Gained 2.2 lbs in a day!!

123457»

Replies

• robertbowden
    robertbowden Posts: 2 Member
    You can't possibly weigh yourself every day and expect to learn anything from that. Too many factors come into play. I can't explain one week to the next although the trend is consistent.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    You can't possibly weigh yourself every day and expect to learn anything from that. Too many factors come into play. I can't explain one week to the next although the trend is consistent.

Actually... I DO weigh every day for that reason... My weight spikes regularly, and plummets too... I totally weigh and look at trend. If I weigh once a month... What if I pick a spike day? That would be no bueno. Lol
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member

Actually... I DO weigh every day for that reason... My weight spikes regularly, and plummets too... I totally weigh and look at trend. If I weigh once a month... What if I pick a spike day? That would be no bueno. Lol

I'm the same. Plus, I like data. I have a libra app I put my info in every day and it makes me a neat little graph
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 683 Member
    My serious reply is that you need to make sure youre only eating 8g of protein as too much protein is bad, you then need to drink 8 cups of water and stand on the scales 6 times in different positions until it says you've lost the 2lbs then you go to bed happy.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    My serious reply is that you need to make sure youre only eating 8g of protein as too much protein is bad, you then need to drink 8 cups of water and stand on the scales 6 times in different positions until it says you've lost the 2lbs then you go to bed happy.

That protein is a sneaky mistress
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Thanks, I tried adding in more cals but it seems the more I eat the hungrier I feel, it doesn't help that i love food in general and get ticked when I can't eat what I want

I totally know the feeling. It really helps when you are eating enough though. And, if you aren't losing weight starving yourself, you might as well not lose any weight while eating a healthy amount. You'll also give yourself enough energy to figure out what's not working.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Thanks, I tried adding in more cals but it seems the more I eat the hungrier I feel, it doesn't help that i love food in general and get ticked when I can't eat what I want

I totally know the feeling. It really helps when you are eating enough though. And, if you aren't losing weight starving yourself, you might as well not lose any weight while eating a healthy amount. You'll also give yourself enough energy to figure out what's not working.

And get enough water too.

For me... I find I can manage early morning hunger better than evening hunger.. so I snack on lighter calorie stuff in the morning and try to save half (if not more) of my cals for supper and late night snacking. I get WAY TOO GRUMPY if I don't get food at night.

I'm a reverse gremlin.
  • likitisplit

And get enough water too.

For me... I find I can manage early morning hunger better than evening hunger.. so I snack on lighter calorie stuff in the morning and try to save half (if not more) of my cals for supper and late night snacking. I get WAY TOO GRUMPY if I don't get food at night.

I'm a reverse gremlin.

Also look at your macros and micros... What do you seem to be lacking on days that you are hungry? For me it's fat - unless I'm way off on carbs - and fiber. When I'm feeling run down it's either iron or potassium.
  • LadyGrey75
    LadyGrey75 Posts: 55 Member
    macros and micros..what in the tar hill sis that...LOL sorry I really don't know what that is. I watch my calories and drink 64+ ounces of water but that is all I have been watching...other than the scale
  • likitisplit
    macros and micros..what in the tar hill sis that...LOL sorry I really don't know what that is. I watch my calories and drink 64+ ounces of water but that is all I have been watching...other than the scale

it's an important question.

Macros are the "big three": Carbs, Protein and Fat. The sexypants guide that SugaryLynx linked to explains more about the importance of these and how to set them as goals.

Micros are the micronutrients, like vitamins and minerals. Vitamin C, Iron, all of those. MFP tracks all of these for you, so you can get a good sense of how complete and balanced your diet is. It really taught me about the foods I needed to start incorporating when I first started tracking.

Getting a good nutritional balance with plenty of fiber goes a long way toward feeling satisfied.
  • LadyGrey75
    LadyGrey75 Posts: 55 Member
    Thanks for the new information, I really haven't paid any attention so I will go back and peak at my reports to see what I am lacking. I am a big meat eater (chicken and venison) and not much on veggies or even fruit because the acidity gets to me. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, I am trying to be healthier but there is so much out there that it gets really confusing. My hardest thing is finding stuff to eat that I like that is filling but still remain in calorie range. I have trouble with the whole portions thing, 1/2 cup cereal for breakfast is just enough to tick me off so all the help I can get is appreciated.
  • likitisplit
    Thanks for the new information, I really haven't paid any attention so I will go back and peak at my reports to see what I am lacking. I am a big meat eater (chicken and venison) and not much on veggies or even fruit because the acidity gets to me. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, I am trying to be healthier but there is so much out there that it gets really confusing. My hardest thing is finding stuff to eat that I like that is filling but still remain in calorie range. I have trouble with the whole portions thing, 1/2 cup cereal for breakfast is just enough to tick me off so all the help I can get is appreciated.

And that's why it's important eat as much as you can. You don't have that much to lose. You should be targeting closer to a half pound a week. That'll probably get you up to at least 1500 calories a day + exercise, which will leave room for way more than a half cup of cereal. I eat a cup of oatmeal with raisins, pecans and brown sugar + two strips of bacon every morning and am happy until lunch.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    My period only happens on the 29th.
    How on earth do you pull that off? Average is every 28 days.

I'm the same. Plus, I like data. I have a libra app I put my info in every day and it makes me a neat little graph
    Me too, I like data. And I don't want to catch the upward spike day were I to weigh myself once weekly only.
  • likitisplit
    My period only happens on the 29th.
    How on earth do you pull that off? Average is every 28 days.

Me too, I like data. And I don't want to catch the upward spike day were I to weigh myself once weekly only.

Me, ah, four? five?
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member

Same here. I would probably have freaked out if I weighed in only weekly or monthly and didn't realize how much fluctuation there is. I use trendweight.com - with my scale, it's all captured and analyzed automagically when I step on the scale.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    If the past few ladies were put in a single thread to fight it out, on-lookers would die of boredom before the caged ladies. It's pretty to see so much agreement for once.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Did you eat more than 8 grams of protein? That could be the problem. Go sit in a hot tub, you'll be fine.
    Wow. You are such an abusive bully.

I was just thinking that! Helpful replies only!!!

kitten-is-scared-by-lizard.gif

awesome