Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Special K pastry crisps taste just like pop tarts. they are 100 calorie packs and very yummy! Try those, and they have cinnamon ones too!
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    So, I haven't had them in years (Not that I was avoiding them but I had other goodies in mind!) but I saw a Brown Sugar Cinnamon one in the grocery the other day and it caught my attention! I absolutely LOVE cinnamon! I never saw that flavor before. I think the last one I had was a chocolate chip one.

Anyway, is it worth buying? calories Or just ehhh?

What's your favorite Pop Tart flavor?

(Or should I just get fig newtons? Lol)

that is my favorite pop-tart...absolutely delicious
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'd say don't do it to yourself! You are better off not knowing how good they are, LOL! But if you do, they have the cinnamon ones that are at least whole grain.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    It's too much of a hassle to get Pop Tarts to fit my MACROs/calories.

BUT if I were to eat one it would be the Brown Sugar Cinnamon. Toasted.
  • JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand all of these comments about them being a waste of calories. ...I mean, does every calorie that you deposit in your face have to pack a nutritional punch? Sometimes the value of the thing is that it simply tastes good - not that it has 20 grams of protein and 20 grams of fiber. *shrug* Just sayin'. **steps down off of soapbox**

My favorite is the un-frosted strawberry ones. Classic. They're nice toasted with a hot cup of Peppermint Tea. Mmmmm....

funny-om-nom-shaycarl.gif
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love the pumpkin pie poptarts but can only find them from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Non,nom,nom!!
    <-- In4 poptart ice cream sandwiches! Pumpkin pie poptarts stuff with edys pumpkin patch ice cream FTW! :drinker:
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've finally convinced my children that if they insist on eating Pop Tarts, that toasting them with butter IS the way to go.

However, I haven't tried the ice cream sandwich idea...
  • NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You have to decide for YOURSELF if buying poptarts is a waste or not. It's your body, your goals, your way of life. If you want poptarts and can fit them into your daily calories/macros then go for it if you REALLY want them. You can't really ask other people 'should I get them' .. just ask yourself.

I see a pattern on the boards how people say things are a 'waste of calories'. Says who? Wasting calories is relative to the person. You have 3 pages of people on this topic some saying they are delicious that they fit them in, others saying they don't and some of the non eaters had good reason that they don't do anything for them hunger wise. But to just say 'oh no, they are just so bad for you' ... meh.

For me PERSONALLY it wouldn't be worth it now. I also don't get anything out of eating a poptart except that they taste good. I'm not full, they don't help my macros for MY goals, and they have potential to send me into craving more sweets. I'd rather eat a 400 calorie meal with protein, veggies, and fat that will keep me full for hours than 400 calories of poptarts (2 poptarts I think?) that give me that sweet satisfaction for a few moments. That's on ME though.

That being said, my boyfriend used to ONLY eat brown sugar cinnamon. I jumped between cherry & strawberry but when I looked up the calories of poptarts for my post there are like a bunch of other flavors I would have loved to try. Red Velvet plz.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    pop tarts were great on the go when I was in the military..my son loves em...cold, warm whatever..

Now me I prefer the toaster strudel...cinnibon flavor with ice cream...or wild berry with ice cream, it's like pie and ice cream for a lot less calories...

However I may be tempted to try the icecream sammich made with poptarts...I do it with cookies why not those.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, strawberry poptarts are the best things ever.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    For me, pop tarts were magical as a child but kind of lackluster as an adult. You might find them disappointing but it's worth a try (I'd rather have a cinnamon roll though haha)

+1

I don't know how I choked down the 'icing' - it's just solid sugar - no fat, no tasty flavor, just hard and sweet.

My preference would be for a Pilsbury toaster strudel, if I needed a pre-packaged breakfast pastry. Otherwise, I'd be headed to the local bakery for their oh-so-awesome chocolate croissants at probably 600 cals or so a pop.
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My nick-name used to be "Pop-tart." I ate a lot of poptarts. 99% of the time they were the smores kind. I guess I really liked them.
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Tried them once 20+ years ago. The ingredients list did my head in.
    Not really tasty.
    Just sugary empty calorie nutrition.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    The Peanut Butter ones are FANTASTIC! Put them with ice cream and you will be in Heaven!
  • jgsimon1
    jgsimon1 Posts: 61
    Options
    So, I haven't had them in years (Not that I was avoiding them but I had other goodies in mind!) but I saw a Brown Sugar Cinnamon one in the grocery the other day and it caught my attention! I absolutely LOVE cinnamon! I never saw that flavor before. I think the last one I had was a chocolate chip one.

Anyway, is it worth buying? calories Or just ehhh?

What's your favorite Pop Tart flavor?

(Or should I just get fig newtons? Lol)

Special K has a snack that's called Special K Pastry Crisps......they sort of remind me of a pop tart......
    They are 100 calories for a pack of 2 pastries. I'm not sure they have a cinnamon one....but, they have chocolate, blueberry, strawberry for sure. They are really good. Even my 2 year old granddaughter likes them.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'll pass up a pop tart 99.9% of thé time. we make baklava.

Marry me?
  • kristendeyell
    kristendeyell Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    In case you were in need of some pop tart recipes :)

https://www.poptarts.com/recipes

Pumpkin are my favourite!
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Its funny actually because poptarts are the "beacon" food when people talk about iifym.com - (if it fits your macros). My opinion is 200 calories isn't going to kill you from time to time. Not much nutrition there but if you record it and it fits within your day and you are achieving your macros then what's the harm.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Brown sugah/cinn. is the go to flavor in our house for 3/5.
    1/5 prefer cookies and cream.
    1/5 dislike most, will eat the occasional cake batter sprinkly thing. Otherwise, not the taste I prefer.
    I've even found a recipe and made them from scratch.

NOW I am interested.

*Goes to google copycat recipe for poptarts*
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The only pop tarts I ever liked, even as a child, was brown sugar cinnamon. Then they stopped selling them without frosting. I didn't like the frosted ones. I liked the regular ones, with margarine (because we never had butter) spread on it.

I found some without frosting as an adult and bought them, but I ended up throwing them away. They just ruined the taste memory I had from childhood. I don't know if they changed the recipe or my taste changed, but they just tasted like cardboard with sugar and cinnamon.

I say skip them and keep your fond memories.