Need an Insanity Partner

Options
exwilson
exwilson Posts: 154 Member
Hey Everybody,

I got no love from Motivation and support, so I'll try this forum.

I'm planning on starting Insanity soon and was hoping I might find someone here that would want to join me at the same time. My fiancee doesn't want to join me and I know that I am always more motivated when I'm working with someone else.

So if you're interested, serious, and willing to join up with me, please reach out. You can reply here or feel free to add me and send a PM.

- E

PS - I'm planning on starting on 6/1.

Replies

• Abi198111
    Abi198111 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your fitness it like but just one word of advice; I did insanity and followed the schedule for two weeks straight and I have to say I was in so much pain, particularly in my calves, that it became difficult to do anything. I hadn't injured myself and I always warmed up/cooled down and did all the stretches but my legs were sore and tight constantly. I think the insanity workouts are good as stand alone workouts, but for me, doing them every day was too much because of the repeated calf movements (a lot of the exercises force you to be on the balls of your feet so the calves are under a lot of pressure every time). Having said that, they're a great bit of cardio and if done right, the results are amazing.
  • wifeymou1112
    wifeymou1112 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your fitness it like but just one word of advice; I did insanity and followed the schedule for two weeks straight and I have to say I was in so much pain, particularly in my calves, that it became difficult to do anything. I hadn't injured myself and I always warmed up/cooled down and did all the stretches but my legs were sore and tight constantly. I think the insanity workouts are good as stand alone workouts, but for me, doing them every day was too much because of the repeated calf movements (a lot of the exercises force you to be on the balls of your feet so the calves are under a lot of pressure every time). Having said that, they're a great bit of cardio and if done right, the results are amazing.

I had the same thing happen to me when I started working out. I literally had never worked out or put myself through any strenuous effort. I started doing the 30 day shred and my knees killed me and I could barely walk down the stairs because my calf muscles were sooooo tight!

This feeling passed!

Now I'm doing Insanity and each day the only pain I get is D.O.M.S :-D (that goooood pain!) :-D

OP : Do not be put off! Yes if you've been inactive it WILL hurt... But it WILL get better!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Word of advice- if you haven't been working out prior to starting Insanity, you'll want to do yourself a favor and do at least a couple weeks worth of exercise beforehand. Running, body weight squats/lunges and push ups will help you get into shape. I had been a regular at my gym (lifting/running 4-5 days a week) for around 2.5 years before I decided to do Insanity and it was even tough for me starting out. I wasn't as sore as everyone here is saying, but cardio-wise, I definitely felt it.

Just go at your own pace- if you need to stop for a few seconds and grab some water, do it. Don't kill yourself to the point that you lose motivation and don't finish the program. Also, don't skip the fit tests. They're an awesome way to gauge your progress, and you'll be surprised how you progress with each test. Good luck! :drinker:
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    OP, I am interested in starting with you, but I've been mapping it out to see how it's going to work with my vacation schedule. I'll send you a PM, as long as you don't mind having a female partner.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 5 today:) Add away
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm no stranger to working out. I started running last year and have a few half marathons behind me. I'm also a regular at the gym for spinning, weights and swimming. I really just want too amp up my routines and Insanity has gotten some really great reviews.

143tobe - I don't mind the females :smile: Feel free to send a PM.
  • mlizzi88
    mlizzi88 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started insanity on 5/26 and I'm absolutely loving it. If you want a buddy feel free to add me. My fit test results are a little embarrassing but it'll be nice to have motivation and accountability.
  • Dondre28
    Dondre28 Posts: 53
    Options
    Im just starting up insanity, i do it on and off mixed with endurance, i find it hard to follow to a T, because of my weight, and as wifeymou said it can be harsh on the calves, however its less painful as i am getting fitter. :drinker:
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    oh, dang! i'm having some outpatient surgery tomorrow. would like to start back-up, but can't. good luck.
  • Dondre28
    Options
    oh, dang! i'm having some outpatient surgery tomorrow. would like to start back-up, but can't. good luck.

Good luck with your surgery.
  • indextwo
    indextwo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd echo what has been mentioned here by other people (primarily for the benefit of anyone else checking out this thread) - it is definitely, *definitely* worth getting some other form of fitness under your belt before trying to do Insanity cold turkey. That's exactly what I tried a couple of months ago. It did not go well. I did P90X (graduate!) last year, but then pretty much took a year off of any kind of exercise; body weight/fat remained completely static, but I wasn't actively doing anything. Thought I'd give Insanity a go, and after two workouts I could barely move my legs and my back was in agony.

It's worth noting that I have been advised by a trainer and a physiotherapist that I need to work on my core strength, so at the moment I'm going through T25 and concentrating solely on my form and my core. I'm four weeks in; one more week of Alpha, then I move onto 5 weeks of Beta. After I've done that, then I'm going to give Insanity another go.

I'd totally be your buddy, but not for another 6 weeks I'm afraid!
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice and plan on starting again on Monday.
    Love it LOVE IT.
    Loved it so much I blogged about it on here.
    But it's tough going - if you get through the warm up, you're grand.
  • Dondre28
    Options
    I got back from the gym so now i rest a bit then its Plyometric circuit :sad: , lvl 1 drills down, ski abs, IN !!!!!!!, OUT!!!!, IN!!!! :sad: .
    Come up come up into jabs :smokin: its done, 40 mins of pain and then pleasure :flowerforyou:
  • Dondre28
    Options
    I've done it twice and plan on starting again on Monday.
    Love it LOVE IT.
    Loved it so much I blogged about it on here.
    But it's tough going - if you get through the warm up, you're grand.

Well done mate :drinker:
  • wifeymou1112
    Options
    I got back from the gym so now i rest a bit then its Plyometric circuit :sad: , lvl 1 drills down, ski abs, IN !!!!!!!, OUT!!!!, IN!!!! :sad: .
    Come up come up into jabs :smokin: its done, 40 mins of pain and then pleasure :flowerforyou:

plyometric is just mean!! in.. out... in... *collapse in pool of sweat*
  • Dondre28
    Options
    Yh it may sound crazy but i like pure cardio more dont know why, maybe more things to do i guess.
  • nick_87_
    nick_87_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have just started my second round of insanity :-)
  • theoden524
    theoden524 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hey Exwilson,

I'll send you a friend request. I'm actually just about to start Month 2 tomorrow myself (excited and a little nervous :smile: ) I've been seeing great results so far, so it's definitely worth it if you put the effort in!

Definitely up for all the support I can get as well!

- Matt
  • wifeymou1112
    Options
    Yeh I do too! I think it's probably because I get to take more breaks! ;-) shhhh haha
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Started again today with a wee fit test.
    Going to do some weights and jogging along with it so should be an interesting 2 months.
    Plus side -huge calorie burns!
    Downside - sore and hungry for the next 2 months.