Your Advice Needed

Options

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Sun - you know what? I just remembered that I'm going to be RSVPing to sit at the table of people that are not going to be testing the wine - yes, believe it or not, it exists :) It's meant for people who are just there to have wine and a good time in general but may not be interested in purchasing the taster set. So perhaps it wouldn't interfere with the people serious about wine tasting!

I'm very well aware that it exists. The last major event I went to in Asia was at a Buddhist temple in the countryside. It was beautiful and I had to opportunity to taste with the country head of BB&R. Fortunately, it was mostly outside, so the few idiots weren't too annoying.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    incredibly-stupid.gif

OMG this made me laugh so hard!!!

Thank you!
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    Sun - you know what? I just remembered that I'm going to be RSVPing to sit at the table of people that are not going to be testing the wine - yes, believe it or not, it exists :) It's meant for people who are just there to have wine and a good time in general but may not be interested in purchasing the taster set. So perhaps it wouldn't interfere with the people serious about wine tasting!

I'm very well aware that it exists. The last major event I went to in Asia was at a Buddhist temple in the countryside. It was beautiful and I had to opportunity to taste with the country head of BB&R. Fortunately, it was mostly outside, so the few idiots weren't too annoying.

Oh, BRILLIANT! We're both Asian!!!! Which country are you from? :)

Nope. I'm not Asian. I just lived there for a good number of years.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Oh joy......here we go again About perfume, one nail polish, designer coat thief in laundry room of her building, and tons of other ridiculousness!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    People like looking at my makeup and clothes. I know this because I have been complimented upon my makeup skills and people often ask me if a makeup artist did my makeup. So of course I have to make sure to provide people with the optimal visual experience at the wine tasting which is taking place at a nice restaurant.

So why is your profile picture of a DOG?
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you post these ridiculous threads to get attention, validation, or just because you are clueless.

Hopefully someday you will mature and realize that having class and sophistication has nothing to do with the designer labels you wear. If you are so caught up on making a good impression you need to bring something more to the table. Bragging about how much you paid for a designer shirt makes you sound very shallow and materialistic. I feel sorry for you if you think that's all there is to life.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    I'm not sure if you post these ridiculous threads to get attention, validation, or just because you are clueless.

Hopefully someday you will mature and realize that having class and sophistication has nothing to do with the designer labels you wear. If you are so caught up on making a good impression you need to bring something more to the table. Bragging about how much you paid for a designer shirt makes you sound very shallow and materialistic. I feel sorry for you if you think that's all there is to life.

My profile is a dog because I adore my dog! :)

I posted the thread to get some fashion advice as to what I should wear my blouse with :) I do think that my top looks classy and elegant but of course it doesn't automatically make me a sophisticated person. I've got to be polite and nice ^-^ I was not bragging, honestly, I'm not sure how the cost of the top even came up in conversation. Probably I linked a photo of the top to show people what I was talking about, and they saw the price. Lord knows I am absolutely chuffed when I can get something UNDER $700.

Live in New York, London, Tokyo, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc. It is a bit different.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Lord knows I am absolutely chuffed when I can get something UNDER $700.

I can't decide if this comment makes me :laugh: or :huh:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with you?

If you are so bored that you need to post here, maybe you should do some volunteer work.

Love this :-)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No wonder Kazak left....

aussieteen+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+81+at+_715dbb5a5239edb3037f4fbf6fdcc1f2.jpg
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,065 Member
    Options

Pudding, where are you from? What type of dog do you have? As you can see my dog is huge ^-^

I am in Australia.
    My dog is a fox terrior x chihuahua - about the size of a medium cat.

There is a pic of her in my profile photos if you are interested.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,065 Member
    Options
    Lord knows I am absolutely chuffed when I can get something UNDER $700.

I can't decide if this comment makes me :laugh: or :huh:

Yes that seemed :noway: to me at first too.

But something did occur to me - I may be way off the mark here: OP is in Taiwan. Probably most of us didn't know that until late in thread.
    Perhaps we are talking oranges and apples here in terms of $700 - maybe $700 in Taiwanese currency is not actually a huge amount for a shirt, although it would be in US or Australian money.

Just a thought before we all jump too heavily on the bandwagon.:smile:
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Why are we keeping this thread alive? Just let it die.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Why are we keeping this thread alive? Just let it die.

lol you do realise you just bumped this thread to say that ^^ :flowerforyou: