Couch to 5K (C25K) Starting today. Anyone interested?

Options

Replies

• laurzishot
    Options
    Oh oh oh! YES! A marathon is my dream goal. This is a great way to begin! How should we stay in touch with one another? Daily? Weekly?

You can report your progress as much as you'd like! Most of us tend to report back after each run we do during the week :) Welcome to the thread!
  • laurzishot
    Options
    I just thought I'd ask, what other exercises are you all doing as well as the running to lose weight? :smile:
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    finished week 2 today. start week 3 tomorrow~
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    I just thought I'd ask, what other exercises are you all doing as well as the running to lose weight? :smile:
    i take zumba classes :)
  • MelK8RN
    MelK8RN Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ugh...had to take some time off related to a sore and hurting hip....got some new sneaks and im ready to jump back in, I had finished week 2 and was supposed to be starting week 3 so i think this week i'll repeat week 2 just to get back in to it and go from there!!
    read back on all the posts and its sounds like everyone is doing amazing!!!
    keep up the good work
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Week 8 finished today , only 3 runs left and I've made it :bigsmile:
  • ginnyroxx
    Options

wow! GOOD JOB! you're super inspiring for me :)

I start W3 today! yikes!
  • amrevis
    amrevis Posts: 10
    Options
    Ok I will start this today as well. I am definitely going to struggle, but hey I am ready for some fun and results!! We can do this together!
  • amrevis
    amrevis Posts: 10
    Options
    How much weight have you lost doing this program?
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    How much weight have you lost doing this program?
    it's hard to say since i'm also doing cardio classes.
    since i started running in mid december (w/ a 2 week break for an ankle injury) i've lost about 6 pounds - which is H U G E for me. My body love to retain water.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options

wow! GOOD JOB! you're super inspiring for me :)

I start W3 today! yikes!

Thanks :smile: I still cant believe I've got this far. Nice to see you back with us and doing well too. Good luck :drinker:
  • laurzishot
    Options

Ohhh awesome how many times a week do you do it? I just bought it today i'm mega excited :bigsmile:
  • laurzishot
    Options

Awesome progress!!! Keep up the great work :)
  • laurzishot
    Options
    Did W7D2 today, the 25 mins is still a bit of a challenge to me but i never stop i just keep running, hopefully it'll get easier soon. Is anyone else feeling like this at all? I'm thinking i might start running outside as well as on the treadmill because i think if I'm doing it three days a week on the treadmill I'll start to get really sick of it so i think i may split it between the treadmill and outside along the beach :smile: Great work so far this week everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm late but I'm in. My best friend is also 49 and he runs 50k's i guess i can move toward a 5k let's go.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 1 Completed today. It was a little tough because I started doing squats yesterday. My legs were sore but I finished.

Laura-I like alternating running on the treadmill and outside too. I decided to run outside today. It seems like the time goes by faster when I have a destination. As far as other exercises, recently, I have been working out on the Elliptical and Wii (Wii Fit & Just Dance).

Good Job Everyone! Keep it going!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options

Ohhh awesome how many times a week do you do it? I just bought it today i'm mega excited :bigsmile:
    i was going every day, but since i started running I go tues/thurs/sat and run mon/wed/fri - sunday is an iffy. if i get up early enough i'll do a zumba class. if not it's a rest day :)
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    do you all run on an incline (those on a treadmill?)

week 3 kicked my butt and i couldn't imagine doing that on an incline right now. However i would like to eventually move my runs outdoors and possibly onto trails.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    do you all run on an incline (those on a treadmill?)

week 3 kicked my butt and i couldn't imagine doing that on an incline right now. However i would like to eventually move my runs outdoors and possibly onto trails.

Im glad you're back and kicking butt! I dont run on an incline. I might try to slowly increase the incline once I finish C25K.
  • sassareno
    sassareno Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know I'm kind of late in replying to this, but The C25K program was kind of awful for me. My starting level really is "couch"-- I work an office job and don't get much exercise other than occasional walking for about 20 mins at a time. I'm 5'1" and about 190 lbs. I couldn't even do the baseline/starting level. I moved it down to run 30 secs, walk 90 secs. That worked for about a week before my knees and ankles were in incredible pain, I guess because of all the weight. I felt totally gross and defeated by it. I don't really feel like starting level is "couch", considering that people starting from the "couch" level might not even be able to run...