pics of my belly. it won't get flat! :(

Options
Does it look like its still fat? Should I continue a deficit? Its so giggly and gross and the picture make it look better than it really is! Any suggestions?

Side:
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj560/malucamenina88/076316aa-b784-4733-a8b1-6de7f98c4173_zpsae11c04d.jpg

Front:
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj560/malucamenina88/87602ae5-f046-4a73-93d1-ffc32cbabb93_zps31148afb.jpg

Replies

• jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Jiggly*
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Do you lift weights?
  • jardimgirl
    Options
    Do you lift weights?

Yup. I've been weight training for 3 months now
  • BikiniDreamer7
    Options
    I have that same "problem area" and am hoping that with the right diet and cardio/weight lifting mix, I can get rid of as much of it as possible. Hang in there. Its not easy.

How much weight have you lost so far, and how long have you been working at it?
  • jardimgirl
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds in 8 months. Imy goal was to get a flat tummy for the summer but I guess I won't accomplish that
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Keep going with the weights, lift heavier as you can. Focus on your marcos and getting enough protein - there was an awesome thread around here by a kick-*kitten* lady who'd gone from obese to a figure competitor and gave tips on how to get a lean stomach....i'll go see if I can find it
  • psych101
    Options
    This link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

usmcmp is my secret MFP girl crush lol :blushing:
  • jardimgirl
    Options
    May I ask why protein is so.important? I don't usuall hit my suggested grams
  • ReannaKnotts
    ReannaKnotts Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try reverse crunches. Lay flat on your back and lift your legs instead of your shoulders. This will work the lowest section of your abs that sit-ups and regular crunches don't target. Also, try looking up lower abdominal workouts. There may be some other workouts that will help.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    This link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

usmcmp is my secret MFP girl crush lol :blushing:

It's not a secret for me!! :drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Remind me because it's been a couple of weeks since your last thread and your profile is private-- are you recomping or eating at a deficit?

If eating at a deficit, what has your weight done over the past 4 weeks?
  • ReannaKnotts
    ReannaKnotts Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Protein builds muscle and the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn. Muscle helps increase your metabolism. My coach also suggests that you workout first thing in the morning before you eat and eat within an hour of getting up. Never skip meals, this slows down your metabolism. If you have a lot of stress in your life, this can also cause you to hang on to belly fat.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    Try reverse crunches. Lay flat on your back and lift your legs instead of your shoulders. This will work the lowest section of your abs that sit-ups and regular crunches don't target. Also, try looking up lower abdominal workouts. There may be some other workouts that will help.

This is wrong. You cannot spot reduce. Please stop spreading misinformation.

OP, Keep at it, for many ladies the tummy is the very last thing to go. You may not make it this summer, but if you stick to a deficit and keep lifting as heavy as you can, you almost definitely will make it next summer.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds in 8 months. Imy goal was to get a flat tummy for the summer but I guess I won't accomplish that
    that was my goal too by summer ..: now the thing is iam losing belly fat but slowly so annoying while the rest of my body lose fast
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Protein is necessary for muscles. Fat and/or Carbs are necessary for energy. If you aren't getting enough protein, you will not get a flat stomach. The only way to get a flat stomach is by building your abdominal muscles. If you are 125 pounds and sedentary, you need 50 grams of protein. If you are 200 pounds and active, you could need as much as 150 grams of protein.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    Protein builds muscle and the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn. Muscle helps increase your metabolism. My coach also suggests that you workout first thing in the morning before you eat and eat within an hour of getting up. Never skip meals, this slows down your metabolism. If you have a lot of stress in your life, this can also cause you to hang on to belly fat.

This is also wrong. Skipping meals does not slow down the metabolism. In fact, there is a very large group of successful people here who lose plenty of weight doing intermittent fasting. The only reason it is recommended to eat small, frequent meals is because it discourages overeating from waiting too long between meals. It has nothing to do with the metabolism. You'd do well to not listen to this person, they are clearly new and have quite a lot to learn.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options

Protein is necessary for muscles. Fat and/or Carbs are necessary for energy. If you aren't getting enough protein, you will not get a flat stomach. The only way to get a flat stomach is by building your abdominal muscles. If you are 125 pounds and sedentary, you need 50 grams of protein. If you are 200 pounds and active, you could need as much as 150 grams of protein.

Aaaaand THIS is wrong. Wow, people are on a roll today, huh?

The REAL way to get a flat stomach is to reduce the fat covering it. You do this by eating at a deficit and lifting heavy weights to maintain your lean muscle mass. You can "build up your abdominal muscles" all you want, but if there is fat on them, they will not be flat.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

The REAL way to get a flat stomach is to reduce the fat covering it. You do this by eating at a deficit and lifting heavy weights to maintain your lean muscle mass. You can "build up your abdominal muscles" all you want, but if there is fat on them, they will not be flat.

Well I'm glad you're here-- this way I don't have to be the meanie. :wink:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options

Well I'm glad you're here-- this way I don't have to be the meanie. :wink:

If correcting misinformation is being a "meanie", then just call me Satan :glasses:
  • psych101
    Options

Really on a roll today!