Logic and reason for the win!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Dunno if I'm in the roll, but now I am.

Also, I'd personally like to thank the OP for a wonderful & gif-tastic fun afternoon.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

What part was innaccurate? I will correct it if I was wrong in the way I stated it.

The R*tard statement was made as a joke as in comic relief: In the words of yoda: r*tarded you are. seems to be a group with little sensitivity training but cares if I misuse a word.

I called you as$holes because quite a few of you were acting like one. And given that some even told me to kill myself I would have to say my monster statement wasn't too far off either. And none of it was in response to your link but the [in proper term] cyber bullying I was the target of.

So you think it's okay to use retarded as long as you're making a joke? Really? And you want to say MFP has a group with little sensitivity training.

It's okay to be wrong. It really is.
  • rml_16
    Options

High five!

I was comparing them blaming me for their attacks to that of a wife beater blaming his wife for their attacks. Its not my fault they couldn't understand the point I was making. *sigh* I'm trying to be nice.

Honey, you do realize we all actually saw and read what you wrote, so claiming now that it's gone that you didn't say it isn't going to work out.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Oh, I see. OP just doesn't know when to stop caring. Nevermind, forget I asked. This all makes sense.

You hit the nail on the head.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Well as long as you were using the R word in a joking manner it's totally okay.

Why, just the other day some guy called me the N word but NBD, he was just being funny.

Said no one ever.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

It is common practice when cornered to pretend that something that was said of anger was actually said as a joke. At the time no one read it as a joke, you didn't seem to be laughing and this is the very first time you refereed to it as being a joke. As far as the condescending @ssholes comment that was the first personal comment made on the thread to be honest. Up until that point no one, no one, had posted an insult towards a person. You had the content of your post ridiculed but no one had called you personally any names. You decided to take it personally and started calling actual people condescending @ssholes and too r@tarded to understand (you used r@tarded in more than one post by the way). At that point people started responding to YOU critically rather than your post which is when it snowballed.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

If one person is being an a-hole to you, then they are probably just an a-hole. If everyone is supposedly being an a-hole to you then...I'm sure you know the rest of that phrase. Anyway, I didn't see the other posts, but yeah, threatening physical violence isn't cool. Regardless, I think you should just embrace the Tom.

D1ofQiV.jpg