Weird s**t you do...

Options

Replies

• cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I count the number of steps I take everywhere. Like I'll count up to 16 or 20 or some random number and then start again. Gets really annoying running a marathon wondering how many times I counted up to x number throughout the race and got irritated when someone interrupted my counting. "Sorry runner I can't say hi because i'm busy counting like I'm insane..." WTF

I make math formulas out of license plates even though I hate math

I NEED to sleep with covers so the boogey man doesn't get me. Even if I'm sweating.

I just count a lot of stuff randomly - like the number of blinds in the string or words on a page or letters in the page.

I also absolutely positively cannot wear any socks with a hole in them. It doesn't matter if the whole is almost invisible or where it is. hole in sock goes in the garbage immediately. No questions asked.

I also pretend like I'm really tough and would knock a bad guy out in an instant but I'm truly terrified and walk with my key sticking out between my fingers so if I had to punch someone id stab them?

I don't mix foods. If I'm eating a hamburger and fries I need to eat the whole hamburger first, followed by the fries, followed by my drink. only in rare cases will I interchange foods. I'm a firm believer in divider plates - but they are all in the kids section :(
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I count the number of steps I take everywhere. Like I'll count up to 16 or 20 or some random number and then start again. Gets really annoying running a marathon wondering how many times I counted up to x number throughout the race and got irritated when someone interrupted my counting. "Sorry runner I can't say hi because i'm busy counting like I'm insane..." WTF

I make math formulas out of license plates even though I hate math

I NEED to sleep with covers so the boogey man doesn't get me. Even if I'm sweating.

I just count a lot of stuff randomly - like the number of blinds in the string or words on a page or letters in the page.

I also absolutely positively cannot wear any socks with a hole in them. It doesn't matter if the whole is almost invisible or where it is. hole in sock goes in the garbage immediately. No questions asked.

I also pretend like I'm really tough and would knock a bad guy out in an instant but I'm truly terrified and walk with my key sticking out between my fingers so if I had to punch someone id stab them?

I don't mix foods. If I'm eating a hamburger and fries I need to eat the whole hamburger first, followed by the fries, followed by my drink. only in rare cases will I interchange foods. I'm a firm believer in divider plates - but they are all in the kids section :(

So what your saying is no holy socks for you?
  • CandiedCarrion
    CandiedCarrion Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I chew my food in multiples of seven.
    I always wear three spare hair-ties around my right wrist in a very specific place, never anywhere else.
    I don't like the different foods on my plate touching unless they're "supposed" to. (EX: Peas and mashed potatoes never touch)
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Options

I do this too, lol!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I double-check both the locker and shower before I leave the gym everyday. In the 2 years I've been going to the gym, I was able to go from triple to just double-checking! Yea for me!

The closet door has to be closed when I sleep. The bedroom door has to be closed when I sleep.

I wash most of my recyclables in the dishwasher, b/c that's just sanitary...but probably weird.

I have a favorite spoon...I won't let my kids use it.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    some of you people do some really weird s**t
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Options
    Sooo many things here that I do too lol! Also, I have to chew my food the same number of times on each side of my mouth (even numbers preferably).x
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I arrange all my clothes in my closet. Short sleeve shirts, then mid sleeve shirts, then long sleeve shirts, skirts, etc.

I do this as well!
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    *deep breath* where to start...

-I do things in fours or numbers that are even (2,4,8,16 etc) but not 12 as that can be done by 3. and Nothing can be done 3 times

-I check fridge/freezer doors are closed, still switched on and that gas is off

-If I've been out I will check every single possible hiding place in a set route so that someone couldn't hide in one room and go into the other that I've already checked

-I cannot sleep tucked in I have to be able to free my legs and arms so I sleep with literally only the edge of the duvet covering me

- All cupboard doors must be shut all curtains must be closed fully and the bedroom door must be open and the hall light is always on at night

- I cannot keep my toothbrush in the bathroom, or if it has to be it will be in the cabinet if I had my way I'd change it every single use, if it's been knocked over onto the side I'll get a new one out if we have none I'll pour boiling water over it.

-similarly no one is allowed to use my mouthwash, toothpaste or 'bar' soap (if i have it), towels or wash cloths.
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    check I unplugged the hair straightener and stove 2 or 3 times before I leave, annoying as hell.
    in my defense I was burgled in my 20's and they set the apartment on fire. I couldn't tell my parents cuz there was no way in hell I was gonna hear "SEE WE TOLD YOU NOT TO MOVE OUT UNTIL YOU WERE MARRIED" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I only eat Tic-Tac's in two's and four's. Mostly two's if they are of the same color and flavor but occasionally I bump it too four, four if they are in a case with two separate flavours. (Two of each). No matter what if there isn't enough left to make a two or four combination, or if there is an uneven color to color ration, I will make someone else eat the last ones.
    ^ This I have to have one of each colour though and if it's only one flavor I'll have 2 of that one flavor any odds someone else will get them

I eat the skin on the inside of my mouth and then drink the blood.
    I wouldn't have put it like that :laugh:though I chew the inside of my mouth to the point of bleeding if I'm focused or bored and if my lips are chapped I will have to make it smooth again by chewing at it which makes it worse so... :ohwell:
  • nesbit11
    nesbit11 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My tea , coffee and sugar pots have to be all in a straight line and facing out so you can see the writing on the front. Gets me demented if they are not sraight lol
  • mnwelch
    mnwelch Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I eat food in layers: top bun, toppings, burger, bottom bun.
    I count myself to sleep. If I'm not sleeping by 100 I know it's not time for bed.
    I also shake my butt and/or leg to help me fall asleep.
    I hand wash the dishes then put them in the dishwasher.
    I count my steps while running (usually to 8 then repeat, sometimes to 100 then repeat).
  • whitlisd
    whitlisd Posts: 85
    Options
    Oh I hope there are some psychologists out there recording this data! This is gold right here folks!!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I cannot jump in a pool or any other body of water.
    If I have mayo on a hamburger or sandwich with warm meat it cannot touch the meat because the heat will make it go off.
    If there's a teapot on a table it bothers me if the spout is facing someone. This is a hold over from my first marriage, they thought it was bad luck to have it facing someone. Freaks me out now.
  • fit2014yay
    fit2014yay Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I group M&Ms by color before I eat them. I sniff gum and chocolate wrappers after I've opened them. I have to put on chapstick when I chew gum. I eat the raisins out of oatmeal raisin cookies, then eat the cookie.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Bunch of weirdos. :)

LOL! I was thinking the same thing!:laugh: :drinker:
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Sing and boggie like crazy to the radio while in the car.
    Sing very loudly and off key (on purpose I can carry a tune, off key is just more fun)
    Sing mock opera (very badly because i cannot sing opera)
    Sing "Nobody knows the trouble I've seen in the best Louis Armstrong voice I can do. In public
    Brush my teeth in the shower.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Every door in my house has to be closed at all times or it freaks me out. Like right now the main bathroom door is open with a baby gate up to let the cats in but keep my 2yr old out (the litter box is in there) ad it bothers me when I go down the hall. Also my shoes need to be tied under the tounge. I have almost always done that. There's more but that's the 2 that quickly come to mind
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Oh, I also like to have some sort of sound at all times. A tv on low, music, a fan. Something. Or I'm uncomftable.

When I sleep I use a sheet and a throw blanket for pillows. I can't use a pillow. I won't be able to sleep.

I use one of said sheet or blanket to put over my eyes while I sleep.

I have hair to my knees, I keep it up in a bun 24/7 but I won't cut it....