Those who started at 300+ pounds!

Options

Replies

• glbrocks
    glbrocks Posts: 37
    Options
    I started at 300 exactly. It can be done to lose the weight. Currently I weigh 197.
  • soonillbehot
    soonillbehot Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was 286 pounds, but now I'm only 205 pounds.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i started off at 387lb

seeing as im 5ft 1 with arthritis and hashimotos i felt truely awful and had to walk with a stick

i weigh once a month (will be weighing in on monday) but after having a sneak peek it looks like im around the 280lb mark now

i no longer walk with a stick, my fitness levels are on the up and on the whole im feeling a heck of alot better
  • acorneredbaby
    acorneredbaby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started at 321 (and that was my last official doctor scale weigh, pretty sure I was 325 at some point). I am currently at 301, so I've officially lost 20 pounds, however, I desperately want to hit the 200 club. Still going! I'm also 5'7.
  • GeekyPixels
    GeekyPixels Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started at 317lbs two years ago. I lost 4 and a half stone doing Slimming World and then have put a little bit on and couldn't get back into Slimming World so have started calorie counting and using this app. Feel free to add me! I could use a bit of encouragement with getting back on track! :)
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I started at 338. My big piece of advice. It will only get easier as you go on.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, my highest weight was 316lbs. (May 2012)

I'm still 5'2 and my lowest weight so far is 188.4lbs.

I am determined that by the end of the year I WILL weigh less than 164lbs and no longer be categorized as obese! Only 25lbs to go!!
  • MellMo1971
    MellMo1971 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 350 +. Started MFP over 300 lbs about 10 months ago. I don't weigh myself any longer, just track changes with progress pics and how my clothes fit. My current pic shows my progress from high weight until today. I'm focusing on weight lifting, full body exercises, with a bit of cardio thrown in as I have time. I do not restrict types of foods or calories. Losing fat at a reasonable calories deficit. I'm a work in progress; but confident I'll get there.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I joined at 370 and now am at 340 :)
  • WisheeNY
    WisheeNY Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started around 314 and I'm down to 304
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    An update:

In September 2012 I started at around 300+ pounds & lost around 50 pounds in four months by cutting portions & doing a little bit of exercise such as the stationary bike & zumba on the Wii. In February 2013 I hit my first plateau & decided to give myfitnesspal a chance. I started myfitnesspal around 250 pounds & have lost an additional 96 pounds since starting & now sit at around 154 pounds. I measure almost every food I put in my body on my food scale, do a little bit of exercise, don't cut out any food groups, and eat a ton of sweets. I also follow the TDEE approach & currently I'm trying to play around with my calories to try & figure out maintenance calories.
  • johnfromde
    johnfromde Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started at 352 back before xmas. Just went under 300 to get to 299. Walking a lot and accurately keeping track of calories has been my key so far with a -750 a day target. Next is to improve the mix of the calories and to do some biking. Above all, running steady downwards.
  • kimberleerogers
    kimberleerogers Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I stepped on the scale for the last time in 2001 and didn't step back on until 2009 when I started my weight loss journey.

I was so heavy that we had to put extra weight on the scale just to get it to try and get a weight!

My heaviest recorded weight was 378lbs BUT that was after I had lost a considerable amount of weight.

I have been down 110 pounds for over 2 years and keeping it off!

Hearing everyone else's story's are really inspiring! At least I know I am not alone! :)
  • Ladybug_Karen
    Ladybug_Karen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi! Started at 321 in mid-April. I'm down to 291 now and I'm hoping its less today. I have a Dr appt today and I'll weigh in there. Keep up the great work, everyone!
  • pyratekitten65
    pyratekitten65 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    In July of last year I hit my highest weight ever at 367. I made a few small changes to my diet and was able to get down to 354 but I continued to go up and down 5 pounds all year, I just couldn't seem to break the 350 mark. I am limited in my ability to exercise due to lower back arthritis that is making my upper legs numb, I also have knee osteoarthritis in both knees and a recent torn rotator cuff surgery repair to my right shoulder. So I managed to lose 14 pounds since last July on my own but I just knew I needed more help. I just joined New Direction under a medically supervised weight loss plan. I am not doing all meal replacement, just breakfast and lunch and so far it's working out well. I don't plan on doing the meal replacements through my whole weight loss journey, just enough so I can get more comfortable to exercise. Today I weighed in at 346! I haven't been under 350 in 5 years, I'm so excited! Wishing everyone a successful weight loss journey (even myself)!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    very inspirational. thanks for sharing your responses all. one lb and day at a time.
  • xero2099
    xero2099 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When i started in October I was 340
  • ksketcher
    ksketcher Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started a year ago at 335 and have lost to 276.6 so far. I'll be here for a while! I have way more to go. The point is I've stayed with it for a year and continue to fight back.
  • Firehawk734
    Firehawk734 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I started at 342. Its doable but most can't or don't do it and maintain it, so use that as a personal challenge and be proud of yourself when u achieve mini goals. Its a lifestyle change so settle in!
  • SamiDee12
    SamiDee12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started in February at 305, and so far I am down to around 260. I'm 5' 11'' and I am trying to get down to 140-170ish. I really am just judging on the way I feel/look. Good luck to anyone who is 300+ and looking to make a change, you can definitely do it, but don't look at it as a diet, look at it as a lifestyle change. And definitely do not get discouraged, it's a long process, and you have to be patient. :) (I am trying to!)