your worse or humiliating experience when fat?

Options

Replies

• freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I was once sexually assaulted and the man told me that since I was fat, it was the best I was gonna get and I better enjoy it...

I've had quite a few awful experiences as a fat women.

oh my god... i am so disturbed by this. it breaks my heart. im so sorry... WTF is wrong with people? this makes me want to cry.
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Oh, I have a story that's not about me, but that might be inspirational.

My fiance's little cousin is maybe 4 and she has an older brother who is maybe 6 or so and is kind of a jerk when he's sleepy. So he and his sister start fighting over Sponge Bob or whatever, and he starts screaming at her: "Fat! You're so fat! You're so fat!" and you could see the rage on her face (she's also very tiny, not a bit of extra weight on this little girl), so she running-tackled him.

At first I wanted to get involved, pick up the boy and shake him about how terrible he was being. But no one moved, and they weren't my kids. So we just watched. And the whole family cheered her on.

Wouldn't you know the little girl beat up her big brother. He didn't call her fat anymore.

Little girl, you're my hero. :)
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had someone ARGUE with me when I said I wasn't pregnant. Actually kept saying "Really?" and "Are you sure?".

Yep. I'm sure.

ME TOO! I was mortified, and then a little bit gobsmacked that she just kept insisting I was pregnant. Here's the kicker - I was probably the healthiest and thinnest I had ever been, but I have diastasis. I was asked about 10 times BEFORE I got pregnant with my first when I was due. Now that I have 4 rugrats people don't ask anymore, but in my early 20s, vegetarian and running five miles a day, that comment always stung!

Worry about your own uterus, nosy lady!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Needed two attendants to secure me in a roller coaster. NOT THIS YEAR! Cant wait to go back to Hersheypark :flowerforyou:
  • hooterklb
    hooterklb Posts: 27
    Options
    [/quote]
    #1 LIFETIME hate on the list: but...you have such a pretty face...
    [/quote]

This. Very much this.

Even worse.. "...but you carry it well."
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    For me, it was seeing my wedding pictures. It still bugs me that I actually look fat in them, despite what my husband says.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    As a fairly new mother of an almost 2 year old son, it literally disgusts me and breaks my heart that mothers could ever mutter a single negative word to their children about their appearance. my own parents included.

It seriously breaks my heart. Being worried about your children's health is one thing, but most of what parents say in regards to their children's weigh tis insensitive and incredibly damaging.

People should be ASHAMED of themselves. What awful, sad excuses of parents. Awful.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My fourth grade teacher told my mom I had no friends because I couldn't run fast enough to keep up with them and that I needed to lose weight.

The truth of the matter was not my weight or ability to make friends, just that one of my ex-friends decided to start telling people I was a lesbian.
  • campdawson
    campdawson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I used to think I was simply big and beautiful, then reality eventually set in. First was a photograph my husband took of me and my granddaughter in a children's inflatable wading pool, looking like a beached whale--literally. Second was a comment from a little girl who told her mother I had a big butt--so embarrassing. I had lot of praise for my booty, but these instances put it in proper perspective, and even though my butt rivaled the bum showcased in the Outcast video, "I Like the Way You Move," it was huge. Good riddance!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Sadly I have a few:

A guy threw fries at my face. His friends laughed.

Family ganging up on me, laughing at how awful I looked in a bathing suit...

A neighbor teased me for years calling me and a friend fat lesbians- which was good thing cause no one would ever have us.

^Makes me lose faith in humanity.
  • jenrap315
    jenrap315 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I was about 14 years old the local bad boys tried to pick me up and wanted to throw me in the parks sprinkler/wading pool and one jerk said "let's roll her around like a beached whale". I could still cry almost 25 years later. And I wasn't even that overweight. Something I will never forget.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Being in Europe and hearing someone in French say Typical Fat American
  • MissJacquelineN
    MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Not my worst, but while eating at a fast food place I had people making mooing' sounds at me. I rarely eat fast food, but now I can't eat it in public. If I really crave it I'll buy it and put it in another bag to avoid judgmental looks. :/
    98777 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My own sister making fun of my arm fat at age 11.
    98777 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When I was about 14 years old the local bad boys tried to pick me up and wanted to throw me in the parks sprinkler/wading pool and one jerk said "let's roll her around like a beached whale". I could still cry almost 25 years later. And I wasn't even that overweight. Something I will never forget.

Oh my god, I'm so sorry. That's so cruel. You didn't deserve that. :'(
  • candymj
    candymj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Omg! Seriously, so embarrassing! Never happened to me before.. I went to a amusement park and was with family members and attempted to ride a roller coaster ride, (which BTW always have) and when it was time to jump on the ride I couldn't because my hips were too wide- I wanted to die! Oh well! It is what it is! Cant wait til I can jump on again. LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    worse
  • picklesroofus
    picklesroofus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I agree parents are the worst because it cuts you to your core.

I distinctly remember a few of these occasions. There is something terribly horrible about growing up in a asian family fat. You are often the only one (my father at maximum weighed 140 lbs) and everything from a bad grade to a broken cup can be blamed on your fatness. "So clumsy!" Poor coordination and "bad gait" included.

Currently not talking to a parent because though I am incredibly blessed and successful in my academic and finances I am apparently too fat to be welcomed in their home. They live in the same country but I went 26 months ago to see them after a terrible misfortune (job loss, personal conflict and depression). Their first words were "you are even fatter!" with undertones of of-course only bad fortune can happen to someone in "such poor control and such poor shape of their body". So be it... made me determined that I made it through my lowest points in life alone and unsupported so I certainly won't be wasting my time seeking their approval or support now.
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I am honestly disgusted at some of the things I'm seeing on this thread. Absolutely heartbreaking t be honest. For me, I've mostly had the typical smaller children pointing out my fat. Kids are so brutally honest :/
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    In high school this ugly troll of a kid thought it would be of my benefit to share that I was cute, for a bigger girl, but he wasn't into bigger girls. I never even showed interest in him so I don't know why he felt he needed to share that. And I wasn't even that big! I was a cute little gremlin!