rejected by online soulmate b/c of weight

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Are there women out there who don't give it away? If so I'd love to hear from you :flowerforyou:

I'd just like to believe I'm not the only one out there :blushing:

I'm not a fan of giving it away either. I like to wait. It's really annoying that the pressure usually starts by the second date.

I dont have a rule about it, but I always talk for awhile before the first date, so things usually get heated by then. :laugh:

i was ready to let you in the first time you kik'd me

You have pretty hair too.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    ha! there are two Part 2's.

go home MFP, you're drunk. :tongue:

^this

Also, you have pretty hair too.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

And I apologize if I added to that unhealthy attitude. I am JUST coming into a healthy attitude on this subject. The thing is, I go out on ONE date for 2 hours and they expectation is to go to my house. This is how I took the above statement.

Are there still men and women who don't go directly to home base on the first date. Is there a place in the world for lets say, ME?

Of course there is a place for you. There is nothing wrong with waiting, there is nothing wrong with not waiting.

When we talk about women and sexuality it seems that we are all either sluts or prudes. When we talk about men, they are all shameless horny jerks. In reality we're just people with different boundaries and comfort levels and views on sex. There is room for all of us <3
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Flexing mod muscles, cuz I am gud like that *WTH happened????

now there are 3 of them!

and it's an MFP bug. i've seen it happen in private groups. maybe now that it's visible here MFP will fix the bug.

streams-crossed.jpg

Yup.

Mods rolling threads simultaneously with peons leads to multiple universes.
  • whatup_imtopher
    Options
    hahahahahaha
  • whatup_imtopher
    Options
    SO TRUE
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused by the number of Part 2 threads. And I haven't even been drinking.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Well I came back and by The Gods, the threads are breeding, they have acquired a life of their own!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

now there are 3 of them!

and it's an MFP bug. i've seen it happen in private groups. maybe now that it's visible here MFP will fix the bug.

streams-crossed.jpg

Yup.

Ahhhh, but I am but a peon mod my dear. no powers at all
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    And every time I post it has the prompts of the roll over :glasses:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

now there are 3 of them!

streams-crossed.jpg

Yup.

Do you have post edit powers in the forums? I suspect that's the key.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I just realized I'm still reading this...

One of my friends was supposed to slap me if I was in the forums for too long. My friends suck. :grumble:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

now there are 3 of them!

streams-crossed.jpg

Yup.

Yes, but yours has it too!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Now that sex is no longer a viewed as a commodity or as a leverage tool and is just being given away very casually to whoever catches the eye, it seems to me that women are displaying more emotional instability. To say the least.

Are there women out there who don't give it away? If so I'd love to hear from you flowerforyou

Let me just quickly comment on this.

I love sex. There is nothing shameful, dirty or wrong about "giving it away". I resent the implication otherwise. I've never used sex as a "tool". I have sex because it's f*cking amazing (I'm also really good at it). There is now only one man in my life (my husband of 8 years) who gets the goods, but there is NOTHING wrong with any of the men I chose before him.

Shaming women into thinking a healthy attitude about sex equals emotional instability is incredibly short sighted.

And I apologize if I added to that unhealthy attitude. I am JUST coming into a healthy attitude on this subject. The thing is, I go out on ONE date for 2 hours and they expectation is to go to my house. This is how I took the above statement.

Are there still men and women who don't go directly to home base on the first date. Is there a place in the world for lets say, ME?

Hi AreWeThereYet. Thanks for putting yourself out on a limb here and fessin' up. When women express socially conservative views, those views will be resented and criticized in short order. Happens to conservative men too of course.

I don't know if you're quite as socially conservative as I am. I've walked both sides of the fence and will now take the marriage-before-sex-no-matter-what stance based upon having lived out the alternative to the fullest.

But is there a place in the world for you in the generic dating world of 2014, USA?

Based on your experiences so far, what do you think?

Are you for real?

Where did I judge anyone based on their sexual habits, preferences or desires? People can (and should) approach sex how they are most comfortable. If that meas waiting until marriage - awesome. If that means banging on the first date - awesome.

The people that WERE originally criticized were people like me - people who have (well, had) no problem with sex on the first date. It was very clearly stated that we had (at the "very least") emotional issues.

Waiting for sex does not make a person morally superior.

I'd never resent or criticize a woman (or man) for her (his) views on sex, no matter how conservative they are. Perhaps you should have read all of the topic at hand before assuming and then going on the defensive.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

you should report all of this to the MFP coders so they can see an example/testcase to know that the problem exists, and then fix the bug on the next update.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

now there are 3 of them!

streams-crossed.jpg

Yup.

Yup...

...or at least it did.

The last post of this thread will have that link until it rolls.

I'm saying that your forum mod powers *created* this alternate universe...a universe in which these special situations (like the jump link being on the last post of the thread) exist.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Now that sex is no longer a viewed as a commodity or as a leverage tool and is just being given away very casually to whoever catches the eye, it seems to me that women are displaying more emotional instability. To say the least.

Are there women out there who don't give it away? If so I'd love to hear from you flowerforyou

Let me just quickly comment on this.

I love sex. There is nothing shameful, dirty or wrong about "giving it away". I resent the implication otherwise. I've never used sex as a "tool". I have sex because it's f*cking amazing (I'm also really good at it). There is now only one man in my life (my husband of 8 years) who gets the goods, but there is NOTHING wrong with any of the men I chose before him.

Shaming women into thinking a healthy attitude about sex equals emotional instability is incredibly short sighted.

Hi AreWeThereYet. Thanks for putting yourself out on a limb here and fessin' up. When women express socially conservative views, those views will be resented and criticized in short order. Happens to conservative men too of course.

I don't know if you're quite as socially conservative as I am. I've walked both sides of the fence and will now take the marriage-before-sex-no-matter-what stance based upon having lived out the alternative to the fullest.

But is there a place in the world for you in the generic dating world of 2014, USA?

Based on your experiences so far, what do you think?

I will just answer your last question: Yes I think there is a place for me out there, it will just take time to find someone that has the same thoughts as me. I never say never, and my views are not really conservative.

I went out on 13 dates in 3 months due to on line dating. Date #13 said "Well if we are getting to know each other, we might as well. Why wait? We aren't getting any younger" blah blah.

My response was "Well, this is very true, and I agree wholeheartedly with you. Now with this being said, it could be possible that me-the girl of your dreams that you want to spend the rest of your life with-has dated and slept with 13 OTHER men with the same line!!

If I want sex with the 13, my choice. I am truly looking for someone to hang out with and enjoy life. I cant get to know you in 2 hours and a romp. /shrug that is just me.

As for shaming-NO WAY!! I have friends that run the gamut of what they find acceptable for themselves. I agree with them all. :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

now there are 3 of them!

streams-crossed.jpg

Yup.

Yup...

...or at least it did.

The last post of this thread will have that link until it rolls.

I'm saying that your forum mod powers *created* this alternate universe...a universe in which these special situations (like the jump link being on the last post of the thread) exist.

Where is that mind blown gif?

And how come you didn't tell me my hair is pretty :sad:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

you should report all of this to the MFP coders so they can see an example/testcase to know that the problem exists, and then fix the bug on the next update.

I did Brainy! I actually reported myself! must be a first :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I did Brainy! I actually reported myself! must be a first :laugh:

I hope you get a strike for your thread-breaking behavior.

:angry:

(:flowerforyou:)